You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If the unthinkable happened and Rodgers was sacked.....

Bjornebye

Serious question mate, what do you expect people to do? Put Hare Krishna robes on and dance round in a circle clapping because we're so fucking happy?

You're talking like we've just lost a couple of unlucky matches three weeks into the season by a freak goal and people have started calling for him to be hung from the Liver Building where he can be mocked by the passing crowds.

If that was the case I'd agree with you but it's the 26th November and we're not only not improving, we're getting worse. Last weekend Palace drilled us, flipped us over and went in for seconds and unlike last season, they didn't even have the courtesy to give us a reach-round.

If we happen to beat the mighty Bulgarians tonight I will be overjoyed but it's not going to have any substantial impact on my views of the season so far because last night City won against Bayern and Chelsea gave Shalke the most almighty pounding.  Last season we lost the title by two points to one of those teams and finished two points above the other, yet just six months later and with a third of the season gone we find ourselves in 12th, 10 points and 9 places below one of those teams and 18 points below the other who are running away with the title.  This despite spending more money in a single transfer window than I can remember and losing one single player who most of us would have considered to be critical to the first team.

Your own ratings confim that we've been basically dogshit.  Who's fault is it if not Rodgers'?  Did it 'just happen' like an act of God or something, because honestly that's a cop-out.  Things don't 'just happen' there are reasons and the main reason I can see for why we are where we are right now is a complete failure from the manager to address what are blatantly obvious shortcomings in the most basic aspects of our play.

You don't need to have replaced your world-beating striker to get the basics of defensive play right.  It's not about players it's about coaching.  I've see him say he's struggling to adapt to not having a full week with the players, a comment that Hodgson and R*f* would have been absolutely fucking crucified for, yet I'm not supposed to feel any alarm when the manager essentially says he's struggling to teach professional footballers how to defend because we're in Europe?

Did you read those comments on Gerrard yesterday?  The ones where he tells us Gerrard can be great in a defensive midfield role, but he is still adapting to it (!) despite the fact that anybody can see Gerrard can't play the role in this side, with these players and that maybe, just maybe the solution might be to play an actual defensive midfielder there?

This is what is terrifying me right now.  It's not the fact of a bit of a blip, it's the fact that he not only doesn't seem to have a clue how to go about dealing with it and just keeps putting the same kind of side out over and over again in the hope that divine intervention is going to fix things, he doesn't even seem to be able to identify the problems despite the fact that they are abundantly clear.

Calling a manager stubborn when he's played Balotelli on his own up top for as many games as Brendan has, in the face of every available scrap of evidence suggesting that he might as well get a tailors's dummy on castors and have someone drag it around the pitch with a rope for all the good it's going to do us isn't having a go at him, it's making a perfectly acceptable, legitimate and accurate observation.

As for arrogance, what else do you call it when someone persists with their idea despite plenty of evidence that it just isn't working?  Naivety?  A lack of competence?  Are they better than arrogance somehow?

It really fucks me off when people start suggesting it's out of order to criticise the manager in situations like this, especially when backed up with the nonsensical argument of 'oh you weren't criticising him when we were 2 points off the title'.  No of course I fucking wasn't and if we were still performing at that level I wouldn't be criticising him now either but fuck me, at what point does responsibility kick in here?

If I make a cataclysmic fuck-up at work and try to justify it to my boss by saying 'wow get off my back, I was great six months ago' I'd expect him to laugh in my face.  This season so far is a cataclysmic fuck up.  I hope Rodgers can turn it round but I'm fucked if I'm going to sit here doing a Comical Ali whilst the team seems to be falling apart just to fit in with what seems to be some superfan bullshit.

Managers take the plaudits when their teams play well and I've given Brendan plenty of those.  They also take the shit when they don't.

Tailors dummy....castors.... stubborn....

Excellence.

And i just made you all scroll right down here to read my thoughts.......

I don't trust him with another transfer window. Every summer window he's cocked up massively and that's what is coming back to haunt now.

This group is shite and should have been a bye into the next round. Embarrassing that we're even struggling. Real rest most of their team tonight too and how can we complain after Rodgers threw the game against them when it mattered.

Three fucking seasons under Rodgers and the team cannot defend for a laugh. You don't have to be a football genius to make a team defend adequately. I'm not saying to pull a Sacchi, Rafa or Mourinho defensive display.

I'm speaking about basic stuff. The defending is absolutely shocking. They have spent £60m+ on defenders and a new Goalkeeper, they had all the time and patience in the world and the defence is still a mess. Regardless to the competition, or the opposition, we concede for a laugh 2-3 goals every game. Unacceptable stuff.

Last season the defence costed us the first Premier League title in 22+ years. Eventually, It will cost Rodgers his job.

• Upvote 1

We didn't officially lose, but I have officially seen enough. The lack of subs tonight, while the opposition manager made full use of his was shocking. Actually, no scratch that, shocking is replacing Sterling to end the game with 2 left-backs on the pitch, one of whom is a right cunt when it comes to "defending". 

