You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

Fucking state of officiating. What the fuck is the point of anything when you've got utterly abysmal refereeing like yesterday. I've just rewatched the highlights and I wish I hadn't as I'm fucking furious all over again. Ali booked for diving, Lamela and that big chinned cunt both guilty of the same but unpunished. The pen given for the tongueless wonder's dive when he was clearly offside, and not a fucking mention from anyone about the fact there was no contact made on him by Karius. As for Lamela throwing himself at Van Dyke and being awarded a pen, the mind just fucking boggles. That cunt of a linesman needs calling out. He needs fucking sacking.

• Upvote 2

Fucking state of officiating. What the fuck is the point of anything when you've got utterly abysmal refereeing like yesterday. I've just rewatched the highlights and I wish I hadn't as I'm fucking furious all over again. Ali booked for diving, Lamela and that big chinned cunt both guilty of the same but unpunished. The pen given for the tongueless wonder's dive when he was clearly offside, and not a fucking mention from anyone about the fact there was no contact made on him by Karius. As for Lamela throwing himself at Van Dyke and being awarded a pen, the mind just fucking boggles. That cunt of a linesman needs calling out. He needs fucking sacking.

Not to mention (which nobody seems to have done) Calvert Lewin trying to pull the same trick that won him the penalty at Anfield in their drubbing at Arsenal - but not getting away with it. Presumably because the ref knew what was coming, having seen it before. 

supposed 'professionals' on-field arguing with each other about who takes penalties or free kicks. don't they sort that out clearly in the dressing room with the manager these days? never seemed to happen in the past

I am willing to guess that some players are on goal bonuses so scoring a pen is an easier(not in our case) few quid.

I noticed during the game on Sunday on that animated signage around the pitch these days revealed.........'Canada Petro-Lubricants - The official LFC lubricant partner'.

I wouldn't want it any other way..

Are Rainham Steel still going, reminds me of the old days when they were on hoardings round the pitch

Guardiola on a crusade to get special protection for his players. Apparently his team get butchered by oppos out to stop them. So he wants special talks with the PGMOL and other stuff. Now we all know yarddogs will play rough house football but I am pretty certain there are rough house tactics in Spain and Germany. I might be mistaken but I do not remember him running crying to the refs there.

Guardiola on a crusade to get special protection for his players. Apparently his team get butchered by oppos out to stop them. So he wants special talks with the PGMOL and other stuff. Now we all know yarddogs will play rough house football but I am pretty certain there are rough house tactics in Spain and Germany. I might be mistaken but I do not remember him running crying to the refs there.

Not sure about Bayern but he did used to bitch and moan at Barcelona every now and then. Guardiola's sides are bound to have more fouls and bad tackles against their players simply because they have so much of the ball, and the other side spend most of their time trying to keep them out and win it back.

The BBC used a copy of a certain rag to highlight this apparent 'story' on Football Focus today. I urge people to protest against that rag showing anything to do with football news at all.

Which just proves that rather than use any of the dailies as I imagine the story was run in most of them,the BBC use the biggest piece of shite to highlight it. Cunts.