You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If the unthinkable happened and Rodgers was sacked.....

Bjornebye

Regardless of whether you go the game or not your opinion is valid.

Anyway, I like Rodgers. He isn't frightened of change. He has ideas and seems to have backup plans. He likes to attack.  He has his faults - but most do. I am sure he will learn.

Constantly swapping managers is bad. It's bad on many levels.

The media like to pile pressure on to a manager, because it makes a story. A story which they can then then sell papers from. I don't like it when we make it easy for the press. I'll back the manager.

Have patience. It's not easy. 

• Upvote 3

Guest davelfc

Regardless of whether you go the game or not your opinion is valid.

While I agree, those that travel many miles, pay silly ticket money and brave the elements do have a little more sympathy from me. Plus the lucky bastards at home can at least turn it off and go and spend £50 on beer.

yeah, what a cunt Rodgers is for not winning the league in his second season.  He can fuck right  off with trying to win that game against Chelsea and taking it to Palace to try and close the goal difference.

As for this season, yeah, what a cock he is for changing his formations to try and compensate for the loss of his strike force..when a player is not doing well/ pulling his weight (see a certain Italian striker), he puts on another in the wrong position to try and do better.  What a cock.

Sack the fucker - he's clearly useless and out of his depth - and let's replace him with Sohampton's manager or whoever else is doing better this season.

• Downvote 2

yeah, what a cunt Rodgers is for not winning the league in his second season.  He can fuck right  off with trying to win that game against Chelsea and taking it to Palace to try and close the goal difference.

As for this season, yeah, what a cock he is for changing his formations to try and compensate for the loss of his strike force..when a player is not doing well/ pulling his weight (see a certain Italian striker), he puts on another in the wrong position to try and do better.  What a cock.

Sack the fucker - he's clearly useless and out of his depth - and let's replace him with Sohampton's manager or whoever else is doing better this season.

Not saying that at all. What I am saying is you need achievements to inspire faith. Or Perhaps you would like Garry Monk appointing when Rodgers goes? Mancs made a terrible start under Van Gaal and still aren't playing well. But they can keep the faith for a little longer with one look at his CV.

On the strike force, Suarez leaving in July obviously meant he needed to wait until the last minute to buy the Italian striker, as no one else was available.

Guest davelfc

Nobody is saying he's a cunt, far from it. Most believe he's a decent man that has found himself out of his depth. Some of it his own making. It's the belief that he hasn't got a clue how to get us out of this that makes me want a change. 

Now fuck off back to rawk like I asked

• Upvote 1

Sack Dalglish - he's clearly useless and out of his depth - and lets replace him with Swansea's manager or whoever else is doing better this season.

• Upvote 1

I actually believe he wanted to play his beloved 4-3-3 with Suarez gone and the front 3 this season would be Lallana- Sturridge-Sterling with Rickie, Balo, and Markovic as back-up...sounds very sensible on paper, but obviously it never factored in Sturridge's long term injury...having Origi here this season as a natural replacement may have helped with keeping the shape at least...

what I don't get , is that this might all come good in 2nd half of the season once Sturridge is back, but some fans are too short-sighted, fickle, unconnected to let that happen. 

For those that are, kindly fuck off and support another football club...City are doing well these days.

• Downvote 3

I actually believe he wanted to play his beloved 4-3-3 with Suarez gone and the front 3 this season would be Lallana- Sturridge-Sterling with Rickie, Balo, and Markovic as back-up...sounds very sensible on paper, but obviously it never factored in Sturridge's long term injury...having Origi here this season as a natural replacement may have helped with keeping the shape at least...

what I don't get , is that this might all come good in 2nd half of the season once Sturridge is back, but some fans are too short-sighted, fickle, unconnected to let that happen. 

For those that are, kindly fuck off and support another football club...City are doing well these days.

£40m as back up christ.

Guest davelfc

What if Sturridge doesn't come back? Why is he so limited that he cannot adapt our play without him, I thought he was a master tactician? 

Sturridge is going to come back, win us the league and cure cancer. 