We didn't officially lose, but have officially seen enough. The lack of subs tonight, while the opposition manager made full use of his was shocking. Actually, no scratch that, shocking is replacing Sterling to end the game with 2 left-backs on the pitch, one of whom is a right cunt when it comes to "defending". 

Not a fan of rodgers then?

Oh excuse me while I get so fucking bothered that some douch nozzle dick weed called Ratcatcher didn't see my posts on the MF supporting Rodgers. Oh I'm sorry, perhaps I can buy you a fucking membership so you can peruse them with all the tender loving care that you reserve for your rodent friends. 

• Upvote 1

Oh excuse me while I get so fucking bothered that some douch nozzle dick weed called Ratcatcher didn't see my posts on the MF supporting Rodgers. Oh I'm sorry, perhaps I can buy you a fucking membership so you can peruse them with all the tender loving care that you reserve for your rodent friends. 

I dont have access to the MF. I buy the mags.

And I think its a funny old world where when you stick to the club, team and manager through thick and thin, you're now seen as some sort of 'superfan' by some hysterical fannies who cant take the rough with the smooth.

Its fine if you and other get your kicks by just supporting the team when its winning and winning well. If sticking by the boys even when we're shit makes me some kind of 'superfan' to you and others then, guilty as charged.

It was a really heavy pitch so more subs may have been beneficial but there's no guarantee we would have won the game had we used them.  The eleven who started had done well to get into a winning position with 10 mins to go. Bringing Moreno on ahead of Johnson was an odd time to experiment but regardless of that and Sterling coming off we need to defend set-pieces better.  If we don't stuff like this will just keep on happening.

It's a chronic situation, though, and the pressure is higher because of a far weaker attack this season. We just can't defend very well as a unit and Mignolet is the original bag of nerves.  I foresee more pain because the games are coming so quickly.  

Horrible season for Rodgers.  If he comes through this he'll be stronger for it but it's a massive if.  In my view he deserves the benefit of the doubt because of last season and the possibility that he's sometimes stitched up by the transfer committee.  I'd give him free reign to sign whoever he wants in January and back him properly, but I very much doubt that will happen.   What happens between now and Christmas could decide his fate.  

It was a really heavy pitch so more subs may have been beneficial but there's no guarantee we would have won the game had we used them.  The eleven who started had done well to get into a winning position with 10 mins to go. Bringing Moreno on ahead of Johnson was an odd time to experiment but regardless of that and Sterling coming off we need to defend set-pieces better.  If we don't stuff like this will just keep on happening.

It's a chronic situation, though, and the pressure is higher because of a far weaker attack this season. We just can't defend very well as a unit and Mignolet is the original bag of nerves.  I foresee more pain because the games are coming so quickly.  

Horrible season for Rodgers.  If he comes through this he'll be stronger for it but it's a massive if.  In my view he deserves the benefit of the doubt because of last season and the possibility that he's sometimes stitched up by the transfer committee.  I'd give him free reign to sign whoever he wants in January and back him properly, but I very much doubt that will happen.   What happens between now and Christmas could decide his fate.  

I was puzzled by the moreno sub. I would have liked to see lallana given the nod.

Lucas shored up the defence even if toure tried to undo the hard work. Overall, Id say he had a good game though despite the heart stopping moments. mignolet didnt have any issues apart from that first goal. Any keeper can throw one like that but its just not doing his reputation any good.

Pleased lambert got another goal was unlucky not to get a second. That one on one with the keeper by sterling was a massive moment.

Can we do basle 2-0? Have my doubts but you got to hope.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not a chance, il be surprised if the owners sanction much business at all.

Horrible season for Rodgers.  If he comes through this he'll be stronger for it but it's a massive if.  In my view he deserves the benefit of the doubt because of last season and the possibility that he's sometimes stitched up by the transfer committee.  I'd give him free reign to sign whoever he wants in January and back him properly, but I very much doubt that will happen.   What happens between now and Christmas could decide his fate

Not a chance, il be surprised if the owners sanction much business at all.

thanks for quoting that TK lad, have him blocked and good to know he's still retarded or on some heavy glue

I was puzzled by the moreno sub. I would have liked to see lallana given the nod.

Lucas shored up the defence even if toure tried to undo the hard work. Overall, Id say he had a good game though despite the heart stopping moments. mignolet didnt have any issues apart from that first goal. Any keeper can throw one like that but its just not doing his reputation any good.

Pleased lambert got another goal was unlucky not to get a second. That one on one with the keeper by sterling was a massive moment.

Can we do basle 2-0? Have my doubts but you got to hope.

We don`t have to beat them 2.  Any win will do.

They've already spent £120 million this summer, i don't think they're at fault in all this. However i'll be disappointed if we didn't try to pursue a top goalkeeper this January.

There is one available on a free transfer that would be an upgrade