You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

If anyone needs 2 tickets for Saturday, with hospitality before and after the game and a famous scouse pie at half time then please call Thomas Cook for details. A Shankly suite pass is included, for an extra charge. If your interested please shoot yourself in the head and send me the pictures. Prices start at £9000

• Upvote 2

If it was gone none of us would be on here reading this.

A lot has gone but can he reclaimed.

Maybe

But I present in evidence:

- Sunday supplement

- talk sport (except those hawksbee and Jacobs fellas who aren't bad if you get past the self assurance and the Spurs/Chelsea thing)

- Jim White

I've done loads of drugs, and it definitely isn't.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the recent injury time derby winner.

I've been to many a Glastonbury, but don't recall screaming like a teenage girl plugged into the mains whilst banging on the wall / ceiling / television then attempting to skid on my knees along the carpet.

Chemical Brothers in 97 was brilliant, though.

• Upvote 1

Fucking tv companies who start their football programme an hour before actual kick off so we can be fed banal discussion by ex pros and some nobhead facilitator to keep the discussion on track.

Im settling in to watch the massive Vanarama national league clash between Chester and Gateshead before making my way down to Anfield for out game and even the Vanarama game has a 30 minute intro before fucking kick off.

Id have the pleasure of being regaled for 30 odd minutes by some ex BBC North East News 'sports presenter' who couldnt even be the main man on a regional fucking news programme!

Just get right fucking to it without the waffle, will you?

I refer the honourable gentleman to the recent injury time derby winner.

I've been to many a Glastonbury, but don't recall screaming like a teenage girl plugged into the mains whilst banging on the wall / ceiling / television then attempting to skid on my knees along the carpet.

Chemical Brothers in 97 was brilliant, though.

You were doing rubbish drugs lad.

You were doing rubbish drugs lad.

Fuckin Howard Marks over here.

There's not a drug on the market that can compete with, for example, Istanbul. It was like injecting pure heroin straight into your eyeball, and the euphoria lasted for about 3 months - with no comedown. There's really no viable substitute.

• Upvote 5

Not sure where to put this but what a sorry tale. Poor fella.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ex-everton-star-johnny-heitinga-9786800

Jeez! My heart bleeds, I did have a chuckle as this comment underneath though

" Oh noooo someone set up a gofundmepage.Let's all help him and his wife. Tears flowing down my cheeks as I write"

Oh noooo, someone please set up a gofundme page. Let's all help him and his wife. Tears flowing down my cheeks as I write.O
Oh noooo, someone please set up a gofundme page. Let's all help him and his wife. Tears flowing down my cheeks as I write.
Oh noooo, someone please set up a gofundme page. Let's all help him and his wife. Tears flowing down my cheeks as I write.

Arsenals ground even quieter than anfield usually is today....fans just rocking up expecting their team to win and sitting in silence for 90 mins.

Not helped at all by a kick off time that allows no real time for a drink before and as for the hull fans well those poor gets have to get up at stupid o'clock to get down to london for a 12pm ko...why can't the money men at least make the 12pm games ones where the away fans aren't travelling 200 miles

• Upvote 1

Arsenals ground even quieter than anfield usually is today....fans just rocking up expecting their team to win and sitting in silence for 90 mins.

Not helped at all by a kick off time that allows no real time for a drink before and as for the hull fans well those poor gets have to get up at stupid o'clock to get down to london for a 12pm ko...why can't the money men at least make the 12pm games ones where the away fans aren't travelling 200 miles

Television audience. All that matters in the morning.

Newcastle and Bournemouth was a lunchtime kick off a few years back. Scandalous really.

Fuckin Howard Marks over here.

There's not a drug on the market that can compete with, for example, Istanbul. It was like injecting pure heroin straight into your eyeball, and the euphoria lasted for about 3 months - with no comedown. There's really no viable substitute.

Yeah, pick the most extreme example in the last 15 years. I'll give you that one, but otherwise I guess I'm not as much of a superfan as you moofy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

David Ospina playing in goal for Arsenal tonight against Bayern Munich. What sort of club rotates their keeper for the Champions League? It's bad enough for domestic cups but doing it in such an elite competition is ridiculous.

Just play for your best 11 and give yourselves the best possible chance of progression. Arsenal aren't alone in this either - I know Barcelona rotated their keepers in 2015 and won the bloody thing but it's still a bizarre thing to do. How can a manager decide he's going to have one keeper for one competition and one for another?

• Upvote 1

David Ospina playing in goal for Arsenal tonight against Bayern Munich. What sort of club rotates their keeper for the Champions League? It's bad enough for domestic cups but doing it in such an elite competition is ridiculous.

Just play for your best 11 and give yourselves the best possible chance of progression. Arsenal aren't alone in this either - I know Barcelona rotated their keepers in 2015 and won the bloody thing but it's still a bizarre thing to do. How can a manager decide he's going to have one keeper for one competition and one for another?

Isn't that what Liverpool have been doing this season? I know we're out of all the Cups so it does back up your argument but it seems to be the 'done' thing at the moment.

Isn't that what Liverpool have been doing this season? I know we're out of all the Cups so it does back up your argument but it seems to be the 'done' thing at the moment.

Yep, we're just as guilty. Though this is the Champions League last 16, you can accept it if it's a game against a lower league team in the early rounds of the cup but not in such a big game.

Ospina will probably play a blinder tonight but it's seems such an arbitrary decision.