You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle v liverpool

halewood pete

Absolutely not. Being called hysterical for wanting to show patience and not bin the manager at the first sight of trouble has miffed me but the undertones have been there for weeks, people are just too afraid to come out with it. I can respect mark coulter at least because he has the courage to put his balls on the table.

If any other manager in England had spent £200 million, won nothing, and produced the consistent level of crap we've seen this season, you wouldn't blink if he lost his job.

Personally, I'd see what happens in the summer. A mid-table finish and European failure look likely at the moment. But we shall see...

Rodgers will be gone in the summer unless something dramatic happens. Which is hard to see. There's no way the owners will allow him to spend more money. So, I'm not expecting any January saviours...

If the Owners have any Brains they wont give him a penny.

Rodgers has intelligence and tenacity, so he's well capable of turning this around and I think he'll get us a top 4 position.

However, today was a fucking disgrace. Bizarre tactics, stubbornly sticking with badly out of form players, paying inflated fees for average/unnecessary talent - we've seen those signs, before, and they don't end well. If a homeowners, who has been robbed 3 times, sees a man with in his garden at night, I don't blame him for thinking it's happening again.

I read that as, R.Hodgers has intelligence as I heard someone make that argument while he was here also, Apparently reading books didnt uncunt the cunt. I fear these sorts of phrases herald the beginning of the end, the end of the beggining of the non defensive midfielder theory we thought kevin keegan took the grave with him. Exhume the body and drive a stake in it I say, this has been fun but a long waste of time, Mario could only be signed by a committee and same for Lambert, who I like but is unwanted by his manager and signed becos tha mathz made senss.

I don't know if he is a WUM but throwing abuse at a WUM is almost as bad as engaging in discussion with one. We are all pissed off but it shows in different ways. For that reason, I'm sorry I threw abuse at you.

There's nothing guaranteed to make someone mad on the internet than a good bit of passive aggression. Fine work sir.

• Upvote 2

People arn't calling for him to be sacked because they don't want to be. Simple as. 

You know how I know, because another 4/5 defeats they will be and you'll know all about it. 

Me I'm saying give him the season because fuck it I don't believe in sacking him, whatever the reason I don't. I'd rather just go the season and see how we sit in the summer. 

Same. I wouldn't sack any manager not called Hodgson during a season.

He deserves to be given the chance to turn this season around, but if we finish 7th/8th he will be sacked. He's spent lots of money, and we're fucking shite.

What about money?

Cos we need better players, and he's done the lot on some real shit.

The man nearly led us to our first title for nearly 25 years.

He us now trying to build on that whilst handling losing one of the best players in the world and being without our main goal threat....have we bought well this summer? So far you would have to say it looks like not as well as we should. However it's ten games in and I prefer to be patient however frustrating it is.

What made us great last season needs to be found again and for me that means finding probably two players in January one who can play in attack in a team that plays that way and add in a defensive leader. He needs to sort out our defensive issues too and get help in to do that for my money to do so.

It's a gamble of course, but one we need to take.

What we are or should be realistically competing with namely arsenal and the Mancs for 4th aren't all that and the right decisions will see us right on there with them.

He has to make those calls and be backed to do so. It's a big test, but one he deserves the chance to tackle.

Bin bagging him wouldn't be the right thing to do for my money.

Same. I wouldn't sack any manager not called Hodgson during a season.

He deserves to be given the chance to turn this season around, but if we finish 7th/8th he will be sacked. He's spent lots of money, and we're fucking shite.

I honestly don't believe another manager will make the group we have click any quicker. 

People will argue that point but just don't see it happening.

And to be clear I say that as someone who think's Rodgers has made an awful cock up so far. Really really bad. 

it may have escaped your attention, but Gerrard was the pick of the midfield today.  And Henderson was absolutely dire with and without the ball.  Sheepish doesn't begin to describe his performance.  Allen was a distant second to Gerrard, but still a lot better than Coutinho and Henderson.  

I would drop Henderson for Lucas at the moment.  That's how bad he's playing.  But more realistically, I would drop him for Can.  

We played way better midweek.  Shorter passes, fewer touches.  Pick of the midfield today?   Maybe, but they should all be dropped.  Then again, we don't have enough players for that...  

I'd just start by doing the thing that cannot be done, benching Gerrard based on form.  Yes, the others are playing badly, as well, but the team needs to wake up, and seeing that the captain is in the same boat might help.  One thing is sure as hell, we will get the same by keeping on doing the same.

Can for Gerrard would be fine with me, as well.  As long as he goes in and kicks someone, like Case used to do.  Gerrard used to be able to that, Lucas knows how to get yellow, as well.  How many yellow cards did Chelsea get the other night? 5 + one dude 2? That was no accident, it was just what the manager thought that they needed.   Right now we need some of that.  We play like we're in a slumber, slow, nobody bothered, no passion. 

• Upvote 1

Agree. Though i think the sack is coming as long as we are out of top 4, other than the case where we pull off some amazing 10 wins in a row in the 2nd half of season and still be outside top 4. 

The man nearly led us to our first title for nearly 25 years.

He us now trying to build on that whilst handling losing one of the best players in the world and being without our main goal threat....have we bought well this summer? So far you would have to say it looks like not as well as we should. However it's ten games in and I prefer to be patient however frustrating it is.

What made us great last season needs to be found again and for me that means finding probably two players in January one who can play in attack in a team that plays that way and add in a defensive leader. He needs to sort out our defensive issues too and get help in to do that for my money to do so.

It's a gamble of course, but one we need to take.

