You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If the unthinkable happened and Rodgers was sacked.....

Bjornebye

"Any criticism that we receive now is justified. We are standing here like complete idiots and it's completely our own fault.

"We now have three weeks of preparation ahead of us. Then we will repair what we've done." 

Class from Klopp there, Rodgers could learn a thing or two about not being so arrogant.

• Upvote 2

Klopp just seen dortmund lose 2-1 for the 10th time in 17 bundesliga games. Clearly he hasnt 'stumbled on a system' yet to stop the rot.

Borussia Dortmund’s spectacular implosion continued when they lost 2-1 at struggling Werder Bremen on Saturday, their 10th defeat in 17 league games sending them into the winter break in 17th place, just a point off the bottom.

The talented teenager Davie Selke scored Werder’s first goal in the third minute and last season’s Bundesliga runners-up never recovered, their leaking defence and lack of attacking ideas proving costly.

Werder hit them on the break with Selke charging down the right wing past two Dortmund players to deliver a cross for Fin Bartels on the hour.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/20/borussia-dortmund-beaten-werder-bremen-bundesliga

Hes right about the foreign comment anyway, Sam sets up defensively against Chelsea last season and is criticised for playing stone age football when mourinho done the same at anfield last year he was praised as some kind of tactical genius.

Nonsense. Nobody in the press criticised Allardyce for his tactics against Chelsea. The stone age comment came from Mourinho himself.

Allardyce, like most British managers, gets a comparatively easy ride in the press. And that extends to Rodgers, who has received remarkably little criticism in the press over his time at Anfield, despite overwhelming evidence of complete inability to organise a defence. Which led to predictable failure in a relatively easy Champions League group...

• Upvote 5

It's not your job to know.

It is the job of the manager and scouts at the club.

And on that premise, you, me and everyone else on this forum is not in a position to state the club should have done this and that or did not have other transfer targets when the sanchez deal fell through.

Absence of evidence that the club didnt sign another player, is not evidence of the club not attempting to sign anyone else.

• Upvote 2

I watched that W. Bremen v Dortmund match. Klopp and the players, looked shellshocked. Reminded me a little bit of the Palace game last season. I don't think I've seen that look this season, not yet anyway. So maybe there's hope. Maybe a little bit of arrogance is a good thing.

Liverpool's American owners are considering possible replacements for under-fire boss Brendan Rodgers and are said to be weighing up the possibility of approaching United States national team coach Jurgen Klinsmann.(Caught Offside)(external)

deja vu

john-henry.jpg

"Don't worry, we didn't fire Brendan."

I watched that W. Bremen v Dortmund match. Klopp and the players, looked shellshocked. Reminded me a little bit of the Palace game last season. I don't think I've seen that look this season, not yet anyway. So maybe there's hope. Maybe a little bit of arrogance is a good thing.

Dortmund have the advantage of a winter break, extending into the transfer window, to recover.

Guest davelfc

Exactly what I and others have been saying, he seems to be managing our team based on what the latest pundit says, sort of how I would manage our team. Owen mentions leaving players up for opposition corners and lo and behold, the next game he does that and so on. Only even when he manages to get something right he then changes it again because another pundit said something else. 

That more and more people are spotting that is damming for Rodgers. It suggests he hasn't got a fucking clue what he's doing and is bluffing his way through. Please note I said 'it suggests' and time will tell how much of that is accurate. 

I really still cannot make my mind up on him, one moment I want him sacked and the next I remember last season and think it wasn't all Suarez. I'll repeat that I genuinely hope that those that have the tough decisions to make at our club make the right decision because no matter what I think, they're the ones with the first hand information.

Always found Alyson Rudd decent on the Times football podcast from a few years ago. I haven't watched Sunday Supplement for ages, assuming it was just retarded hacks. Do they often have normal humans on now then?

They usually have  retarded hacks rather than anyone decent. Must have been an off day for them.

Exactly what I and others have been saying, he seems to be managing our team based on what the latest pundit says, sort of how I would manage our team. Owen mentions leaving players up for opposition corners and lo and behold, the next game he does that and so on. Only even when he manages to get something right he then changes it again because another pundit said something else. 

That more and more people are spotting that is damming for Rodgers. It suggests he hasn't got a fucking clue what he's doing and is bluffing his way through. Please note I said 'it suggests' and time will tell how much of that is accurate. 

I really still cannot make my mind up on him, one moment I want him sacked and the next I remember last season and think it wasn't all Suarez. I'll repeat that I genuinely hope that those that have the tough decisions to make at our club make the right decision because no matter what I think, they're the ones with the first hand information.

One example was when Carragher comes out after the Palace game and tells him to move Gerrard out of that midfield role, play him further forward and bring in Lucas - frozen out at this point - who can at least play the DM role. Next game and that's exactly what he does. Then Carragher says Gerrard needs to be rested here and there and have him come off the bench with half an hour to go. Next two home games and Gerrard's on the bench and comes on after an hour.  

Because he's as inexperienced as he is and surrounding himself by yes man and flunkies he's winging it. He's more likely to listen to a pundit, or what the fucking media are saying, than anyone actually at the club. Rafa and Kenny were short with the media come rain or shine and treated them with contempt. If the media said zonal marking or rotation was a problem he didn't care what they said. Rodgers needs to have everyone saying what a genius he is and what a great job he's doing. He can't handle getting criticism instead of praise. That's why he was in full on sulk mode the other day.