You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

52 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

Could have put this in the City thread but I suppose it’s just an example of what happens no matter who people support.

It’s this ridiculous support for footballers and attempts to justify everything they do just because they play for the team ‘you’ support.

This Sterling thing, you want to see that Bluemoon ‘Raz should tell them to fuck off’ ‘Southgate’s a cunt’ ‘Gomez should be sent home as well’ 

Same for Bernardo Silva, because he plays for City they defend him, if he played for someone else they’d be wanting him nailed to a wall. 

I understand that it’s just tribalism and people will talk about ‘defending your own’ but it’s people not accepting the possibility it might be that the player is a cunt no matter who he plays for. 

Do they think if they got in trouble that any of the players would give even the smallest turd about defending them. It’s just a job to most players and I bet they think fans are just oddballs that are there to be tolerated. 

And I know that’s not all, you see and hear of some doing good work in the community or being generally nice lads but these City fans cannot be deluded enough to think Sterling cares about them. 

Also, I cringe when I see people type ‘Raz’ as though he’s their mate. 

Just seen Yaya Toure defending Sterling saying he’s young - he’s older than Gomez! Also saying Southgate shouldn’t have dropped him! 
My first thought was it’s because he plays for City!

Guest Pistonbroke

Just been reading an article about the Play Offs for Euro 2020 and it really deserves a place in this thread, what a load of bollocks.

We all know Scotland get a back door chance due to winning a shit group in that nations league bollocks. (although they finished 3rd in their group so would have got a play off spot anyway)
Well it gets even worse. Out of all the group winners from that Nations League bollocks only Iceland failed to qualify automatically, so they go into a play off spot. They would have anyway as they finished third in their group, but they have promoted other teams to fill those Nation league places to ensure that they can have four paths of play offs with the winner of each pool qualifying. They promoted Israel who finished 5th in their group! WTF...Georgia, Bulgaria, Belarus, Hungary, Romania and Bosnia all came 4th in their qualifying groups but get into this ridiculous play off paths. 

They may as well have just binned conventional qualifying, had the top 24 ranked European teams go straight through to the finals and let the rest of the muck play some KO competition for the last 8 places. 

On 14/11/2019 at 11:21, suzy said:

Just seen Yaya Toure defending Sterling saying he’s young - he’s older than Gomez! Also saying Southgate shouldn’t have dropped him! 
My first thought was it’s because he plays for City!

He likes to have his cake and eat it.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Just been reading an article about the Play Offs for Euro 2020 and it really deserves a place in this thread, what a load of bollocks.

We all know Scotland get a back door chance due to winning a shit group in that nations league bollocks. (although they finished 3rd in their group so would have got a play off spot anyway)
Well it gets even worse. Out of all the group winners from that Nations League bollocks only Iceland failed to qualify automatically, so they go into a play off spot. They would have anyway as they finished third in their group, but they have promoted other teams to fill those Nation league places to ensure that they can have four paths of play offs with the winner of each pool qualifying. They promoted Israel who finished 5th in their group! WTF...Georgia, Bulgaria, Belarus, Hungary, Romania and Bosnia all came 4th in their qualifying groups but get into this ridiculous play off paths. 

They may as well have just binned conventional qualifying, had the top 24 ranked European teams go straight through to the finals and let the rest of the muck play some KO competition for the last 8 places. 

Would it sound cynical to suggest that the whole circus could just be cash cow for EUFA ?

Guest Pistonbroke
10 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Would it sound cynical to suggest that the whole circus could just be cash cow for EUFA ?

Very cynical.......How dare you suggest UEFA don't have the fans interests at heart. 

22 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Not really. Despite what they might claim, everything they do is money-driven to a large extent.

But, before he was elected, the current UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin made election promises about 'opening up' UEFA competitions so that more teams have a chance to take part. It was worded in a way so as to claim that it would improve standards across the board and benefit the smaller clubs and nations in particular. In reality it's more about the trickle effect. In the past few years, we've seen a number of sides in the Champions League group stages from countries whose teams normally never get that far, and we're seeing that at international level too with the creation of the Nations League to run alongside the regular qualification process. None of the 4 teams in Pool D of the play-offs has been to a major tournament before. Because the voting system is basically 'one country, one vote', it would be in the leadership's interests to ensure they can keep the smaller nations onside.

• Upvote 1

There was always going to be an awful lot of shite qualifying once they expanded it.   Nowhere near enough quality to fill the spots. 

Like the last euros,  most of the games will be completely pointless.   Shame really cause it used to be a great wee tournament, better than the world Cup even. 

• Upvote 3

"Kloppage time" article by some nomark shitcunt writing for the bbc. Likening our late goals this season to "Fergie time". 

