You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

Guest Pistonbroke

Just watching some cricket short docu what Sky do now and again at intervals in the game. They were asking players how they have the mental strength to be good on the field. Tony Adams was on it and said 'I just have to clear my head, I don't want to go on the pitch with my head full of other stuff, like family issues or financial worries.' Fucking hell. 

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think that the fourth weekend of the new season is yet another international break weekend judging by our new set of fixtures. WTF.

Didn’t we have a quick international break last year as well.

On 04/07/2019 at 17:31, Pistonbroke said:

Just watching some cricket short docu what Sky do now and again at intervals in the game. They were asking players how they have the mental strength to be good on the field. Tony Adams was on it and said 'I just have to clear my head, I don't want to go on the pitch with my head full of other stuff, like family issues or financial worries.' Fucking hell. 

He blew all his money on booze and gambling didn't he? 

7 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think that the fourth weekend of the new season is yet another international break weekend judging by our new set of fixtures. WTF.

There will be one every month from September to November inclusive.

Poxy shite.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

And its still a load of shite. Doubt your dig regarding Norn Iron beating shitty England will raise much of a reaction on here though.

Wasn't intended as a dig (nor would I expect a reaction on here of all places), just the first game that popped into my head. We beat Spain a year or two after, also in early September. We lost to Iceland a year or two before that as well (might even have been late August). 

29 minutes ago, Mcfaggen said:

Wasn't intended as a dig (nor would I expect a reaction on here of all places), just the first game that popped into my head. We beat Spain a year or two after, also in early September. We lost to Iceland a year or two before that as well (might even have been late August). 

Fair enough. Like I said,they are a stupidly planned inconvenience so early in the new season and make it more difficult for clubs to develop a consistent start to the season. Not forgetting the inevitable injuries they bring.