You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

I think the 30 minutes per half is a good idea if they're stopping the clock when the ball is out of play. Can't wait to get my 30% refund on my season ticket. 

Yeah right.

Seriously though, how many goalkeepers have we seen at Anfield that take a fucking age to take a goal kick, the refs speaking to them about 5 or six times and rarely booking them for time wasting. Subs that wander over to the other side of the pitch when they are to be substituted then slowly dawdling off, then the fake injuries that are purely there to either break up play or waste time.

I think most of the Allardyce/Pulis book of shithouse football tactics would be made redundant under this rule. 

• 2 weeks later...

Image rights for players.

There's been a fair bit in the news recently about how several players at both Real and Barca have been avoiding paying tax by not declaring income from image rights and the like. The tax situation is one thing, but there's another aspect that has become more and more common, and is a massive ball-ache.

How often do we now see players and their agents leak cryptic comments and 'cliffhanger' insinuations to the press and via social media? Throwing tantrums over the most trivial shit like people not singing happy birthday to them, posting and then deleting comments designed to inflame, liking/following and/or unliking/unfollowing their/another club, etc. No matter how stupid they look, it keeps them in the public eye, and they earn more and more cash by remaining in the public eye. Just to give two recent examples from the Premier League, both Lukaku and Sanchez have publicly commented on where they are going to be next season without specifying that they are staying with or leaving their current clubs. The only ones to benefit from this shit are the players and their agents because it keeps everyone talking about them. They've added 'value' to their image so the cash keeps rolling in.

The day when the well dries up can't come soon enough.

• Upvote 1

And still a month after being released Sky and BT haven't rchosen what games are being televised.

So fuck you patronised life blood of the game if you are thinking of making any sort of plans for the Friday, Sunday or Monday .

Not sure why I'm putting it in the shitness of modern football as they've been doing it for years now.

• Upvote 2

And still a month after being released Sky and BT haven't rchosen what games are being televised.

So fuck you patronised life blood of the game if you are thinking of making any sort of plans for the Friday, Sunday or Monday .

Not sure why I'm putting it in the shitness of modern football as they've been doing it for years now.

Bit of a guide here. 72741ba0cdbf5c756e2964d8b4d52615.jpg
  • Upvote 2

Scousers supporting the Mancs. Not Evertonians but I know two people who are from Liverpool who support Manchester United. They seem utterly oblivious to the fact that they support a club and associate with fans who hate people from Liverpool. This is despite them being "proud scousers".

A woman I know has a season ticket for them despite her brother supporting Liverpool. I asked her why she supports them and apparently all her friends at Uni supported them. I then asked her what the fuck she does when they sing songs about Hillsborough and go on about putting scousers on a bonfire. She had no reply. She obviously just sits there like a fucking Uncle Tom.

• Upvote 2

Scousers supporting the Mancs. Not Evertonians but I know two people who are from Liverpool who support Manchester United. They seem utterly oblivious to the fact that they support a club and associate with fans who hate people from Liverpool. This is despite them being "proud scousers".

A woman I know has a season ticket for them despite her brother supporting Liverpool. I asked her why she supports them and apparently all her friends at Uni supported them. I then asked her what the fuck she does when they sing songs about Hillsborough and go on about putting scousers on a bonfire. She had no reply. She obviously just sits there like a fucking Uncle Tom.

Fucking hell...never actually met a scouser who admitted to supporting those rats but i did know a couple of knobheads years ago from ellesmere port who supported them - both reckoned they had a few supporters over there.

Agreeing personal terms and interest in a player without the small issue of actually sorting a transfer fee and deal out with the selling club first.

Oh that's just us then.....

It's almost exclusively that way around, it's rare you'll see a bid being made before a club gauges a players interest.