His team selections appear to be drawn from a hat, he subs players that are often the best players on the pitch. he changes tactics to suit what the latest pundit is saying. Sort of how I'd run the team and I haven't got a fucking clue either. 

Who are you telling to fuck off.

What. Because people dont follow your opinion on the manager they are'nt real fans, what fucking world are you living in.

Your entitled to you opinion, but leave out the "fickle fans " shite because it dosent tally with your view

• Upvote 2

I actually believe he wanted to play his beloved 4-3-3 with Suarez gone and the front 3 this season would be Lallana- Sturridge-Sterling with Rickie, Balo, and Markovic as back-up...sounds very sensible on paper, but obviously it never factored in Sturridge's long term injury...having Origi here this season as a natural replacement may have helped with keeping the shape at least...

As soon as you started your superfan 'fuck off and support another football club' bollocks you undid any reasonable points you may have made.
  • Upvote 2

ours - loyalty to a manager who nearly won you the league out of nothing 7 months ago is not a bad thing you know

It wasn't out of nothing, it was with the fifth highest wage bill in the PL, the ninth highest in world football and one of the worlds best strikers.

Brendan did it last season, all credit to him. The problem is that the skills that succeeded for him last season are different from those that he needs now, not least in team building and in the transfer market.

I actually believe he wanted to play his beloved 4-3-3 with Suarez gone and the front 3 this season would be Lallana- Sturridge-Sterling with Rickie, Balo, and Markovic as back-up...sounds very sensible on paper, but obviously it never factored in Sturridge's long term injury...having Origi here this season as a natural replacement may have helped with keeping the shape at least...

As bad a post as I've ever seen on here.

the skills that he needs show are the ones he demonstrated in his two seasons ..to develop a team of largely mediocre players into something they are not.

Of course it has not helped that he has also bought mediocre players and so the cycle continues...the burning question is that whether they are his players...would Ashley Williams not have been better than Sakho and Lovren?

Apologies for the fickle fans shit ...of course anyone is entitled to their opinion....

• Upvote 2

the skills that he needs show are the ones he demonstrated in his two seasons ..to develop a team of largely mediocre players into something they are not.

Of course it has not helped that he has also bought mediocre players and so the cycle continues...the burning question is that whether they are his players...would Ashley Williams not have been better than Sakho and Lovren?

Apologies for the fickle fans shit ...of course anyone is entitled to their opinion....

Repped for the apology. Fair play

How the fuck does Origi, a 19 year old lad who scores 1 in 6, qualify as a 'natural replacement' for Sturridge?  Sturridge scored over three times as many goals last season as Origi has in his fucking career.  Shit son, it's not Football Manager.

If he's hung up on 4-3-3 Borini would actually fit into the forward three you mentioned far better than Lambert because although he's not a huge goal threat he does bring much more movement than Lambert - he could have played that line-up in any recent game but won't even bench the lad, presumably to force him out - understandable if he was another manager's player but Rodgers fucking signed him! For £10m!

Also why the fuck change back to 4-3-3 after least season when he had so much success without it.  If it's his 'philosophy' great, pleased for him.  My philosophy as a Liverpool fan is winning cups and titles, so if he doesn't have the players he wants to play his beautiful, philosophical 4-3-3 football I'd much rather he did what he did last season - find something else that works.  We're one of the most storied clubs in the history of English football, not some two-bob outfit here to indulge a managerial purist's ideal of how the game should be played.

Oh and I'm glad to know Sturridge will be fit in January and not in any way have a repeat of the injuries he's picked up in increasingly innoccuous ways.  Where do you park your Delorean?

• Upvote 12

I think Klopp would come here no problem

If I thought there were a chance of that happening then I would be livid at FSG if they didn't pull the trigger.

He's having a horrific year this season (some bad decisions, some injuries and some atrocious luck on the pitch) but he is a brilliant man and a brilliant manager.  If we replaced Rodgers with Klopp I would instantly feel absolutely miles better about the future of the club.  The trouble is that I don't think you're right; I think Klopp will end up at Arsenal and we will be kicking ourselves.