You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

Just now, Einch said:

Salah and Mane now as well. Fuck off international cunt football 

Just now, Einch said:

Salah and Mane now as well. Fuck off international cunt football 

Clubs need to stand together and get it sorted.

It has to stop.....we could line up saturday minus salah, mane and vvd....

In what other industry are you forced to hand over your prized assets and just have to accept them returned to you fucked and live with the consequences of that.

Play these pointless, worthless games at end of season and stop this interference with what matters

There is another fucking break in less than a month and the ingerlund cunts play the fucking USA in a friendly....i mean seriously what the fuck

48 minutes ago, an tha said:

Clubs need to stand together and get it sorted.

It has to stop.....we could line up saturday minus salah, mane and vvd....

In what other industry are you forced to hand over your prized assets and just have to accept them returned to you fucked and live with the consequences of that.

Play these pointless, worthless games at end of season and stop this interference with what matters

There is another fucking break in less than a month and the ingerlund cunts play the fucking USA in a friendly....i mean seriously what the fuck

That’s part and parcel though. Senegal’s next game is an ACN qualification game, and who knows, maybe Mane loves playing with his country mates. I’m not comfortable with the idea of the employing clubs monopolising football. Little as I care about international football, loads of fans and players seem to love it. Even our very best of players e.g., Suarez, Gerrard. 

16 minutes ago, aRdja said:

That’s part and parcel though. Senegal’s next game is an ACN qualification game, and who knows, maybe Mane loves playing with his country mates. I’m not comfortable with the idea of the employing clubs monopolising football. Little as I care about international football, loads of fans and players seem to love it. Even our very best of players e.g., Suarez, Gerrard. 

As far as i am concerned the players are the clubs assets - acquired at huge cost and paid huge wages to represent the clubs.

If you worked for a big company in an important and extremely highly paid job do you think your company would just allow you to go and work nights at the asda stacking shelves and then call in sick because you are too fucked to come to work after dropping a box of stella cans on your foot on one of those night shifts?

As far as i am concerned international football should be an amateur pursuit....all it is is teams of accidents of birth lumped together - let it's so called corinhian spirit be just that and leave the proper stuff that players are paid millions to do and clubs invest billions in building to the professional club game.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

The other clubs don't seem to get affected as much as the others. Taggart had it right, either players dropping out with trivial injuries and back for next game or agreements that the players only play bit parts. We need to play hardball.

Ronald Koeman on Virgil van Dijk: "He's back to Liverpool and he's ready to play for next week. He takes a rest. The medical staff of the Dutch national team spoke to the medical staff of Liverpool and we made the decision that he was only playing the Germany game." 

18 minutes ago, an tha said:

As far as i am concerned the players are the clubs assets - acquired at huge cost and paud huge wages to represent the clubs.

If you worked for a big company in an important and extremely highly paid job do you think your company would just allow you to go and work nights at the asda stacking shelves and then call in sick because you are too fucked to come to work after dropping a box of stella cans on your foot on one of those night shifts?

As far as i am concerned international football should be an amateur pursuit....all it is is teams of accidents of birth lumped together - let it's so called corinhian spirit be just that and leave the proper stuff that players are paid millions to do and clubs invest billions in building to the professional club game.

I dont think I could agree with you here an tha. Just seems a very capitalist way to look at football to me. Maybe not I’m reading your post right. And a lot of big companies give their employees all sorts of leave. I took a year unpaid leave a couple of years ago for example... they give employees study leave, shared parental leave, over and above their stat annual leave. Probably the most high profile case in the corporate world in recent time involved the CEO of Lloyds Bank who took some time off due to fatigue a few years back now.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2011/nov/02/lloyds-chief-leave-absence-stress

Moreover, If we start playing hard ball with players it’d give other clubs an easy opportunity to gain a competitive advantage in attracting players.

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I dont think I could agree with you here an tha. Just seems a very capitalist way to look at football to me. Maybe not I’m reading your post right. And a lot of big companies give their employees all sorts of leave. I took a year unpaid leave a couple of years ago for example, they give employees study leave, shared parental leave, over and above their stat annual leave. If we start playing hard ball with players it gives other clubs an easy opportunity to gain a competitive advantage in attracting players.

The company i work for don't allow me to work for other companies - in my view (and i realise it will be a minority view) all the clubs should adopt this policy.

As i have said what other industry enforces that you have to release your prime assets to do the job you pay them a kings ransom for for somebody else and then just accept them being returned to you fucked and you have to deal with the consequences/lose important games etc.

I despise international football and yeah not everyone feels same but for me it has no place in its current format and the way it impacts on the season in the modern game.

The reason all of these fucking pointless friendlies and this new shit competition exist is for capitalist reasons.

Have two international breaks a season to play all the Euro or World Cup qualifiers. Have three or four games in each break. Better for the clubs, better for International managers, and probably better for fans of International football as well.

Ban all friendlies that aren't within a fortnight of an international tournament starting.

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

The company i work for don't allow me to work for other companies - in my view (and i realise it will be a minority view) all the clubs should adopt this policy.

As i have said what other industry enforces that you have to release your prime assets to do the job you pay them a kings ransom for for somebody else and then just accept them being returned to you fucked and you have to deal with the consequences/lose important games etc.

I despise international football and yeah not everyone feels same but for me it has no place in its current format and the way it impacts on the season in the modern game.

How would you implement that? Say all the clubs in the UK agree to implement this ‘policy’, what’s stopping the clubs in Germany from going “Come to us, we won’t pay you as much, but we’ll treat you right!”?

11 minutes ago, aRdja said:

How would you implement that? Say all the clubs in the UK agree to implement this ‘policy’, what’s stopping the clubs in Germany from going “Come to us, we won’t pay you as much, but we’ll treat you right!”?

I realise it won't happen and yeah i am venting but as i say i fucking despise international football and would love to see it fucked off.

10 minutes ago, The Guest said:

I don’t know what’s more tedious.  International football or people comparing football to other industries and working conditions.

Obviously the latter. The entertainment on display last night was excellent. I don’t remember an England team playing as well as they did last night (in the first half especially) since France 98.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1