You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If the unthinkable happened and Rodgers was sacked.....

Bjornebye

Himself:

"More like it. Wonderful character tonight. We really needed a team that was together and we got that. The characterisation of the team was really on show. Great effort tonight from the players. We were outstanding.

We spoke before the game about this being the night to change our season. We showed wonderful resilience, kept our focus in the game and scored two good goals.

I picked players who I know what they're capable of. In time the new players will adapt to how we work but we've set a standard here - and we were very good tonight.

Overall the performance was very, very pleasing."

Sublime, boss.

Himself:

Sublime, boss.

He's in Denial.

Got the dreaded "League game after champions league away game" next and it happens to be Stoke....... And we cant defend set pieces.

Might go and find some painting to do in the house......

Himself:

Sublime, boss.

Manager reaction

Ludogorets 2-2 Liverpool

Posted at

22:04

More from Brendan Rodgers: "We showed wonderful resilience and scored two good goals.

"I picked players I know what they are capable of. In time the new players will adapt to how we work. This is a real confidence boost for us, because Ludogorets are a really difficult team to play against."

I dont have access to the MF. I buy the mags.

And I think its a funny old world where when you stick to the club, team and manager through thick and thin, you're now seen as some sort of 'superfan' by some hysterical fannies who cant take the rough with the smooth.

Its fine if you and other get your kicks by just supporting the team when its winning and winning well. If sticking by the boys even when we're shit makes me some kind of 'superfan' to you and others then, guilty as charged.

There's a world of difference between 'sticking with the boys' and a refusal to acknowledge that the team isn't playing well.  You could just as easily say that any fan who doesn't understand the imperative of winning isn't steeped in the history of the club.

Both are extreme viewpoints as far as I'm concerned by the way.  They're just lazy ways of attacking someone whose views we don't share.

Praise when it is earned, criticise when it is earned and above all, be fair and apply constant standards - in my opinion at least, that's what being a decent supporter means.

• Upvote 4

There's no point getting rid of Rodgers before the summer as top managers will not be availble.

Reevaluate the situation in the summer, if Rodgers somehow gets top four he should stay, if we finish outside of Europe and could get a manager like ancellotti or rafa then yes Rodgers should go.

Rodgers is still a very good manager who is young and learning, unless we were to replace him with a world class proven manager we should not be in a rush to sack him.

Worst case we finish outside of Europe he has shown he can work well in those circumstances, he would also have had enough time and a fair chance giving him no excuses.

There's a world of difference between 'sticking with the boys' and a refusal to acknowledge that the team isn't playing well.  You could just as easily say that any fan who doesn't understand the imperative of winning isn't steeped in the history of the club.

Both are extreme viewpoints as far as I'm concerned by the way.  They're just lazy ways of attacking someone whose views we don't share.

Praise when it is earned, criticise when it is earned and above all, be fair and apply constant standards - in my opinion at least, that's what being a decent supporter means.

Yeah and if people took the time to read posts, they'd know I've been critical of what's going on. Only I havent become a hysterical fanny about it. But that gets you a label of being a 'superfan' nowadays.

Different people show their frustration in different ways. Do people really think I like rocking up at Anfield this season to see what we have this season so far? Really?

Do I fuck. What I do know is getting on players backs, even seasoned pro's makes then shit the bed. Ive seen barnes, hamann and a few others treat the ball like a hot fucking potato when the crowd gets on their back.

Yes, we've got some under performing players. Yes, the results have been shit and yes, everyone needs to pull their finger out. To me, that includes fans. Its great going into work on a monday after we've blown arse away 4-0 or the mancs in their own gaff.

Im not going to call for rodgers head. Never have with any Liverpool manager and aint going to start now. If he cant turn it around, the owners will sack him. I dont agree with every decision he makes (and he's making some questionable ones right now) but Im not going to pretend I know more about professional football than he does.

If others want to, that's up to them. Where I think he, the players or the club has made errors, I'll say so but as I said, Im not going to be hysterical about it.

If others want to make out Im some sort of 'superfan' for that, that's up to them. Its no smell off my farts.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

They should back him in the window but I've got a feeling they'll be thinking, 'well if he goes, we'll have to back the new boss, so we'll hold off'

All the while the Redsox are signing one player for $100m and another for $90m

Signings in baseball are different. They are not paying them sums as fees but salary. They are also long term deals that normally have a break clause in them. Its a bit different than shelling out 30ml plus on a Gotze or Reus then giving them a 5 year deal on over 200k week

Yeah and if people took the time to read posts, they'd know I've been critical of what's going on. Only I havent become a hysterical fanny about it. But that gets you a label of being a 'superfan' nowadays.

