You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

Guest Pistonbroke
8 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Didn't the team have to play Arsenal about 4 times in the FA Cup that season too? If social media was around back then, what would fans say about the number of games and the need to rest players?

Yeah, I was laid up in hospital with a dislocated hip whilst that marathon of games against Arsenal went on. The cunts won the third replay 1-0. 

4 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

What was wrong with this one, a ball for all weathers

B7Gt2GUCAAA1bdu.jpg

The players didnt like it because of the band around the circumference and the two red hexagons. They said when it was in the air and spinning it made it's flight hard to judge. Having seen it used mainly in FL Cup finals, I agree with them. It was horrid.

32 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

The players didnt like it because of the band around the circumference and the two red hexagons. They said when it was in the air and spinning it made it's flight hard to judge. Having seen it used mainly in FL Cup finals, I agree with them. It was horrid.

It was used in all league games for a couple of seasons. 

5 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Yeah, I was laid up in hospital with a dislocated hip whilst that marathon of games against Arsenal went on. The cunts won the third replay 1-0. 

I went to the Villa Park one 1-1 , absolute nightmare on the motorway and was nearly half-time before I got in. Never went to the eventual losing game ( Coventry's ground ? )

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I went to the Villa Park one 1-1 , absolute nightmare on the motorway and was nearly half-time before I got in. Never went to the eventual losing game ( Coventry's ground ? )

Yeah, Highfield Road at the time. I was on traction due to the dislocation and some cunt banged into the weights that evening. Not a great night in all honesty. The good old days when you had to rely on the radio. 

19 hours ago, Trumo said:

Didn't the team have to play Arsenal about 4 times in the FA Cup that season too? If social media was around back then, what would fans say about the number of games and the need to rest players?

This and the Euro Cup goal are probably my two favourite Kenny goals....Remember going completely bat shit crazy when he equalised with the last kick of the game....Proper semi-finals were these but what's sad is that this great great side never got to play in a FA Cup final, we should have done the double in 79 and 80

Best away kit as well

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Stickman said:

This and the Euro Cup goal are probably my two favourite Kenny goals....Remember going completely bat shit crazy when he equalised with the last kick of the game....Proper semi-finals were these but what's sad is that this great great side never got to play in a FA Cup final, we should have done the double in 79 and 80

Best away kit as well

Bloody Paisley, concentrating on winning the league and European cup all the time.

6 hours ago, sir roger said:

7 - Of current teams within the top four tiers of English league football, only Liverpool (1) and Manchester City (6) have lost fewer league games (excl. playoffs) than Sunderland (7) since Jack Ross was appointed ahead of 2018-19. Dismissed.

New Bloos manager? Or will he be willing to take a step down?

The trend amongst some clubs to drop the words 'football club' from their name as if they are ashamed of it or, think they are so big they dont need to call themselves football clubs anymore. Started with manchester united. I notice city followed suit as have arsenal and the shite.

We have kept with tradition. Our club crest still stays Liverpool Football Club. Even our shirt badge still says LFC.

• Upvote 1