You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anyone on here work for EE?

Rico1304

My brother (he's not a cunt like me) is having a nightmare trying to get a problem resolved, it's affected his credit rating and ability to get a mortgage...not good when he's put a deposit down on a house with his missus.

Any help gratefully received.

Unless its a massive fucking unpaid bill, I'd be suprised if a mobi bill is affecting his credit rating. Has he asked EE for his credit report to check what the problem is? Alternatively he could pay Experian, Equifax and the like 25 quid to get his full credit report. He can register on www.noddle.co.uk and get an overview of his rating for free.

If there's any incorrect info, he can insist the credit bureau correct it or, he can take steps to improve his credit rating.

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Readers digest version:

He was on a rolling contract will EE and wanted to leave, contacted them and got a PAC code to do so. PAC code was wrong, 3 couldnt port his number so he got a new number. EE didn't close his account and kept it open for 3 months.

This is showing as a default on his credit rating which means he can't get the mortgage he wanted. He can clear the debt and it'll show as satisfied but the default will stay. His argument is they fucked up and the default should be cleared. He's got evidence from 3 showing calls and the incorrect PAC code.

I've told him to request the call recordings and threaten a subject access request in the hope the bugggeration factor will kick in and they'll do it.

They should text a pac code as well.But I've seen networks send the wrong pac code in the past.

email olaf.swantee@ee.co.uk who is their chief executive. Emailing the people at the top (although it will be his office I imagine) is better than going in a shop or ringing up. They are generally first line and have fuck all in the way of powers.

It sounds like a genuine misunderstanding so they should be able to help.

One thing to never do in my experience is cancel a direct debit.Your only charged if you have a bill and it means you notice stuff like this before it dents your credit file.

• Upvote 1

They should text a pac code as well.But I've seen networks send the wrong pac code in the past.

email olaf.swantee@ee.co.uk who is their chief executive. Emailing the people at the top (although it will be his office I imagine) is better than going in a shop or ringing up. They are generally first line and have fuck all in the way of powers.

It sounds like a genuine misunderstanding so they should be able to help.

One thing to never do in my experience is cancel a direct debit.Your only charged if you have a bill and it means you notice stuff like this before it dents your credit file.

Cheers mate, thanks.

Readers digest version:

He was on a rolling contract will EE and wanted to leave, contacted them and got a PAC code to do so. PAC code was wrong, 3 couldnt port his number so he got a new number. EE didn't close his account and kept it open for 3 months.

This is showing as a default on his credit rating which means he can't get the mortgage he wanted. He can clear the debt and it'll show as satisfied but the default will stay. His argument is they fucked up and the default should be cleared. He's got evidence from 3 showing calls and the incorrect PAC code.

I've told him to request the call recordings and threaten a subject access request in the hope the bugggeration factor will kick in and they'll do it.

His problem as I see it is, he became aware the PAC was incorrect, couldnt port his number, took a new number with 3 but doesnt appear to have checked the EE account was closed as intended?

To be on firm ground with this, he's going to need proof he informed EE to close his account and when the PAC didnt work, he queried this with EE.

Im not certain just porting your number to a new supplier meets the requirements of terminating his agreement with EE. He really needs to review the T&Cs and confirm he gave correct notification of closing his account.

Then he needs to provide all this evidence to EE and get them to agree. They should then arrange for his credit record to be corrected not just updated. He then needs to get this confirmed with the likes of Experian that the incorrect details have been expunged.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Readers digest version:

I had a similar thing 6 years ago, except I'd already signed a 12m contact with Orange when I asked them to close it so I didn't even use my code. Due to me not using it or confirming in writing that I didn't need it, they kept it open for 6 months.

The default came off last month as nobody would entertain my concerns.