You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If the unthinkable happened and Rodgers was sacked.....

Bjornebye

The problem with something happening mid-season is that it's very likely the actual candidate(s) we want to interview aren't available at that time. So you're not necessarily giving the new manager half a season to evaluate and stabilize but just hiring someone to make sure we don't go down, which I don't think anyone actually thinks we're in real danger of.

Fair point. But i stand by my statement that at that point adding in an FA cup exit that for me it's game over if that is where we are.

If City sack Pellegrini we should be all over that. Highly technical, entertaining style of play. Probably my No. 2 choice after Bielsa.

Yes to Pellegrini if both are sacked. He's the only person I can think of who I'd like to take over and who might actually come here.

Reckon Rodgers is easily the safer of the two though, more likely to survive finishing 7th than Pellegrini is finishing 2nd.

We won't get top 4 and I doubt we'll be in the top 7 or 8. Has anyone seen anything about us good enough to challenge top 4?

The craziest thing in all this is top 4 is still easily attainable. 5 points off 4th, 5 points from a truly shit Man Utd team, that is nothing, we go on a run as half as good as last season and I'd say we're near enough finishing 3rd.

It seems as though nobody wants to finish 3rd or 4th this year, apart from Chelsea and Southampton to a degree (I expect them to start tailing off soon) not one team has shown any sort of consistency. Which after the run we've been on is very very lucky for us.

I think people are forgetting how close we still are to fourth and instead are concentrating on how close we are to 17th.

If we had a decent GK and four top class defenders does anybody believe Rodgers could do anything with them based on his experience of how his teams have played during his time in management?

I personally feel his own ideas to get out of our current rut would be to buy another couple of strikers and try and outscore our opponents once more.

What they are concentrating on is how truly abysmally shit we have been.

Yea we've been shit, embarrassingly shit infact. Despite all that, like I've said 5 points is not a big gap at all. We beat Utd and they draw another game we are level that's how quickly things can change.

We need a spark soon though or things could get worse.

Doesn't seem to be much  hope of one coming from the players we see game in and game out. What about promoting someone from the reserves and throwing him out there. At least there would be some energy and passion, instead of the jaded stuff we're seeing.

Shake things up.

• Upvote 1

Yea we've been shit, embarrassingly shit infact. Despite all that, like I've said 5 points is not a big gap at all. We beat Utd and they draw another game we are level that's how quickly things can change.

Saw this type of talk coming a mile off, if, but, if, but, if, but etc...

Don't do it to yourself, we are worse than shit, finishing in the top 4 is pure fantasy, we will soon be 10+ points off it.

• Upvote 1

Sacking him its not that simple when the committee is runnin amok. 

FSG bring in rodgers, he wants williams, the committee overrules him and gets lovren.

They are both shit players so we need to clear out the whole top. They appointed Rodgers and they set up a transfer committee staffed with people who know more about hockey and reeses peanut cups than top level scouting. Even when we identify a upcomer worth the investment, they get away so they cant close a deal either. 

Either thats giving Rodgers full control and he lives and dies by his transfers or we get a committee staffed with proper football people who send in a factory line of top class for Rodgers to work with and he lives or dies by his coaching methods. Its one or the other, clear and accountable.

Don't do it to yourself, we are worse than shit, finishing in the top 4 is pure fantasy, we will soon be 10+ points off it.

Ha! Love the negativity you give off.

We are playing poor right now, there's no denying it. But look at newcastle. 5 straight wins and where are they?

They are 5th on goal difference and they started from a position below us.

Im not saying we will win the next 5 games. Im saying it could happen and if it did you'd just find some other topic to spill you sorry guts over.

I see the intelligentsia have arrived.

Thing is mate, there really is a forum for all the people who have been going on about how wonderful Rafa was and it was made specifically to stop threads like this one turning into arguments about previous managers. Y'know, like it was doing.

I don't have uncontrollable emotional reactions to much of anything other than pricks who think they're smartarses; however the same can't be said of many of my fellow posters. That's exactly why we have a specific forum for eulogising former managers, to stop it shitting this one up because many, many posters got sick of every single fucking thread going on about him.

It's not about the manager, it's about the site.

Oh and negged for being a twat.

It's all ifs and buts, "however!" It literally can change that quickly. We could well be 10 points behind but until that happens were still in with a shout.

We're not worse than shit, we're just playing worse than shit at the moment.

How can we be this bad from last season, it makes no sense from a footballing point of view, Suarez could not make that much difference on his own, it's impossible. No matter how good 1 player is its inconceivable that a team can go from being one of the best attacking, pacey and clinical teams into a slow, pandering and clueless in less than 6 months.

It's all ifs and buts, "however!" It literally can change that quickly. We could well be 10 points behind but until that happens were still in with a shout.

We're not worse than shit, we're just playing worse than shit at the moment.

How can we be this bad from last season, it makes no sense from a footballing point of view, Suarez could not make that much difference on his own, it's impossible. No matter how good 1 player is its inconceivable that a team can go from being one of the best attacking, pacey and clinical teams into a slow, pandering and clueless in less than 6 months.

Again, Occam's Razor.

Is the best spin Rodgers can put on this carcrash of a season that the committee ruled against him last year on Ashley Williams? We got Sakho instead and he's sulked with him ever since. He wanted Lovren though. Look at all the quotes about him from Rodgers. I know he's a prime bullshitter but he wanted to build bis defence around lovren this year and also as an excuse go bin sakho to spite the committee.

I notice he's not still crying about Henderson refusing to go to Fulham in exchange for Dempsey. Rodgers hasnt got a fucking clue over transfers.

• Upvote 4