You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

5 hours ago, razor said:

February 2019 and you've only just worked that out?  I'm not sure if you're kidding.

It's the biggest embarrassment in modern football.  Chelsea do the same co-ordinated cringey big flag wave, but I think theirs is only before the match.  I say "only" but I still sick-up when I see it.

Arsenal football club pay some braindead cheerleaders to wave big flags from pre-specified co-ordinates for "maximum match day impact".  I want to know what Claude thinks of it.  In fact, I think we all already know.

I hang head in shame, never noticed until yesterday. In my naivety I just assumed they were fans.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, A_S said:

Real Madrid fans towards Bale. Ungrateful cunts. 

They're an awful shower. His European Cup final goals weren't long forgotten. More credit to him if he doesn't want to hang out with Ramos and the rest of them.

Hope Ajax give them a bit of a rattle tonight.

4 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Is that a modern football thing? I thought real Madrid fans had always been self entitled cunts. 

They have, but the club took it to a new level when they ushered in (with free fridge magnets) the Galacticos era. La Liga would be a much more enjoyable league if the El Clasico cunts fucked off.

The way football has gone Real Madrid don't give a shit about the domestic league. Juve, PSG and usually Bayern can build the last 2 months of their season around the champions league. If Barca beat Atletico in a couple of weeks then you can both of them too.

I've never been one for the "poor English teams" but it's true now, they are at a massive disadvantage having to play meaningful games 3 days before and after CL games where those above can clear the diary for 7 days either side.

What Liverpool and City are trying to achieve this season is impossible, you can't win the premier league and European cup in the same season.

1 hour ago, No2 said:

The way football has gone Real Madrid don't give a shit about the domestic league. Juve, PSG and usually Bayern can build the last 2 months of their season around the champions league. If Barca beat Atletico in a couple of weeks then you can both of them too.

I've never been one for the "poor English teams" but it's true now, they are at a massive disadvantage having to play meaningful games 3 days before and after CL games where those above can clear the diary for 7 days either side.

What Liverpool and City are trying to achieve this season is impossible, you can't win the premier league and European cup in the same season.

Of course you can.

1 hour ago, No2 said:

Why are PSG not winning the CL every year then?

On 2/25/2019 at 9:27 AM, TheDrowningMan said:

Let’s not forget that Arsenal masked the redevelopment of a stand with a giant, painted mural depicting a sell-out crowd all the way back in 1992. That sort of shit is in their DNA.

And that stand still made more noise than the rest of their fans

43 minutes ago, No2 said:

Because Real Madrid are better than them.

The point is, they are usually knocked out by teams who are still playing "meaningful games" in their domestic leagues. Spanish teams dominate CL and EL because they are the best teams. When Atletico last won their league, they were playing in the CL final against Real Madrid, and later had a crunch game away at Barcelona. Who were knocked out from the CL by them. And they all had to play big domestic games all the way to the last day. City were mostly out of contention for the PL or winning it since 2015 and could clear their schedule, still never made it past the QF.

Ramos. Not only did he pick up a booking because he assumed RM would go through at home against Ajax but he also had a film crew from Amazon doing a documentary about him in his box. Ha fucking ha you shite Val Kilmer looking cheating cock-jockey 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Ramos. Not only did he pick up a booking because he assumed RM would go through at home against Ajax but he also had a film crew from Amazon doing a documentary about him in his box. Ha fucking ha you shite Val Kilmer looking cheating cock-jockey 

I can't help but think that is the beauty of modern football. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Redder Lurtz said:

"Real Madrid's Spanish attacking midfielder Isco, 26, is "enraged" with his manager Santiago Solari and has informed his entourage to make contact with Manchester City."

Fuck sake. So much wrong I don't know where to start. 

Translating as 'I'm a self entitled cunt not willing to try hard enough to show I'm a good player so I will look to go elsewhere where they pamper me more like the self entitled cunt I am.'

As much as I hate City for what they've become I don't see Guardiola as a pamperer of players though. He will defend them like Klopp but he is definitely the boss.

On 3/5/2019 at 3:35 PM, SasaS said:

Why are PSG not winning the CL every year then?

When you dominate your domestic league to such an extent that you win comfortably every week without getting out of second gear, it's difficult to suddenly find an extra couple of gears at the business end of the Champions League when your opponents are likely to be involved in much closer domestic contests, therefore a bit sharper.

When Klopp's Dortmund posed a genuine threat to Bayern's domestic dominance, Bayern were ones of Europe's strongest sides. After Bayern began to completely dominate the Bundesliga again, they struggled for intensity in the CL knockout stage because that level of sharpness and intensity wasn't required in the league.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

A bit of the shitness of old football which has persisted longer than it really needs to  - apart from Sian Massey, I think every single Premier League official is a white man.

Something's not right, there.

What happened to Uriah Rennie?

ETA : Apparently he retired. Time flies eh?

• Upvote 1