What we are or should be realistically competing with namely arsenal and the Mancs for 4th aren't all that and the right decisions will see us right on there with them.

He has to make those calls and be backed to do so. It's a big test, but one he deserves the chance to tackle.

Bin bagging him wouldn't be the right thing to do for my money.

And he now plays in Spain.

• Upvote 2

We played way better midweek.  Shorter passes, fewer touches.  Pick of the midfield today?   Maybe, but they should all be dropped.  Then again, we don't have enough players for that...  

I'd just start by doing the thing that cannot be done, benching Gerrard based on form.  Yes, the others are playing badly, as well, but the team needs to wake up, and seeing that the captain is in the same boat might help.  One thing is sure as hell, we will get the same by keeping on doing the same.

Can for Gerrard would be fine with me, as well.  As long as he goes in and kicks someone, like Case used to do.  Gerrard used to be able to that, Lucas knows how to get yellow, as well.  How many yellow cards did Chelsea get the other night? 5 + one dude 2? That was no accident, it was just what the manager thought that they needed.   Right now we need some of that.  We play like we're in a slumber, slow, nobody bothered, no passion. 

Would play Gerrard on the right of an attacking three With Can in front of the defence. Lallana in the middle next to Gerrard, and Sterling on the left. Then Lambert and or Borini or Balotelli up front.

Allen and Henderson are offering nothing at all right now. Coutinho off the bench as required.

Agree. Though i think the sack is coming as long as we are out of top 4, other than the case where we pull off some amazing 10 wins in a row in the 2nd half of season and still be outside top 4. 

If we finished 5th, say, a couple of points of 4th, I'd be surprised if they binned him off. But if we're 8th behind Southampton and Everton, for example, they will rightly get rid.

I think he's bought poorly, the whole strategy is destined not to work, but it's tactically where he really worries me. We look utterly clueless at the moment, we've played cohesively in one fucking game all season.

Short of the wheels seriously coming off he'll certainly be given this season to sort things out. Given that he led us to 2nd last season that seems fair, I don't think it makes a great deal of sense to sack him now. Who are we replacing him with?

This is entirely his squad now, his choices if we believe his statements. 

Personally I suspect FSG will give him another chance next season as he's very much their choice and if we fail to improve he'll probably be shown the door after that.

For me, I've just never really been convinced by him, I think I'm being hugely influenced by those teeth.

Did you watch how Swanse played?  They parked the bus for 40 minutes.  We looked great, we had the ball in our own half.  We were masters of three fifths of the pitch.  Then Swansea decided to come out and play, and they walked through our CM at will.

i do agree that there's no urgency, no movement.  Dropping Gerrard isn't going to help much in the regard.  Even though he ran further and harder than any of the rest of our midfield today, I am aware that he is far from the force of nature that he once was accurately described.  However, even though there was precious little movement again today, he created opportunities through his distribution and his eye for a pass.  No-one else in red on that pitch is capable of doing that with any sort of regularity or consistency.  I really have no issue in dropping him if there are better alternatives.  There aren't at the moment.  

• Upvote 1

I honestly don't believe another manager will make the group we have click any quicker. 

People will argue that point but just don't see it happening.

And to be clear I say that as someone who think's Rodgers has made an awful cock up so far. Really really bad. 

I'd be surprised if a top manager couldn't get this squad playing much better than we are doing. Drilling the back four properly, having a midfielder charged with providing cover for them, pick a side and style that compliment each other, would all help. Fairly basic stuff we aren't doing. Also, I'd imagine most managers that took one look at our squad would want to bring in some experienced players. Some leaders. 

It sounds like I want him binned, I don't. Honestly, I'd just say if I did. As I said last week, we're still, thanks to Ludogorets and Basel being shite, and most of the Premier League being shite, capable of rescuing this season. I have confidence that Rodgers has enough about him to improve us significantly, and I flatly refuse to believe that he believes what he says after games about us playing well, etc. He just doesn't want to dig out a side already low on confidence. 

I do think Chelsea and, especially, Real Madrid, will humiliate us. So I don't think we've even reached peak shitness yet, but after that we've got enough quality, despite current showings, to turn this around. To go "on a run" of sorts. West Ham and Southampton will drop away, we really should be able to beat Basel and Ludogorets in Europe, Sturridge coming back will make a difference, a few of the new signings will have hopefully found their feet a bit more.

Gotta hope.

• Upvote 3

I'd be surprised if a top manager couldn't get this squad playing much better than we are doing. Drilling the back four properly, having a midfielder charged with providing cover for them, pick a side and style that compliment each other, would all help. Fairly basic stuff we aren't doing. Also, I'd imagine most managers that took one look at our squad would want to bring in some experienced players. Some leaders. 

It's sound like I want him binned, I don't. Honestly, I'd just say if I did. As I said last week, we're still, thanks to Ludogorets and Basel being shite, and most of the Premier League being shite, capable of rescuing this season. I have confidence that Rodgers has enough about him to improve us significantly, and I flatly refuse to believe that he believes what he says after games about us playing well, etc. He just doesn't want to dig out a side already low on confidence. 

I do think Chelsea and, especially, Real Madrid, will humiliate us. So I don't think we've even reached peak shitness yet, but after that we've got enough quality, despite current showings, to turn this around. To go "on a run" of sorts. West Ham and Southampton will drop away, we really should be able to beat Basel and Ludogorets in Europe, Sturridge coming back will make a difference, a few of the new signings will have hopefully found their feet a bit more.

Gotta hope.

That's a good post in fairness and definitely sums up how I feel also.