You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

4 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Sunday premier league consisting of Newcastle v Wolves when there are two far more interesting games live on Saturday night. That's pretty much any pub's Sunday afto fucked unless you're in Newcastle or Wolverhampton. Shite. 

This. Was saying the exact same to my mate.

If your place was child friendly I'd be up Pudsey tomorrow showing my support by drinking you out of *insert shit cheap low alcohol lager here 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mook said:

New Balance 'drop' new black out Liverpool kit...

https://www.soccerbible.com/performance/football-apparel/2018/12/new-balance-drop-liverpool-limited-edition-1819-blackout-shirt/

What a load of bollocks & anyone who uses 'drop' in this context should be dropped on their fucking head by Godzilla.

It’s fucking rubbish.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Absolutely any song of any semblance of originality being heard sung sooner or later by another team.

city fans are singing Allez, Allez, Allez as I type this. 

It's mad that they are singing about us, while playing an entirely different team. Still got the small time bitter mentality it seems. They are basically the worst parts of Everton and United combined. 

“All the way to Kiev

To end up in defeat

Crying in the stands

And battered on the streets

Ramos injured Salah

Victims of it all

Sterling won the double

The scousers won f*ck all

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ”

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46612448

Barcelona midfielder Rafinha has been ordered to wear Adidas boots again - or face a fine of up to 1m euros.

The 25-year-old thought his sponsorship deal ended in the summer and switched to wearing blacked-out Mizuno boots, but has been sued by the German sportswear giants.

Rafinha said Adidas had not supported him through two earlier serious injuries and buried the five-year extension in his contract.

"Although he is no legal expert, he knows how sponsor deals work," the judge said.

The player is actually out for the season after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during last month's draw with Atletico Madrid.

The district court in Amsterdam, where the original sponsorship deal was signed, ordered the Brazil playmaker to pay a fine of 10,000 euros for each day he refuses to honour his contract, up to a maximum of 1m euros (£898,998).

Rafinha has also been ordered to pay the costs of the trial, but it could have been worse - Adidas were seeking a fine of 100,000 euros for every day after 1 July when he broke his contract.

On 12/15/2018 at 3:12 PM, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Oh, it’s about us? Fair enough for nicking the tune in that case, but yeah, bad meffs for singing about us when they’re playing someone else.

There's a couple of citeh fans come into my pub. They're fucking obsessed with us. One of them earlier reeled off our Jan and Feb fixtures but had no idea what theirs were. One of them was audibly cheering on United on Sunday. Everton with a lottery win is all they are. 

4 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

There's a couple of citeh fans come into my pub. They're fucking obsessed with us. One of them earlier reeled off our Jan and Feb fixtures but had no idea what theirs were. One of them was audibly cheering on United on Sunday. Everton with a lottery win is all they are. 

With respect,every football club has a fair amount of absolute knobheads following them,including our own. I'd never make generalisations about football fans as we all have different views and personalities regarding our teams. It is fair to say however that Citeh are now recognising us as genuine rivals which is a massive compliment in itself. I bet they even have their own fans who follow their teams on flashscores and dream about the heady days of the 1980s.

Arsenal Fan TV forced to rebrand to AFTV by the club because they didn’t like them using the word Arsenal, because their videos get several million hits and the club are worried about the criticism. Grow some, you proprietary gobshites.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Arsenal Fan TV forced to rebrand to AFTV by the club because they didn’t like them using the word Arsenal, because their videos get several million hits and the club are worried about the criticism. Grow some, you proprietary gobshites.

Claude: "Fackin' club has gone to the fackin' dogs."

DT: "I go and watch us home and away, and this is what I get?"

Club Shop Ty: "I still believe Arsene Wenger can turn this around."

Kelechi: "[insert mentalist bollocks that nobody can understand]"

Troopz: "It's coz I iz not blud, innit fam?"

Robbie: "I don't give a fuck. More fans complaining about this means more hits which means more dollarz which means a nice new Roller drophead."

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

How the fuck has that fst headed cunt conned another club into hiring him? And by all accounts giving him a month's holiday before he starts?

He used to manage Sheffield United once upon a time. I can guarantee there are Wednesday fans up in arms because of that link (just as alot of Villa fans never warmed to him because of his Birmingham City days), and there are also Blades fans thinking of him as a traitor for joining the dark side or something. If there is another inter-city rivalry in this country that absolutely NOBODY other than their fans gives a fuck about, I've yet to hear of it.

5 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

How the fuck has that fst headed cunt conned another club into hiring him? And by all accounts giving him a month's holiday before he starts?

5 hours ago, Stickman said:

Probably so he can get his head around it

Conversely Stickman, it gives the management headhunters a few weeks start to get the tape measure around his head. It takes almost three weeks to complete the first lap.

Didn't know where to put this as this cunt doesn't seem to have his own thread...Still nice work if you can get it

PFA’s Gordon Taylor faces pressure over ‘scandalous’ £2.2m pay package

Oh and throw in a £44k plus car allowance....And as has Brian Reade mentioned the PFA only spend around £125k a year on ex-players head injuries

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/12/pfa-gordon-taylor-pressure-scandalous-salary

• Like 1