You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

On 25/04/2019 at 16:10, dave u said:

The real issue is that until the other clubs actually do something about it and demand action, fuck all is going to get done.

Neither UEFA or the FA will do anything at all against City unless pressure is put on them by clubs who actually have some gravitas.

There were reports a few months back that 12 PL teams had complained to the FA. No idea if that was true or not, but my immediate reaction was "why aren't the other six* complaining too?"

* obviously Everton don't count as they'd be happy for City to burn Goodison to the ground as long as they were ensuring we aren't winning the title.

City have better lawyers on their payroll. Neither UEFA nor the PL want the fight, because they'll lose. If they thought for a minute they'd win, they'd be all over it. 

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

City have better lawyers on their payroll. Neither UEFA nor the PL want the fight, because they'll lose. If they thought for a minute they'd win, they'd be all over it. 

So again, the other clubs need to do something. Let them all club together and buy lawyers who are just as good.

I'm not having it that Manchester fucking City have the gravitas to push around Barca, Real, Juve, United, Bayern and us.

It's about time the other clubs fought back.

2 minutes ago, dave u said:

So again, the other clubs need to do something. Let them all club together and buy lawyers who are just as good.

I'm not having it that Manchester fucking City have the gravitas to push around Barca, Real, Juve, United, Bayern and us.

Are our owners complaining though? Aren't we part of that European Super Six set of clubs so hardly acting with integrity ourselves?

12 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Can see more and more of this happening - football in the lower divisions is going to be unsustainable when you've got players in Divisions 3 and 4 on £1-2K a week it's madness.

Leagues One and Two should get an allowance to stream 3pms (and all other games) online via a subscription service.  Not that it would have helped Bolton.

19 hours ago, dave u said:

I think FFP was the bigger clubs fighting back. I seem to remember at the time listening to something on radio 5 where they were saying uefa had no appetite for it and it was the pressure from the big clubs that forced it through. But it's like tax legislation Dave, every time they make a change to the rules, they'll open up something else in doing so and that will get exploited. All city need to do is have smart enough lawyers to find the gaps to drive through. Uefa need lawyers to make the rules initially that are without any gaps at all. It's a bit like the game today, Burnley can defend perfectly for 89 mins, city only had to get it right once. 

19 hours ago, dave u said:

I think the fact that they are not doing much in Europe means Real and Barca aren't interested.

If they were winning champions League year in year out I reckon they'd be all over it 

1 hour ago, Colt Seavers said:

I think the fact that they are not doing much in Europe means Real and Barca aren't interested.

If they were winning champions League year in year out I reckon they'd be all over it 

Correct, FFP only came in the first place because English clubs were dominating Europe. It went away when PSG came around and Platini had his dirty French fingers everywhere. 

Two all English European finals this year and City winning it next year could see it brought back quickly. 

5 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Imagine being on a long haul flight sat next to the type if cunt who'd own a pair of Paul Pogba flip flops. 

I'd spend the whole time down the back of the plane in the stewards' area, getting whiskies off the Croatian hostess.

7 hours ago, an tha said:

Allocations of 6.000 to each of Arsenal and Chelsea for the UEFA Cup Final - in a 68,000 capacity stadium.

Fucking disgusting.

I had just seen that and was about to post. 

No doubt UEFA will spend the entire time talking about how great the fans are and how amazing they make it. 

To be denied the best day of my adult life due to a cheating fucking abhu Dhabi PR project! Fucking roll on renewable energy and alternatives to oil based products, roll the fuck on!

And chill... enjoy the sun, blue skies and the gargantuan bollocks on this Liverpool team to take city to the last game of the season.

• Upvote 2