You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If the unthinkable happened and Rodgers was sacked.....

Bjornebye

Stop being obtuse. I'm sure you can understand the difference between talking about results and performances

Also why the fuck do people get so worked up by what he says after the game? Who can really give a flying fuck about that sort of thing?

An injury time equaliser against an Arsenal side that didn't turn up is in no way shape or form a better performance than smashing them out of sight last season, no matter which way you look at it.

If you want to believe it is then fair play.

But you're wrong.

• Upvote 2

An injury time equaliser against an Arsenal side that didn't turn up is in no way shape or form a better performance than smashing them out of sight last season, no matter which way you look at it.

If you want to believe it is then fair play.

But you're wrong.

You're right actually. On reflection that was a ridiculous thing to say. That 5-1 last season is one of the best attacking displays I've seen from any football team, never mind just us.

• Upvote 1

I think we should let these romantic visions of Sami coming in and turning us into the football equivalent of 300 Spartans go.

I love the guy but based on his time at Brighton he'd be more likely to turn us into the equivalent of Blyth Spartans.

• Upvote 2

• 2 years later...

Has anyone seen anything from Hypia to suggest he would make a good defensive coach?

I remember a few years ago reading a great book on coaching/performance coaching and quite often when a performer of a certain type coaches other performers of a certain type (for example a defender coaches other defenders) it's quite often the case that if the ones being coached are not doing it the way that the coach would do it then it is considered wrong. This can sometimes lead to performers going away from what they do best in order to do things the way someone else does things.

Very often when a performer of a different type or possibly even a different discipline altogether (perhaps a golf coach advising a tennis player) they can spot things that a tennis player wouldn't necessarily see.

Very interesting subject. Whether Hyypia is a good defensive coach I don't know but sometimes (not always) defenders don't make the best defensive coaches.

I remember a few years ago reading a great book on coaching/performance coaching and quite often when a performer of a certain type coaches other performers of a certain type (for example a defender coaches other defenders) it's quite often the case that if the ones being coached are not doing it the way that the coach would do it then it is considered wrong. This can sometimes lead to performers going away from what they do best in order to do things the way someone else does things.

Very often when a performer of a different type or possibly even a different discipline altogether (perhaps a golf coach advising a tennis player) they can spot things that a tennis player wouldn't necessarily see.

Very interesting subject. Whether Hyypia is a good defensive coach I don't know but sometimes (not always) defenders don't make the best defensive coaches.

This is why Rodgers coaches Football and not dentistry and tanning.

• Upvote 1