You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If the unthinkable happened and Rodgers was sacked.....

Bjornebye

Exactly that. If I accepted mediocrity like that from my staff and told my boss and peers (press ain't that arsed about me like) that I was delighted at being average and in many cases worse than average I'd expect to be held accountable pretty quick.

It's rubbing off on the players. Henderson and Lambert were proud as punch last night in the interview to come away from formidable Ludogorets with a draw.

The whole club is being dumbed down in quality. From Rodgers bunch of no mark staff to trying to get his Swansea team signed up and the committee hardly doing a better job of earmarking players. You'd think we were Aston Villa.  

Anyone who comes out with this after a 2-0 away defeat to Sunderland is obviously insane:

“It is great for the public here at Sunderland to see us,” said manager Brendan Rodgers. “They must have been wondering what this team everyone is talking about are all about and now they have seen. We were wonderful.

I think he's going out of his way to back the players because he fears losing them if he doesn't. In reality he's probably lost them already. We're playing like a team with no confidence in the manager and his lower league calibre staff.

He did follow it up with this though

I suppose when you pay that kind of money for Sessegnon and Gardner, £7m and £5m, they will come up with those moments of real quality.

Wait.  I'm not helping, am I?

• Upvote 1

I think he's going out of his way to back the players because he fears losing them if he doesn't. In reality he's probably lost them already. We're playing like a team with no confidence in the manager and his lower league calibre staff.

Don't think we're quite all the way there yet. Losing to Stoke, in whatever way it might happen, would just about convince me.

The benchmark for me was Spurs away last season. As good as we were they didn't put up much of a fight at all, and Villas-Boas was sacked right after. We look pretty empty, though, and Stoke is the last kind of team we need to be playing right now.

Don't think we're quite all the way there yet. Losing to Stoke, in whatever way it might happen, would just about convince me.

The benchmark for me was Spurs away last season. As good as we were they didn't put up much of a fight at all, and Villas-Boas was sacked right after. We look pretty empty, though, and Stoke is the last kind of team we need to be playing right now.

Same with United at Everton last season, that was Moyes last game and you could tell the players had no interest in throwing him a lifeline.

He did follow it up with this though

I suppose when you pay that kind of money for Sessegnon and Gardner, £7m and £5m, they will come up with those moments of real quality.

Wait.  I'm not helping, am I?

To be fair he probably wanted to sign Craig Gardner and the committee gave him Emre Can. That's why we're shit.

I think his positivity in his post match interviews are aimply trying to convince himself.

Any manager who cannot set up a team to shut out a game,even the owl can do this occasionally,is going to struggle at the top of the game. Trying to outfox Mourinho,Ancelotti et al by having a keystone kops defence is never going to work.

In my opinion Rodgers is a very good number two(take that however you want) but I am not sure he is cut out for the extra burden of managing rather than the coaching side.

This should change with experience but I'd rather our club wasnt a management training agency and more of a finishing school.

• Upvote 1

Let's pick apart everything he's said in the past and everything he says/does in future.

His favourite song is Berlin's Take My Breath Away.

My post was just a bit of fun by the way, he wasn't even managing us when he said that.  The other comment about Sunderland is a bit of a jawdropper regardless of who he was managing though, I mean they'd just been turned over 2-0 but the tone of it is like they'd had the courtesy to bestow a royal visit on the frozen north and beam a little light and joy into their lives.  It amused me to the point where I'd love to believe he was trolling the reporter, but I don't. 

Still if I started typing a list of all the stupid things I've said over the last 43 years, I'm pretty sure I'd still be here doing it on Monday and I imagine it's the same for most of us.  Probably a good job I'm not in a job with a high public profile where I'm regularly expected to talk to the media.

Rodgers and the team are the laughing stock of the Premier League right now, that really is some feat considering where we we're just a few short months ago.

It's embarrassing, down the pub i can't defend it when people ask whats going on or take the piss, the other week i had a Southampton fan taking some pity on me, haha!

• Upvote 1

Rodgers and the team are the laughing stock of the Premier League right now, that really is some feat considering where we we're just a few short months ago.

It's embarrassing, down the pub i can't defend it when people ask whats going on or take the piss, the other week i had a Southampton fan taking some pity on me, haha!

Ah better off just not worrying about it. We're all having to put up with piss taking these days. But that's life. And theres worse things to worry about. 

I'm really fucked off with the way things have panned out this season but at the end of the day what else can we do but hope its get better, and bitch and moan to get all the frustration out. 

Yet we all spend far too much time on an internet forum devoted to it!

Definitely a true point, I think forums really though are places to vent more than anything else. Its why theres always much more activity when a team loses than when it wins.

When a team wins all their fans are too happy to bother complaining. 

Yet we all spend far too much time on an internet forum devoted to it!

I come on here as it's a relatively enjoyable way of killing time, be that during the day or when travelling from a to b (I'm a non-driver) . Sure, there are times when I could and probably should do something a bit more productive, but I'm not always in the mood.

I come on here as it's a relatively enjoyable way of killing time, be that during the day or when travelling from a to b (I'm a non-driver) . Sure, there are times when I could and probably should do something a bit more productive, but I'm not always in the mood.

You dont have to justify it mate,I was just being sarcastic at the irony of it all and I am just as bad if not worse than you.