You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If the unthinkable happened and Rodgers was sacked.....

Bjornebye

It was more what was not said. He usually loves to talk. He was as downbeat as they come, irritated, one word, one sentence answers. Completely dodged question on whether he'd have money to spend in January.

Looked like he'd just come fresh out of a bollocking from America.

Seemed like- as always- he was focused on training and coaching his team.

pc lasted 270 seconds.

transcript is on echo website

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/full-transcript-brendan-rodgers-press-8316826

What's your reaction to Mario Balotelli's one-match ban?

BR: We accept the ban so that's fairly clear.

With Balotelli missing, does Raheem Sterling now represent your best attacking option?

BR: The kid has been fantastic wherever he's played this season. He was outstanding the other night. We'll see what's in the best interests of the team.

How close did you get to signing Alexis Sanchez and how much of a setback was it missing out on him?

BR: All I know is that he's a world class player. He was identified as someone who could come in and be perfect for us.

He's a brilliant player with outstanding quality and even bigger work rate.

We know he will be a threat.

How about in terms of the goalkeeping situation.....

BR: There's no change.

Will you have money to spend in January?

BR: It's not something I'm thinking about at the moment.

What would beating Arsenal do for your season?

BR: Internally, it will continue our spirit and our focus.

They are a top side with outstanding players.

For us it will good for confidence. But it will be a difficult game.

What's the latest with Dejan Lovren's groin injury?

BR: We're just waiting to hear on that. Hopefully he will be fine but we will assess that before the weekend.

Is it a sign of Sterling's growing maturity he was able to put what happened at Old Trafford behind him and perform so well at Bournemouth?

BR: I said before he's an outstanding talent who has been great for us.

It's been incredible the stick the kid has received with people trying to criticise him and put the focus on to him.

He's been outstanding for us and it was another great performance from him the other night in a difficult game.

Arsenal's form has fluctuated this season. But their pace on the break makes them well equipped to play away.....

They did okay at home last week as well winning 4-1 against Newcastle and they played really well.

They have outstanding players but we will look to focus on ourselves.

What will that goal do for Lazar Markovic?

BR: I thought it was a great finish. I thought he was excellent in a role where we asked different tactical elements from him.

His energy and quality was good and he was a real threat for us.

In terms of Mario, he said he's learned his lesson but have you seen him mature during his time here?

BR: That's for you to write. He's here as a football player and he's trying to become a better player.

Borini came on in the week, do you see him having a future here?

BR: All the players get the opportunity here and when they're asked (to play) we ask them to do their best.

"I am a wee bit  focussed on flossing and brushing my teeth".

I was a wee bit concerned with trying to get round the back of the Molars, so i changed the dynamic of the brush, tweaked the angled of brushing, but technically it was magnificent and you have to remember its still a young brush, still developing.

• Upvote 2

Hopefully he's just learnt. A lot of quotes have come back to bite him.

@SamDrury11

Sounds like Rodgers' press briefing (off camera) was a lively one. Should be worth keeping an eye out for the papers later. #LFC 

That'l be a no then