You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If the unthinkable happened and Rodgers was sacked.....

Bjornebye

I can see how maybe not all of the signings are his doing per se...

but surely if he's given them a lost of 20 players, and they end up choosing the bottom 5, or even if they've given him a list of 20 players and he chose 5... then he's still ultimate agreed to it?

After last season, his stock was at an all time high, so it seems (to my mind) very unlikely he wasn't able to be more insistent about some of the players. I can entirely believe that his buys have to be approved, and a consensus reached, but I can't believe any of these players have been 'thrust' upon him and he's just accepted it.

I can see how maybe not all of the signings are his doing per se...

but surely if he's given them a lost of 20 players, and they end up choosing the bottom 5, or even if they've given him a list of 20 players and he chose 5... then he's still ultimate agreed to it?

After last season, his stock was at an all time high, so it seems (to my mind) very unlikely he wasn't able to be more insistent about some of the players. I can entirely believe that his buys have to be approved, and a consensus reached, but I can't believe any of these players have been 'thrust' upon him and he's just accepted it.

neither do I.  

isn't he just hours away from Being sacked?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/rafa-benitez-close-napoli-sack-4821055

Rafa Benitez is close to the sack at Napoli, according to reports in Italy this morning.

Owner Aurelio De Laurentiis went into the team dressing room to criticise the players after Sunday night's 2-0 defeat to Milan.

After failing to qualify for the Champions League, Napoli are down in joint sixth place in Serie A.

Gazzetta dello Sport claims today that "the probabilities that Benitez will stay are close to zero".

Shit the bed.

Guest davelfc

You give the club far too much credit. They would and probably have the bunch of cretins.

You're right, Ayre would even suggest going to Carra's restaurant for any meeting. 

I want the comittee fucked off. Give rodgers an accountant say here's the funds to buy players and heres the wage bill, stay with in it, if you want to sell 5 player to create wages to pay one top class player then do so but its on your head. You fuck up and we kill you.

Stop fsg for Fucksake looking at every player with pound signs in your eyes this isn't fucking david dickinsons real deal, buy to improve the team not what that purchase will be worth in a few years you fucking mentalists. Improve the team forget about future value you can't run a club like a bastard second hand shop.

I hope not, but I know Stringvest will appreciate this post...

Luke Wade ‏@lwade21

Me mates just had his photo taken with Rafa on Old Hall Street. He couldn't say what he was doing, but winked. #LFC

B4-0rGXIYAEeeDn.jpg

Ricky Lambert been fucked off to work as a builder and all? 

Its gonna happen isn't it 

• Upvote 1

You give the club far too much credit. They would and probably have the bunch of cretins.

Maybe they just asked him to come over to put the shits up Rodgers for lulz.

"Yeah Rafa, you know, just stroll around town for 30 minutes, let yourself be seen.  £50k in your pocket and we'll fly you there and back in our plane, you'll be home for tea."

• Upvote 2

Maybe they just asked him to come over to put the shits up Rodgers for lulz.

"Yeah Rafa, you know, just stroll around town for 30 minutes, let yourself be seen.  £50k in your pocket and we'll fly you there and back in our plane, you'll be home for tea."

"I am home, John"

"Rafa, I think you've misunderstood..."

• Upvote 1

Its probably the wrong thread for this but seeing as its gone done this path:

Tuesday Dec 16  Posted by: Jordan Chamberlain  No Comments »
Rodgers-3.jpg Tony Evans rubbishes Collymore’s ‘Rodgers sack’ rumours, and explains why FSG will NEVER appoint Benitez

FSG have very poor opinion of Rafa Benitez…

Times journalist and well known Liverpool fan Tony Evans has explained during a Q & A session on SportLobster that he doesn’t believe FSG came close to sacking Brendan Rodgers a few weeks ago, as Stan Collymore had suggested.

Collymore argued that CEO Ian Ayre and a number of club legends had to persuade John W. Henry and co. out of firing the Northern Irishman…

Evans though totally rejects Collymore’s comments.

Here’s what he had to say:

Question: Tony do you know anything about collymores claims FSG have almost sacked Rodgers twice before
now? [sic] 

Answer: Everyone has different sources, Danny, but on this one I’d back mine. Rodgers has not been near being sacked. He has annoyed FSG a few times but never that badly that they had a P45 ready and needed to be talked out of it. 

According to Evans then, Collymore’s claims are rubbish.

Perhaps more interestingly, Evans thinks that if the club are in a position where they need to bring in a new manager in the summer, they will NOT offer our Champions League winning former boss Rafa Benitez a job…

This is because they were given a very negative report of the Spaniard by those still at the club when they bought Liverpool in October 2010 – only months after Benitez had left Anfield…

Question: Tone, any chance of FSG appointing Rafa next summer if this season is a complete failure? 

Answer: None, , Mo. I think FSG’s attitude to Benitez was poisoned when they first arrived by
those in place. Highly, highly unlikely [sic] 

Do fans trust the claims, and are we happy with them if they are true…?

twitt.gif

Guest davelfc

"Poisoned' being the right word, and look how it's gone for them. They listened to the fucking idiots that wanted to look after their own arses and not do what might have been the best for the club.

That's been our problem for a while, FSG consult with and listen to poisonous cunts. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

"Poisoned' being the right word, and look how it's gone for them. They listened to the fucking idiots that wanted to look after their own arses and not do what might have been the best for the club.

That's been our problem for a while, FSG consult with and listen to poisonous cunts. 

haha!  irony alert.

Guest davelfc

I'd stick with Rodgers for the forseeable future. I think he's earnt the right to figure this out.

For what it's worth, that's exactly what I think they'll do. A couple of wise buys in the transfer window and some potency up front, wether that be Sturridge or a purchased striker, might change things for the better.

It's best for everyone if he can get us out of this mess because having to start all over just creates a new mess.

Me, I'd be leaning towards sacking him. That's because I don't have to deal with those consequences, they do. Like others I just have to pay to watch the shit served up currently and I don't think he knows how to get us out of this, but there's always a chance.

I want the comittee fucked off. Give rodgers an accountant say here's the funds to buy players and heres the wage bill, stay with in it, if you want to sell 5 player to create wages to pay one top class player then do so but its on your head. You fuck up and we kill you.

Stop fsg for Fucksake looking at every player with pound signs in your eyes this isn't fucking david dickinsons real deal, buy to improve the team not what that purchase will be worth in a few years you fucking mentalists. Improve the team forget about future value you can't run a club like a bastard second hand shop.

Rodgers shouldnt be getting anymore transfer funds after his performances with the last lot and before. Even when they didnt have the transfer committee players like Borini and Allen have been bought.

• Upvote 1