Different people show their frustration in different ways. Do people really think I like rocking up at Anfield this season to see what we have this season so far? Really?

Do I fuck. What I do know is getting on players backs, even seasoned pro's makes then shit the bed. Ive seen barnes, hamann and a few others treat the ball like a hot fucking potato when the crowd gets on their back.

Yes, we've got some under performing players. Yes, the results have been shit and yes, everyone needs to pull their finger out. To me, that includes fans. Its great going into work on a monday after we've blown arse away 4-0 or the mancs in their own gaff.

Im not going to call for rodgers head. Never have with any Liverpool manager and aint going to start now. If he cant turn it around, the owners will sack him. I dont agree with every decision he makes (and he's making some questionable ones right now) but Im not going to pretend I know more about professional football than he does.

If others want to, that's up to them. Where I think he, the players or the club has made errors, I'll say so but as I said, Im not going to be hysterical about it.

If others want to make out Im some sort of 'superfan' for that, that's up to them. Its no smell off my farts.

Even Hodgson?  You're a better man than me then, I would have crawled to Liverpool down the East Lancs with broken glass strewn along its entire length to see him gone.

Other than that, fair comment.

I think Ratcatcher is an FSG stooge. ( not just coz he decided to put me on ignore coz I don't love capatalists but well, because, just check him out). Our team is a bit shit,unable to stop a Bulagarian team from scoring in the last couple of minutes, it's kind of unforgivable. They weren't Barcelona or Real Madrid needing a win. I'm pleased for Lambert again, but fucking hell!

• Upvote 1

It's bad enough having to watch the turgid shite we have been served up this season after the speedball like highs of last season, and to suffer the total eye-aids of having to watch us lurch through a pathetic damp squib of a CL campaign, after we are finally back in the competition after 5 long barren years, having just missed out on our first title in 24 fucking years, and then to watch a promising young manager self immoliate in a cocktail of hot air and tranny perfume is almost heartbreaking. I don't know about anyone else, but I come on here as a grown man to talk/discuss/argue the point with other similair grown men/women/whoever in hopes of finding some resolution to the joy/pain I feel after one of our results.

What I don't come on here for, and I'm sure my view is shared by many other posters at TLW, is to have superfan curtain twitchers like Twatcatcher telling us we aren't real supporters if we dare to express our complete and utter frustration at the car-wreck of a season we are witnessing. Twatcatcher, you are a total quim. Your avatar boat is shit. Your posts are shit. Put me on ignore and stop bleating because I called you on your superfan shite. If there is any more confusion in your mind, TK can do a poll and we can vote as to who thinks you are a superfan and who doesn't. I think you may be surprised by the result. In the meantime do fuckoff and have a wonderful evening. 

• Upvote 10

I was puzzled by the moreno sub. I would have liked to see lallana given the nod.

Lucas shored up the defence even if toure tried to undo the hard work. Overall, Id say he had a good game though despite the heart stopping moments. mignolet didnt have any issues apart from that first goal. Any keeper can throw one like that but its just not doing his reputation any good.

Pleased lambert got another goal was unlucky not to get a second. That one on one with the keeper by sterling was a massive moment.

Can we do basle 2-0? Have my doubts but you got to hope.

Moreno is an attaking full back. Made sense to me. Assuming the guy can defend.

The squad is lacking massively in confidence. Time and again we worked the ball easily to the final third, only to be too afraid to try an attacking option, and tiki-tak the ball all the way back to Mignolet. I am so fucking sick of it, and I get to watch pretty cheap footy. God help those shelling out for Anfield seats, or worse ....on the road, to away games.

A lack of confidence destroys creativity. We had that in spades last season.

It's up to Rodgers to get them playing and he's failing miserably.

Reading his post match comments he's fucking deluded. If (not even a big if) we keep conceding goals like we are, and carry on attacking in the same uncoordinated, toothless way, theirs only one place we're heading for.

I've said a couple of times I just can't see where any lift is going to come from. We look like we will just keep sinking like a stone. The fact that he must be blindfolded when he watches us every game doesn't help, he has fucking surpassed Hodgeson with some of the 'famous victory' shouts he used to come out with.

I could understand if he just didn't want to destroy what little confidence the team must have but even they must wonder what the fuck he is on about with his post match comments, deluded he is.

• Upvote 2