You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

I saw the post-match interview with Aubameyang and the interviewer asked him if he was staying at Arsenal, to which Aubameyang just straight-batted the question and said he wanted to enjoy the FA Cup celebrations with his teammates. Of course the pundits in the studio took that to mean he was off, and that's the narrative a lot of media outlets will choose to go with so this bollocks dominates the news and lets fuckwits like TalkSport peddle their equally worthless opinions. Why do interviewers ask bullshit questions like that? Do they really expect a straight answer? If the player and his agent are looking for a new contract, why would they show their hand? If the player wants to leave but hasn't lined up another club yet, why would he say he was off when it's possible nobody will come in for him at a price acceptable to his club? Does the person asking the question think they'll get a super exclusive when this is on live TV and every media outlet and social media user can discuss it straight away?

It would be worth it to see a player tell an interviewer verbatim to either ask about the match or fuck off.

21 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Fuck knows why your coach took till 3 in the morning to get home. My lad who'd gone on my ticket via coach was back at Childwall 5 Way by about 10pm.

I guess I should have pointed out the firm I went with 

74-1-im-Left_hand_image-2894.jpg

8 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Grealish and Martial nominated for PFA young player of the year. Both are 24.

8 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Trent will win it, my point was that’s it farcical that players in their mid-20’s should be eligible. 

13 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

New-on-the-scene rookie Raheem Sterling won it at 24 last year.

1459529448-friends-sup-wack-playstation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

"If he doesn't want to reduce his salary, which would be understandable, they will have to find another way to finish this situation." Calderon, agent.

Bale has two years to run on his Real contract, which is thought to be worth £600,000 a week.

Stuff they don't have to do:

A) Find a way to finish the situation.

7 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Sarri sacked by Juve for only winning the league!

There must be some kind of contractual obligation for a manager to achieve certain things. Winning the League should really show that you have the credentials to do the job so to fire someone without fear of retribution must mean there is just cause. 

Crazy, when you see other coaches keeping their jobs with virtually no achievements. 

It's a fucking joke, I know it's a one team league at present, and they switched off worse than we did after the title was confirmed, but fuck me, one shot at winning the Champions League (which they've managed twice in 65 fucking years) and your gone! Are they going to fuck Pirlo off if the same happens next season?

On 01/08/2020 at 09:14, Stickman said:

Seeing as it’s Cup Final day which nowadays if your club isn’t involved is easy to forget but it never used to be like that 

EeUe8K6WAAAy6du?format=jpg&name=medium

EeUe8K5XYAEqYPp?format=jpg&name=medium

I used to love FA cup day as a kid. Pre Sky it was the longest build up to a game.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

The last three Juve managers have all been sacked after winning the league.

Eh? Allegri didn't renew his contract, and Conte left to coach the national team.

I think that the early European exit played a part in Sarri's sacking, but losing the Italian Cup final and only just retaining the league title had much to do with it too, because for large parts of the season, Juventus were merely ordinary. They lucked out a little in that their nearest challengers lacked consistency. Juventus have spent a lot of money in recent years but they still have an ageing squad. It remains to be seen what new coach Pirlo will do. Does he bring down the squad's average age and experience and possibly undergo a few lean years, or does he try to keep things ticking over like Allegri and Sarri did?