You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

Most people who are fucking off at 43 mins are going for a pint. And to be fair, the majority of the last 30 years they've probably needed it.

Yeah then the pints gone through them so they get up to go the gents 10 minutes into the second half, then five minutes before the end to miss the traffic! Can’t bear it when people get up and down all the time! It’s 45 minutes ffs til a break why can’t they stay put !

• Upvote 2

Yeah then the pints gone through them so they get up to go the gents 10 minutes into the second half, then five minutes before the end to miss the traffic! Can’t bear it when people get up and down all the time! It’s 45 minutes ffs til a break why can’t they stay put !

I blame the team on the pitch. Make it so people don't want to miss a minute. Over the last 30 years, the football has mostly got in the way of a good day out.

The thing is, this wouldn't happen if people could manage to go two hours without eating junk food. As long as I can remember you've had blerts pissing off to buy something to eat after 43 minutes of the first half. This isn't a modern football issue, it's a modern people issue.

The fucking farts off that rank food is the real killer.

At least the smoking has stopped, smoking and farts - come on you reds.

• Upvote 1

Seems a reasonable deal to be fair , still guarantees for all clubs & percentage difference at a maximum of 1.8 times.

I don't think the lower teams could realistically argue that the level of the money in the pot is only there as a result of the top 6,

I went to watch one of our games in Benalmadena last year and couldn't even get into our usual bar it was that busy. I was in there the next night when there was a Burnley game on & me and the Mrs were the only people in there.

Seems a reasonable deal to be fair , still guarantees for all clubs & percentage difference at a maximum of 1.8 times.

I don't think the lower teams could realistically argue that the level of the money in the pot is only there as a result of the top 6,

I went to watch one of our games in Benalmadena last year and couldn't even get into our usual bar it was that busy. I was in there the next night when there was a Burnley game on & me and the Mrs were the only people in there.

Its just more dished out to the 'big boys' and less to the rest. I'd like for say Burnley or Newcastle or Leicester to able to break the monopoly but deals like this continue to make it almost impossible. Leeds,Derby,Forest,Villa,Ipswich all used to give us a run for our money when we were top dogs and that was great for the game but now its just another league within a league and I find it a bit shit that there's so little competition.

Its just more dished out to the 'big boys' and less to the rest. I'd like for say Burnley or Newcastle or Leicester to able to break the monopoly but deals like this continue to make it almost impossible. Leeds,Derby,Forest,Villa,Ipswich all used to give us a run for our money when we were top dogs and that was great for the game but now its just another league within a league and I find it a bit shit that there's so little competition.

Says in the article that they need a minimum of 14 teams to agree to it before any changes are made, they rejected it the first couple of times but compromised and accepted this one.

So they must be getting something good out of it, can't see them signing off on fucking themselves over. Turkeys voting for Christmas.