Quantcast
Liverpool's Hidden Gems - Page 16 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Section_31

Liverpool's Hidden Gems

4 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Took the kid to Camp Hill to play some footy. Love it here and the view is boss. 

EDCB9FE2-657D-4643-9F31-E605EDC51A72.jpeg

Boss for sledging on. Used to go down it on dinner trays, nearly got taken out once by three lads riding an upturned VW Beetle bonnet.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Boss for sledging on. Used to go down it on dinner trays, nearly got taken out once by three lads riding an upturned VW Beetle bonnet.

You turned all 3 of them down? 

• Upvote 2

On 07/06/2020 at 22:18, Dougie Do'ins said:

Liverpool landlady 'truly elated' to win 10 year battle to buy her pub

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/liverpool-landlady-truly-elated-win-19289931

• Upvote 2

On 29/08/2020 at 20:00, Section_31 said:

Yeah the things you used, we had a sheet of metal turned up at one end, two could ride on it, launched down the bank of the ralla and take off halfway down and if you stayed on there was every chance of twatting the barrier thing at the side of the track. 

The Musical Box on West Derby Road. 

If you want to get an appropriate record there, see if they've got a copy of "We Found Love in a Hopeless Place".

20201120_151219.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Not really a hidden gem these days but sad to see they're knocking the old cinema down in Wavertree for a fucking Lidl.

Used to be loads of these, either cinemas or social clubs in places like Garston or Park Road where you could see films, bands, comics etc. Real shame.

Imagine rolling up to this place on a Saturday night while it was in its pomp, seeing loads of people you know and watching a silver screen classic?

1_PHOTO-2020-09-03-09-58-19-1.jpg

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Not really a hidden gem these days but sad to see they're knocking the old cinema down in Wavertree for a fucking Lidl.

Used to be loads of these, either cinemas or social clubs in places like Garston or Park Road where you could see films, bands, comics etc. Real shame.

Imagine rolling up to this place on a Saturday night while it was in its pomp, seeing loads of people you know and watching a silver screen classic?

1_PHOTO-2020-09-03-09-58-19-1.jpg

Remember going to see Jaws and Star Wars there ...
I know it’s been closed for years but I guess being involved in knocking down the facade of the old Futurist on Lime St wasn’t enough for Lidl now they’re creating this ..

0_wavertree_cgi-1.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 02/11/2014 at 22:06, dickie mint said:

The Railway next door is okay aswell.

The Railway was ok when Terry and Kay ran it.  Used to make me stay until all hours they did. I remember Kay coming down from upstairs at about 9pm with a cooked meal for me which she placed on the bar saying "Gerrit down yer, lad"

A velociraptor goes around Liverpool schools (for some reason) so, naturally, when a Scouse amputee sees it, he whips his prosthetic off to pose for a photo.

30 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

A velociraptor goes around Liverpool schools (for some reason) so, naturally, when a Scouse amputee sees it, he whips his prosthetic off to pose for a photo.

People don’t realise how much Pickford does for charity.

• Upvote 1

Anyone know of any places showing the game on Wednesday? I’m in Liverpool.

As a hidden gem, Al Dente on lark lane has nice shelter for a drink at the moment, under cover, and great food.

8 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Anyone know of any places showing the game on Wednesday? I’m in Liverpool.

As a hidden gem, Al Dente on lark lane has nice shelter for a drink at the moment, under cover, and great food.

Was in Lark lane yesterday,great atmosphere, had a few drinks at the ink in the well (ex.chy),then one in Keith's,and a meal at Elif,all excellent. It was great to be on the ale trail again!

20210412_155251.jpg

20210412_161220.jpg

• Upvote 1