You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If the unthinkable happened and Rodgers was sacked.....

Bjornebye

If we have a really good latter half of the season where we click in to gear and show the form of the 18 months prior to this season then he might very well keep his job. A trophy wouldn't hurt but more importantly he needs to show that he has a definitive idea of where he's taking the team and show that he's capable of getting us there.

Fuck know's why he's shown such a shift in the way we set up and play but we were the mental maverick bastards who nobody knew what to do about last season and I refuse to believe that one result against Chelsea and losing one player means we needed to change all that.

If we have a really good latter half of the season where we click in to gear and show the form of the 18 months prior to this season then he might very well keep his job. A trophy wouldn't hurt but more importantly he needs to show that he has a definitive idea of where he's taking the team and show that he's capable of getting us there.

Fuck know's why he's shown such a shift in the way we set up and play but we were the mental maverick bastards who nobody knew what to do about last season and I refuse to believe that one result against Chelsea and losing one player means we needed to change all that.

The league form will pick up when we're out of all the cups and Rodgers only has to worry about one game a week.

As bad as this season has been, Rodgers was only one point better off after 16 games in his first season here. It will improve but if we're already out of contention for 4th when it does then it's too little too late.

The Europa League is key. We need a good run in that and ideally win it.

Unless something drastic happens I'd give him until the end of the season. He has to show improvement in his defensive set up. a chimpanzee flinging shit at a white board would show more nouse on that front than rodgers has in 3 years. I don't want another fucking penny spent on defenders. Sign a top quality goalkeeper but don't keep throwing huge sums on defenders when it's the set up that's shittier than the shittiest of sticks. then again if rodgers can only play in one way and he needs everything perfect, world class talent upfront just to make it workable then what's the fucking point. We kept hearing about flexible team playing all different styles last season like we were listening to a fucking prophet gifting us with his knowledge and it turns out you can be shit in goal shit in defence and shit in midfield but if you have two top class strikers in the form of their lives what happens behind them can be flexible mediocre shite. Where's the clever bollocks now, now it's needed. Fuck it sack him.

No don't sack him but he needs show he actually has a clue what he's doing rather than taking random stabs in the dark and hoping something clicks. I think he could be a huge success or a spectacular failure at any club he's at. He'd be great inheriting a top quality team but I reckon shite at building his own. Fuck knows the man leaves me confused. I don't inwo if he's a shyster or genuinely good but having a bad patch.

• Upvote 4

Unless something drastic happens I'd give him until the end of the season. He has to show improvement in his defensive set up. a chimpanzee flinging shit at a white board would show more nouse on that front than rodgers has in 3 years. I don't want another fucking penny spent on defenders. Sign a top quality goalkeeper but don't keep throwing huge sums on defenders when it's the set up that's shittier than the shittiest of sticks. then again if rodgers can only play in one way and he needs everything perfect, world class talent upfront just to make it workable then what's the fucking point. We kept hearing about flexible team playing all different styles last season like we were listening to a fucking prophet gifting us with his knowledge and it turns out you can be shit in goal shit in defence and shit in midfield but if you have two top class strikers in the form of their lives what happens behind them can be flexible mediocre shite. Where's the clever bollocks now, now it's needed. Fuck it sack him.

No don't sack him but he needs show he actually has a clue what he's doing rather than taking random stabs in the dark and hoping something clicks. I think he could be a huge success or a spectacular failure at any club he's at. He'd be great inheriting a top quality team but I reckon shite at building his own. Fuck knows the man leaves me confused. I don't inwo if he's a shyster or genuinely good but having a bad patch.

100% how i'm feeling.

Rodgers team was based around two fast technical strikers last year, this year he has not had one in his team.

He has had to try and find a way for the team to be succesful without these key pieces but has struggled, the team and individuals have gone backwards which he wouldn't have been expecting considering they are young and should be improving.

Trying new things when things are not going well does not make him clueless, as for being clueless setting up a defence when we went defensive after palace we conceded 1 prem goal in three games which was an own goal.

It is more of a case of him not wanting to be defensive rather then him not being able to play this way, I agree with you that a new cb is not the main thing we need just a proper Gk and dm around them.

Rodgers team was based around two fast technical strikers last year, this year he has not had one in his team.

He has had to try and find a way for the team to be succesful without these key pieces but has struggled, the team and individuals have gone backwards which he wouldn't have been expecting considering they are young and should be improving.

Trying new things when things are not going well does not make him clueless, as for being clueless setting up a defence when we went defensive after palace we conceded 1 prem goal in three games which was an own goal.

It is more of a case of him not wanting to be defensive rather then him not being able to play this way, I agree with you that a new cb is not the main thing we need just a proper Gk and dm around them.

He should have fucking bought one then shouldn't he?

What you're actually saying is that he spent £110 odd million and didn't buy the type of player that his whole ethos hinges on.

• Upvote 5

I don't agree with you on the defensive front. Every manager I've ever seen has been able to play shut up shop tactics at the expense of goals when needed it seems a very basic managerial skill. The skill is the balance which since rodgers has been here there hasn't been any. Even at our best teams were capable of walking right through the middle of us and defenders have hit panic buttons. We concede a lot. We have pretty much never looked good defensively until rodgers recently had very little choice but to go back to basics, the premier league has had plenty of managers over the years none of whom are highly regarded that could employ those tactics. Individuals and the team regressing well that's on rodgers head, expecting it or not, he's the coach their mindset and how they progress come under his job description, he's the manager.

