You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

Interview with Lamela in the Mirror this morning & the following was in a box at the top.

'Erik Lamela's bespoke boot is inspired by the 'Ranger' javelin suit featured in EA's latest title ' Anthem'. Anthem is now out on PS4, Xbox 1 and PC.To buy your copy head to https://xxxxxxxxxx.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Interview with Lamela in the Mirror this morning & the following was in a box at the top.

'Erik Lamela's bespoke boot is inspired by the 'Ranger' javelin suit featured in EA's latest title ' Anthem'. Anthem is now out on PS4, Xbox 1 and PC.To buy your copy head to https://xxxxxxxxxx.

The silly cunt needs his bollocks kicking up into his mouth.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I liked their banners behind their goal in the first half. 

MODERN FOOTBALL KILLS EMOTION

FUCK VAR FUCK UEFA 

Can't remember if they were still there in the second half, didn't see much of that end of the pitch to be honest. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Bayern Munich have 7 Nation Army goal celebration music. Fuck me. That's league 2 level shitness.

Nah - it's a cultural thing.  Acceptable in Germany as a foreign song.

We very nearly had Live is Life as a chant for goodness sake.

As Aventus says, proper fans them.

On 14/03/2019 at 07:09, Aventus said:

I liked their banners behind their goal in the first half. 

MODERN FOOTBALL KILLS EMOTION

FUCK VAR FUCK UEFA 

Can't remember if they were still there in the second half, didn't see much of that end of the pitch to be honest. 

I think VAR adds to the emotion rather than takes it away. A bit of suspense as the outcome is decided upon behind the scenes. 

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Agreed. Whats the fucking point. 

Keep it as it is, I like the idea of a world club championship for all continent champions. I wish it was more prestigious than it is because its nothing more than a friendly cup as it stands. 

17 hours ago, an tha said:

I very much doubt that clubs would get £50m each for taking part, but if FIFA could make that happen, it would be the absolute death knell of competition for clubs in those countries where that sort of money represents several years (maybe even a decade or more) of income.

Look at Scotland, where Celtic are the only ones who get any sort of big TV money for participation in the CL. That keeps them financially stronger than the rest in Scotland, and means that the others (except maybe Rangers if they get their act together) have no chance of winning the league and therefore participating in the next season's CL to earn more money. There are even more extreme examples of this monopolisation in other small European leagues. And that's before even mentioning the oil-fuelled financial disparity in the French league.

It also makes it more likely that the big European clubs will push for a Super League. UEFA have had to bend over backwards to appease them and prevent a breakaway, but FIFA's plans have merely added to UEFA's headache.

• Upvote 2

This modern bollocks with ball just touching the corner quadrant now seems to have spread to penalties as well....noticing more and more now peba being taken with ball virtually past spot.

Wish they'd tighten up on both and nake ball have to be in quadrant and ball fully on spot.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, an tha said:

This modern bollocks with ball just touching the corner quadrant now seems to have spread to penalties as well....noticing more and more now peba being taken with ball virtually past spot.

Wish they'd tighten up on both and nake ball have to be in quadrant and ball fully on spot.

It doesn't even have to touch it,it just has to overhang it because of the shape of the ball. In the same way a ball has to cross the goal line fully as if viewing from above.

16 hours ago, an tha said:

It wouldn't be so bad if the corner kick subsequently cleared the first man, but it seldom does. If corner kick takers devoted as much care to their technique as they do to the 'Ooh, look at me being sneaky' placement of the ball, maybe they'd actually create some chances.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It doesn't even have to touch it,it just has to overhang it because of the shape of the ball. In the same way a ball has to cross the goal line fully as if viewing from above.

It is bollocks and a totally modern thing.

Put the fucking thing in the quadrant and on the spot!

As gkmacca says below they fuck about with it too much.

I honestly hate it!

34 minutes ago, an tha said:

It is bollocks and a totally modern thing.

Put the fucking thing in the quadrant and on the spot!

As gkmacca says below they fuck about with it too much.

I honestly hate it!

Not sure it is to be honest. The rule has been written in the same way for decades. I remember players doing it in the Irish League in the 1980s. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

Maybe i just notice it more now then.

The problem is that most players are thick but observant, so when one of them sees another one do something like that, they all do it, even though they probably can't explain what advantage they think they're getting by doing it. It's like the ridiculous pointing at the heavens whenever they come on to the pitch and/or score a goal. Most of them aren't religious, and haven't recently lost a loved one, but they've seen others pointing so they start pointing. Ludicrous!

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, an tha said:

Maybe i just notice it more now then.

Possibly. Though I noticed a few referees in our games recently make a thing about it... moving the ball a fraction of an inch for some inexplicable reason. So it's been in view, so to speak. 

On 18/03/2019 at 07:37, gkmacca said:

The problem is that most players are thick but observant, so when one of them sees another one do something like that, they all do it, even though they probably can't explain what advantage they think they're getting by doing it. It's like the ridiculous pointing at the heavens whenever they come on to the pitch and/or score a goal. Most of them aren't religious, and haven't recently lost a loved one, but they've seen others pointing so they start pointing. Ludicrous!

Probably pointing at a single prop aircraft flying a Moyes Out banner wherever the hapless cunt happens to be managing at that moment.