You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool's Hidden Gems

Section_31

7 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Ive seen that lad a few times doing his Beatles stuff and he is very good. Plays random weekday nights and its always packed. I am however sceptical about it, he was all over social media right away and has quadrupled his followers since it was in the daily mail. Apparently he filled the fella who did it in so I may be wrong. 

24 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I am however sceptical about it, he was all over social media right away and has quadrupled his followers since it was in the daily mail. Apparently he filled the fella who did it in so I may be wrong. 

Looked a bit dangerous to be a put up job. 

• 10 months later...
On 01/06/2017 at 14:52, Paulie Dangerously said:

Real Taste on London Road

Looks a bit shady and intimidating because it's mostly Kurdish types who go in but be brave and enter. Only a small menu but the best thing to get is one of the set meals. For £6 you get

A lentil soup starter as soon as you sit down

Choice of meat, Chicken breast or leg, lamb, kebab style

Mountain of Biryani rice, or plain rice if you're a loser

Choice of one of 6 side veg, aubergine, coughette, okra etc

Side salad

Fresh baked flatbread

Everything is gorgeous, proper salt of the earth cooking and brought fast so ideal for anyone on their lunch hour like me and for £6 can't beat the value, you'd be hard pressed to get a large maccies meal for that.

e28aed92336bda3dc33aac7161d0a8bb.jpg

On the strength of this recommendation I went there for my tea before a gig at the O2 Academy tonight.

Everything Paulie says is true (except it's gone up to  £8.50). 

Fucking wonderful stuff.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

On the strength of this recommendation I went there for my tea before a gig at the O2 Academy tonight.

Everything Paulie says is true (except it's gone up to  £8.50). 

Fucking wonderful stuff.

Glad you enjoyed mate. I noted the place has been done up which might explain the price increase. Will have to go as I haven't been for ages. 

• 2 months later...

Not really that hidden, I guess, but Calderstones Park. Had a nice saunter round there the other day. Sefton Park is my local/usual for a nice stroll. 

But, apart from the lake/Palm House, Calderstones wins. Nice gardens and loads of squirrels that come right up to you if you've got something to feed them with. Squirrels are boss. 

• Upvote 1