You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

9 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Nah, you were in the right place.

Imagine being out in the third round and being happy about it...

Beat me to it, I remember when we used to try and win cups! The contempt this club has for the FA cup when we've won nowt in 7 years is pathetic.

Just fuck football in to the sea and have done with it!

55 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Nah, you were in the right place.

Imagine being out in the third round and being happy about it...

I don’t need to imagine it. I’m not happy. Im not unhappy. I’m just not arsed.

Imagine being a self-righteous twat. Well, you don’t need to...

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I don’t need to imagine it. I’m not happy. I’m just not arsed.

Imagine being a self-righteous twat. Well, you don’t need to...

Chill out, wasn't a swipe at you.  Think I'm allowed to be a little miffed about us sandbagging our way out of another trophy.

On 11/27/2018 at 9:55 AM, Barry Wom said:

Makes you wonder why the owners are so reluctant to extend the anfield road, aside from the obvious they can’t charge what they want. Seems to me there’d be no issue selling an extended anfield road with regular price tickets. 

Same reason we are going to be relying on Sturridge, Lallana and Moreno for a title run in. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/21/2018 at 11:55 AM, TheHowieLama said:

Having to listen to yet another manager tell me how good Mesut Ozil is even though he has been dropped by said manager.

On 1/1/2019 at 2:14 PM, TheHowieLama said:

Having to listen to Mesut Ozil rule out loan moves every January

Having to listen to said manager say Mesut Ozil is available for transfer.

2 hours ago, DJLJ said:

A forerunner to the Charity Shield being played in Pyongyang. Can't wait for the UEFA sponsored Crimea Cup either.

They've played the game abroad a few times now. They even played it in Libya one year, and Gaddafi's son got into the Juventus team photos following their win. He fancied himself as a footballer and even played in Serie A believe it or not.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

A new low for modern footy 

Fans chanting 'VAR, VAR, VAR' after a coming together in the area in the Southampton v Derby FA cup tie.

Are they saying it or spelling it?

Anyone trying to deflect from their team’s shit performance by saying an incident “...changed the whole course of the game...” Eddie Howe for example when Salah was offside by 1mm when scoring the first in our 4-0 win. Using Howe’s argument, the referee should have blown his whistle and ended the game there and then

14 hours ago, El Rojo said:

xG

Don't even want to know what it means.

Expected goals, just a further commodification of the game into the realms of statistics and finance. It's part of the reason why I dislike VAR so much 'there's too much money riding on decisions' who gives a fucking shit, can't the GAME (I capitalise to emphasise the fact it is still a game, a piece of entertainment) not just be left unaltered by the needs of those with financial considerations at the top of the pile all of the time.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Moctezuma said:

Expected goals, just a further commodification of the game into the realms of statistics and finance. It's part of the reason why I dislike VAR so much 'there's too much money riding on decisions' who gives a fucking shit, can't the GAME (I capitalise to emphasise the fact it is still a game, a piece of entertainment) not just be left unaltered by the needs of those with financial considerations at the top of the pile all of the time.

No. We crossed the Rubicon a long time ago and it would take something spectacular to cross back and I can't see it happening.