Quantcast
If the unthinkable happened and Rodgers was sacked..... - Page 84 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

If the unthinkable happened and Rodgers was sacked.....

I don't agree with you on the defensive front. Every manager I've ever seen has been able to play shut up shop tactics at the expense of goals when needed it seems a very basic managerial skill. The skill is the balance which since rodgers has been here there hasn't been any. Even at our best teams were capable of walking right through the middle of us and defenders have hit panic buttons. We concede a lot. We have pretty much never looked good defensively until rodgers recently had very little choice but to go back to basics, the premier league has had plenty of managers over the years none of whom are highly regarded that could employ those tactics. Individuals and the team regressing well that's on rodgers head, expecting it or not, he's the coach their mindset and how they progress come under his job description, he's the manager.

Every manager at every level would love two top quality technical strikers, there's no doubt rodgers has been hit hard with the Sturridge injury, it's unlucky and its cost us. If most this season we had just looked toothless and I'd seen a team in there that's just missing it's edge id be far more laid back about it but the fact is almost every single game we've looked shite in every department, every single department. Last season we over achieved and that's made this season seem more drastic but overall we really have been bordering amateur.

Your probably right that we need a good DM I've been crying for one since mascherano left but rodgers so far hasn't seemed like a DM has been a need of his. If he is ever given money again he should buy a real goalkeeper, a DM though I thought that's what can was when we first bought him and strikers. Straight for the first team, the only question any comittee member should have is will this player be an improvement on the person he's replacing. No prospects I'm fucking sick of them. We can sign prospects when maybe the club looks like it has some prospects itself and when we employ scouts worth shit. I'd make it club law to never sign more than 4 players in one window, maybe even 3.

I am being harsh on rodgers, he's just feeling the frustrations of yet another false dawn. Regressing after a good season. Sick of it, sick of the clubs incompetence.

Good post and I agree with parts, I dont think he cant set up a team that can shut up shop because as you said most managers can, terrible keeping and defending can undo a lot of tactics aswell.We have been shite in every department but most of our players rely on having an outlet to release the ball to and we saw what a difference sterling made up front.

I feel the exact same pissed about the same shit happening where we regress as soon as we look like we are getting somewhere, I dont want to see another rebuilding period start though where we have years of transition just to try and get cl places.

There is a strong chance rodgers can get us back to playing like we did when we challenged next season imo as he should have the right players available and should have addressed weaknesses, even if it was only a 50/50 chance I would rather go with that then the start of another rebuilding stage.

In the grand scheme of things it's a long way down the charge sheet. But you don't have to be desperate to raise numerous concerns which are more important.

I know the wife of a widely experienced manager who worked with Brendan. She, and he, told me before the LFC appointment, that his philandering was divisive, allegations which of course may be untrue.

Now it may well be that his personal life is irrelevant, it may also be that he was trapped in an unhappy marriage. But when you go on national tv spouting forth to your team about how important trust in your family is, it is not unreasonable to question his moral credibility, and to point out that he has severed the security of a long standing relationship at a time when he needs all the wise counsel he can get, rather than credit card bills for Jimmy Choos.

Do you think Rodgers is a generous lover?

Do you think Rodgers is a generous lover?

He's keen as mustard but he's not used to the new teeth yet. I won't go into details. 

• Upvote 4

I don't think that any balanced view of Rodger's capabilities should be subject to the euphoria of any win, or the gloom of a defeat.

After Palace, Brendan showed a bounce back which pleased, and the same happened against Bournemouth. This is in sharp contrast with KK's final second half of the season when the trajectory continued south.

The January window will be pivotal. Will he be given money? If he is, will he at last spend wisely?

• Downvote 1

In the grand scheme of things it's a long way down the charge sheet. But you don't have to be desperate to raise numerous concerns which are more important.

I know the wife of a widely experienced manager who worked with Brendan. She, and he, told me before the LFC appointment, that his philandering was divisive, allegations which of course may be untrue.

So he blew her out then.  Like a boss.  (Literally in this case.)

Judging by today's press conference, Rodgers knows he's a dead man walking. He won't be given much, if any, money to spend in January.

Next summer he's gone.

Why what got said?

It was more what was not said. He usually loves to talk. He was as downbeat as they come, irritated, one word, one sentence answers. Completely dodged question on whether he'd have money to spend in January.

Looked like he'd just come fresh out of a bollocking from America.

• Upvote 1

It was more what was not said. He usually loves to talk. He was as downbeat as they come, irritated, one word, one sentence answers. Completely dodged question on whether he'd have money to spend in January.

Looked like he'd just come fresh out of a bollocking from America.

Seemed like- as always- he was focused on training and coaching his team.

pc lasted 270 seconds.

transcript is on echo website

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/full-transcript-brendan-rodgers-press-8316826

What's your reaction to Mario Balotelli's one-match ban?

BR: We accept the ban so that's fairly clear.

With Balotelli missing, does Raheem Sterling now represent your best attacking option?

BR: The kid has been fantastic wherever he's played this season. He was outstanding the other night. We'll see what's in the best interests of the team.

How close did you get to signing Alexis Sanchez and how much of a setback was it missing out on him?

BR: All I know is that he's a world class player. He was identified as someone who could come in and be perfect for us.

He's a brilliant player with outstanding quality and even bigger work rate.

We know he will be a threat.

How about in terms of the goalkeeping situation.....

BR: There's no change.

Will you have money to spend in January?

BR: It's not something I'm thinking about at the moment.

What would beating Arsenal do for your season?

BR: Internally, it will continue our spirit and our focus.

They are a top side with outstanding players.

For us it will good for confidence. But it will be a difficult game.

What's the latest with Dejan Lovren's groin injury?

BR: We're just waiting to hear on that. Hopefully he will be fine but we will assess that before the weekend.

Is it a sign of Sterling's growing maturity he was able to put what happened at Old Trafford behind him and perform so well at Bournemouth?

BR: I said before he's an outstanding talent who has been great for us.

It's been incredible the stick the kid has received with people trying to criticise him and put the focus on to him.

He's been outstanding for us and it was another great performance from him the other night in a difficult game.

Arsenal's form has fluctuated this season. But their pace on the break makes them well equipped to play away.....

They did okay at home last week as well winning 4-1 against Newcastle and they played really well.

They have outstanding players but we will look to focus on ourselves.

What will that goal do for Lazar Markovic?

BR: I thought it was a great finish. I thought he was excellent in a role where we asked different tactical elements from him.

His energy and quality was good and he was a real threat for us.

In terms of Mario, he said he's learned his lesson but have you seen him mature during his time here?

BR: That's for you to write. He's here as a football player and he's trying to become a better player.

Borini came on in the week, do you see him having a future here?

BR: All the players get the opportunity here and when they're asked (to play) we ask them to do their best.

A bit more than Kenny would have said but a great improvement nonetheless. His mouth has created problems for him - keep it zipped.

Hopefully he's just learnt. A lot of quotes have come back to bite him.

• Upvote 1