No mate. Fergie time was them getting 7, 8, 9 minutes of injury time. Nothing to do with scoring goals within 'normal' added time. The cunt who wrote the article even claims Origi got us an injury time draw against the bitters last year. We won it 1-0 you hapless twat. How the fuck does shite like this even get published. Astounding levels of shitness. 

Liverpool: Could 'Kloppage Time' late goals win them the Premier League title? - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50332967

Edit: They've corrected the article and given us the win. Nice of them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pistonbroke
On 08/12/2019 at 16:34, Redder Lurtz said:

This hilarious "whhhhhhhhhooooooooooaaaaa YOU'RE SHIT AAAAAGGGHHHH" when keepers take goal kicks gets right on my tits. Small time wankers bringing it to the premier league. Nailed on Leeds mongs will be doing it in the premier league next season. 

Same as that 'Your'e supporting fucking shit' chant from teams that have either won nothing or very little. 

Guest Pistonbroke
32 minutes ago, aws said:

I think it does you credit that you don't know it's "support is ".  

Hahaha, hard to work out what the mongs are singing at times mate. 

She manages Chelsea so she should be a cunts but I like listening to her. Posting this in here because I'm sick of cunts apologising when that shouldn't.

Liverpool Women have hit back at criticism from the Chelsea manager, Emma Hayes, over the state of their pitch.

Speaking after her side’s 1-1 draw on Sunday at Prenton Park, where Liverpool Women play their games, Hayes branded the pitch the worst in the WSL.

Both teams struggled in the conditions at Tranmere’s ground after heavy rain before the match and during play.

“This pitch shouldn’t be part of our league,” Hayes said. “Our league deserves better standards and I think Liverpool – champions of Europe – should provide their women’s team with significantly more than they’re doing.

“I think the quality of that pitch – the worst in the league – is a stain on their club.”

Hayes then apologised on Monday via Twitter, adding Liverpool “deserved the point against us”. However Liverpool sent out their own statement, which read: “In Prenton Park, Liverpool Women have the use of a League One facility, further up the football pyramid than many other clubs in WSL.

Advertisement

“Despite dreadful weather conditions in the run-up to Sunday’s game – and heavy rain during play – the ground staff ensured a playable pitch and a highly competitive game was the result.

“We wish Emma Hayes and her Chelsea team all the very best for the rest of the season.”

8 hours ago, No2 said:

She manages Chelsea so she should be a cunts but I like listening to her. Posting this in here because I'm sick of cunts apologising when that shouldn't.

Liverpool Women have hit back at criticism from the Chelsea manager, Emma Hayes, over the state of their pitch.

Speaking after her side’s 1-1 draw on Sunday at Prenton Park, where Liverpool Women play their games, Hayes branded the pitch the worst in the WSL.

Both teams struggled in the conditions at Tranmere’s ground after heavy rain before the match and during play.

“This pitch shouldn’t be part of our league,” Hayes said. “Our league deserves better standards and I think Liverpool – champions of Europe – should provide their women’s team with significantly more than they’re doing.

“I think the quality of that pitch – the worst in the league – is a stain on their club.”

Hayes then apologised on Monday via Twitter, adding Liverpool “deserved the point against us”. However Liverpool sent out their own statement, which read: “In Prenton Park, Liverpool Women have the use of a League One facility, further up the football pyramid than many other clubs in WSL.

Advertisement

“Despite dreadful weather conditions in the run-up to Sunday’s game – and heavy rain during play – the ground staff ensured a playable pitch and a highly competitive game was the result.

“We wish Emma Hayes and her Chelsea team all the very best for the rest of the season.”

Did she arrive at the ground blindfolded or something? The fact that the ground was mostly empty and you have one huge stand with the words 'Tranmere Rovers' picked out among the seats should have given her some sort of clue.

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

Did she arrive at the ground blindfolded or something? The fact that the ground was mostly empty and you have one huge stand with the words 'Tranmere Rovers' picked out among the seats should have given her some sort of clue.

That doesn't change the fact she's right though, our kids would never play a home game on a pitch like that. 

19 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Nine choices for you for moment of the decade from the BBC.

Such favourites as Gerrards slip, Suarez's bite , Slur's farewell and the Women finishing 3rd in the 2015 WWC.

To be fair you can vote for our Barca comeback but Jesus wept what a pathetic list. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50394950

The women's team not winning anything was one of the decade's greatest moments? Jesus. As for Suarez and Gerrard, how petty and mean-minded, how about celebrating achievements than that sort of dross.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Such favourites as Gerrards slip, Suarez's bite , Slur's farewell and the Women finishing 3rd in the 2015 WWC.

To be fair you can vote for our Barca comeback but Jesus wept what a pathetic list. 

For us, it has to be the Barca game. For English football, I'd go for Aguero's late winner to claim the title in 2012.

1 hour ago, magicrat said:

Absolute joke that list . What about Wigan winning the FA Cup against City, in the last minute, when they were about to be relegated?