Every manager at every level would love two top quality technical strikers, there's no doubt rodgers has been hit hard with the Sturridge injury, it's unlucky and its cost us. If most this season we had just looked toothless and I'd seen a team in there that's just missing it's edge id be far more laid back about it but the fact is almost every single game we've looked shite in every department, every single department. Last season we over achieved and that's made this season seem more drastic but overall we really have been bordering amateur.

Your probably right that we need a good DM I've been crying for one since mascherano left but rodgers so far hasn't seemed like a DM has been a need of his. If he is ever given money again he should buy a real goalkeeper, a DM though I thought that's what can was when we first bought him and strikers. Straight for the first team, the only question any comittee member should have is will this player be an improvement on the person he's replacing. No prospects I'm fucking sick of them. We can sign prospects when maybe the club looks like it has some prospects itself and when we employ scouts worth shit. I'd make it club law to never sign more than 4 players in one window, maybe even 3.

I am being harsh on rodgers, he's just feeling the frustrations of yet another false dawn. Regressing after a good season. Sick of it, sick of the clubs incompetence.

He should have fucking bought one then shouldn't he?

What you're actually saying is that he spent £110 odd million and didn't buy the type of player that his whole ethos hinges on.

Your right and there is no defending that but maybe he thought he already had that with sturridge and he was looking at players like Remy whilst also signing origi who has pace.

People say we all knew about sturridges injuries etc but he is known for niggly ones not serious long term, even this season that has been the case just one after another.

The lack of a fast striker this year has shown how much of an issue it is as and we all realise that aswell as Rodgers who is playing sterling up front who is the closest we have got.Rodgers will address this and its a fact we wont be in that position next season because origi is signed, Rodgers will be able to play how he likes with no excuses.

I don't agree with you on the defensive front. Every manager I've ever seen has been able to play shut up shop tactics at the expense of goals when needed it seems a very basic managerial skill. The skill is the balance which since rodgers has been here there hasn't been any. Even at our best teams were capable of walking right through the middle of us and defenders have hit panic buttons. We concede a lot. We have pretty much never looked good defensively until rodgers recently had very little choice but to go back to basics, the premier league has had plenty of managers over the years none of whom are highly regarded that could employ those tactics. Individuals and the team regressing well that's on rodgers head, expecting it or not, he's the coach their mindset and how they progress come under his job description, he's the manager.

Every manager at every level would love two top quality technical strikers, there's no doubt rodgers has been hit hard with the Sturridge injury, it's unlucky and its cost us. If most this season we had just looked toothless and I'd seen a team in there that's just missing it's edge id be far more laid back about it but the fact is almost every single game we've looked shite in every department, every single department. Last season we over achieved and that's made this season seem more drastic but overall we really have been bordering amateur.

Your probably right that we need a good DM I've been crying for one since mascherano left but rodgers so far hasn't seemed like a DM has been a need of his. If he is ever given money again he should buy a real goalkeeper, a DM though I thought that's what can was when we first bought him and strikers. Straight for the first team, the only question any comittee member should have is will this player be an improvement on the person he's replacing. No prospects I'm fucking sick of them. We can sign prospects when maybe the club looks like it has some prospects itself and when we employ scouts worth shit. I'd make it club law to never sign more than 4 players in one window, maybe even 3.

I am being harsh on rodgers, he's just feeling the frustrations of yet another false dawn. Regressing after a good season. Sick of it, sick of the clubs incompetence.

Good post and I agree with parts, I dont think he cant set up a team that can shut up shop because as you said most managers can, terrible keeping and defending can undo a lot of tactics aswell.We have been shite in every department but most of our players rely on having an outlet to release the ball to and we saw what a difference sterling made up front.

I feel the exact same pissed about the same shit happening where we regress as soon as we look like we are getting somewhere, I dont want to see another rebuilding period start though where we have years of transition just to try and get cl places.

There is a strong chance rodgers can get us back to playing like we did when we challenged next season imo as he should have the right players available and should have addressed weaknesses, even if it was only a 50/50 chance I would rather go with that then the start of another rebuilding stage.

In the grand scheme of things it's a long way down the charge sheet. But you don't have to be desperate to raise numerous concerns which are more important.

I know the wife of a widely experienced manager who worked with Brendan. She, and he, told me before the LFC appointment, that his philandering was divisive, allegations which of course may be untrue.

Now it may well be that his personal life is irrelevant, it may also be that he was trapped in an unhappy marriage. But when you go on national tv spouting forth to your team about how important trust in your family is, it is not unreasonable to question his moral credibility, and to point out that he has severed the security of a long standing relationship at a time when he needs all the wise counsel he can get, rather than credit card bills for Jimmy Choos.

Do you think Rodgers is a generous lover?

I don't think that any balanced view of Rodger's capabilities should be subject to the euphoria of any win, or the gloom of a defeat.

After Palace, Brendan showed a bounce back which pleased, and the same happened against Bournemouth. This is in sharp contrast with KK's final second half of the season when the trajectory continued south.

The January window will be pivotal. Will he be given money? If he is, will he at last spend wisely?

• Downvote 1

In the grand scheme of things it's a long way down the charge sheet. But you don't have to be desperate to raise numerous concerns which are more important.

I know the wife of a widely experienced manager who worked with Brendan. She, and he, told me before the LFC appointment, that his philandering was divisive, allegations which of course may be untrue.

So he blew her out then.  Like a boss.  (Literally in this case.)