You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

It might be foolish to think that Ozil could or will be a regular starter at some point this season. In all reality, he hasn’t been that for several years now. But as a creative substitute who is carefully inserted into certain fixtures, used sparingly throughout the season, and is introduced when chasing games late on, he can still be useful. And seeing as he is at Arsenal and they are paying him £350,000 per week, they may as well use him.

11 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

It might be foolish to think that Ozil could or will be a regular starter at some point this season. In all reality, he hasn’t been that for several years now. But as a creative substitute who is carefully inserted into certain fixtures, used sparingly throughout the season, and is introduced when chasing games late on, he can still be useful. And seeing as he is at Arsenal and they are paying him £350,000 per week, they may as well use him.

I hope them gangsters get him seeing as he is clearly one himself. 

Yes, I know, sorry about the origin of the story but got it via BBC:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7449411/Ex-Liverpool-owner-George-Gilletts-son-Foster-bid-buy-Derby-County.html

Ex-Liverpool owner George Gillett's son Foster in bid to buy Derby County

Is junior the supposed prophylactic to keep George out of the spotlight? Fit and proper bollocks.

A Bus driver ask me about the England game down here the other night , I said I couldn’t give a fuck just hoping no injuries to any of the Liverpool players, he then asked me how long I’d been supporting Liverpool , a bit bemused I said all my life on which he replied I’ve been supporting them for about 13 years now, he was about 30 years old.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, easytoslip said:

A Bus driver ask me about the England game down here the other night , I said I couldn’t give a fuck just hoping no injuries to any of the Liverpool players, he then asked me how long I’d been supporting Liverpool , a bit bemused I said all my life on which he replied I’ve been supporting them for about 13 years now, he was about 30 years old.

The true shitness of the modern game summed up.

Rent-a-Gobshites in high profile positions talking about matters that are nothing to do with them. Case in point: Javier Tebas the president of La Liga talking about potential transfers to and from English clubs. In some cases, those clubs have to make an announcement to various stock exchanges first because they are listed or part-listed. Yet you have this guy blurting out shit like he's a journalist for Spanish sports rags like Marca, As or El Mundo Deportivo.

13 hours ago, easytoslip said:

To be fair he may have not been from a football-supporting family or friends background , but won over by Istanbul.

23 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I’m always confused when people describe themselves as a life long supporter, I’d always assume that was a given. Do people really change fucking teams?

I’m a life long supporter  , I don’t see the confusion, always will be as long as I’m permitted on the planet. People must change teams which is confusing, no second teams either apart from the old saying the reserves. I can’t see how it’s possible to change teams do you take down your posters and sling the programmes you had when a kid? It’s an odd one , I think it’s good to see lifelong fans of say a team from the lower leagues or Conference etc when featured in the FA Cup , ones that have been going for years despite lack of success or top flight teams for that matter. 

It could be down to the instant success and gratification that people want these days , who knows.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, sir roger said:

To be fair he may have not been from a football-supporting family or friends background , but won over by Istanbul.

There's a Polish woman* in work who has been in the UK since 2004 and follows the Reds for no better reason than we had a Polish goalie. Whatever it takes.

*Fit. Obvs.

• Upvote 1