You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Winter coats and jackets

Mike D

Went hipster before Xmas and got myself a vintage, wool, swiss army coat from a military surplus shop. Got it lined by a tailor. All in cost me £70.

Warmest coat I've ever owned, I'd take the Pepsi challenge on a Canada goose or berghaus.

Bonus points for making me look like a gestapo and being knee length so it keeps my bellend warm

4fc66bd00ede84e848ae9daadc0b09c1.jpg

I like the lines of pea coats and reefer jackets, but double breasted (*titter*) doesn't suit me.

I've just picked up a nice lighter weight wool mix overcoat, largely because of its tweedy look. I now need to investigate whether a seamstress can put proper pockets in it as it's one of those ones where the tight bastards just put the flaps on for show.

Overcoats over pea coats for me. Generally not a fan of the buttons and I like the sleeker look. 

Yep.  I got myself a nice Boss wool and cashmere overcoat which looks the bollocks.  And it will go over a suit, should I ever find myself having to attend court.

Went hipster before Xmas and got myself a vintage, wool, swiss army coat from a military surplus shop. Got it lined by a tailor. All in cost me £70.

Warmest coat I've ever owned, I'd take the Pepsi challenge on a Canada goose or berghaus.

Bonus points for making me look like a gestapo and being knee length so it keeps my bellend warm 4fc66bd00ede84e848ae9daadc0b09c1.jpg

How do you fold out the nail file?

I have a big, warm as fuck, red coat from House of Fraser. I went looking for a 'proper' outdoor coat a few years back but found the staff in the outdoor shops at Meadowhall (eurgh) deplorably unhelpful.

This is the 4th winter I've had it (I think) and it held up well to a week in the Arctic too. Hoping it lasts a couple more years before I need to replace it.

I love the outdoor gear from the Canadian store MEC, they have some slightly more 'fashionable' and tailored clothing but properly made for winter weather. I need to see if they're available in the UK or get Neko or the Sex to be a Canadian 'Aye'SOS.

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Alpha Industries. Proper gear. Mine is literally decades old and it only gets better with age.

Paddy Considine would defo approve.

This one looks pretty good...

https://www.ma-1.com/mens/alpha-industries/huntington/21284.htm

Their current M65 looks a bit 'shiney'...

https://www.ma-1.com/mens/alpha-industries/m65/17335.htm

• 4 months later...

Just been on a mini spending spree and bought myself a Snugpak Sleeka Elite.

https://images.app.goo.gl/jbctmYDYNvbN5D378

Lightweight, waterproof and toasty as. I've had a Snugpak Sasquatch jacket for 5 years and it's brilliant but only really gets used when it's really cold / snowing.

Also bought some cheap hiviz waterproof kecks and jacket, sick of this shit weather.

On 03/03/2018 at 08:59, Paulie Dangerously said:

Bonus points for making me look like a gestapo and being knee length so it keeps my bellend warm

4fc66bd00ede84e848ae9daadc0b09c1.jpg

What park do you normally operate in mate?