You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle v liverpool

halewood pete

I'd take that now, personally think we'll end up somewhere around 10th. Rodgers will need to win something to keep his job I think. Big push for one of the lesser cup competitions.

The man has never got to the last 16 of any cup with any team ever. Apart from the recent strained performance against swansea that is, so its just gonna be a case of how patient our owners are since he wont ever never win a cup and a carling cup should never be enough to keep a liverpool manager in a job since it was fine to sack kenny for that sin now we are supposed to pray in hope for a rodgers doing well in a cup miracle?

Bunch of fannies talking about sacking the manager. Fuck off with that horse shit.

Rodgers has intelligence and tenacity, so he's well capable of turning this around and I think he'll get us a top 4 position.

However, today was a fucking disgrace. Bizarre tactics, stubbornly sticking with badly out of form players, paying inflated fees for average/unnecessary talent - we've seen those signs, before, and they don't end well. If a homeowners, who has been robbed 3 times, sees a man with in his garden at night, I don't blame him for thinking it's happening again.

• Upvote 2

Haven't seen anyone saying outright he should be sacked - saying he is responsible for this shite and may pay for it eventually with his job if it continues, yes. But I have seen you fling abuse around like a fucking petulant twat and not reply to people like Drowningman when they have answered you. You need to stop being a hysterical fanny.

Drowning man is a wum, he wants the manager sacked if we fail to beat Chelsea. What's the point in engaging in a discussion with people like that?

The only reason people haven't said it outright is because they haven't got the bollocks to back up their convictions.

• Upvote 1

Rodgers has intelligence and tenacity, so he's well capable of turning this around and I think he'll get us a top 4 position.

However, today was a fucking disgrace. Bizarre tactics, stubbornly sticking with badly out of form players, paying inflated fees for average/unnecessary talent - we've seen those signs, before, and they don't end well. If a homeowners, who has been robbed 3 times, sees a man with in his garden at night, I don't blame him for thinking it's happening again.

Do you honestly think we will get top 4 this season?

Drowning man is a wum, he wants the manager sacked if we fail to beat Chelsea. What's the point in engaging in a discussion with people like that?

The only reason people haven't said it outright is because they haven't got the bollocks to back up their convictions.

What absolute shyte. Youre talking about people on a message board here.

There's nothing riding on what people write here.

You're a Superfan Mentalist and always have been an aggressive piece of work.

There you go, bit of conviction for you there.

Fuck off.

• Upvote 3

Bollocks and you know it. You're just caught out being hysterical

Absolutely not. Being called hysterical for wanting to show patience and not bin the manager at the first sight of trouble has miffed me but the undertones have been there for weeks, people are just too afraid to come out with it. I can respect mark coulter at least because he has the courage to put his balls on the table.

I though Borini made more useful passes (in an attacking sense) in his brief spell than Coutinho, Allen, Sterling and Henderson managed in the entire game. So one miniscule positive there.

haha 'borini made useful passes', please stop, unless trolling ironically, in which case I really admire his throw ins, seriously tho this is like a bluenose thread trying to find a silver lining to mikel madar after another heavy derby defeat, borini lolz. 

Fine, I will, he's a fucking joke, he's made an awful lot of Suarez and Sturridge dragging him to second place, if the cunt had a plan B or any inkling of how to set up a defence, he'd be a league winning manager by now, but he hasn't so he isn't!

And now there's no Suarez and temporarily no Sturridge he hasn't got a Scooby what to do next! It's as plain as the cunts big white teeth that Balotelli can't play up front on his own but he persists with it, it's obvious that Gerrard needs resting occasionally, no fucking chance says Jim McDonald!

Fire away, neg away, blah fucking blah!

• Upvote 2

That's not what I said. I think he'll be in trouble if we fail to beat them - almost four years to the day after Hodgson did, a defeat at home would leave us with fewer points than we had under the Owl. Given BR's summer spend, on what planet is that acceptable?

Hodgson is a monumental fool, but his sacking was because he turned us into the shittiest Liverpool team in generations. If BR - after spending more in a small amount of time than any Liverpool manager in history - turns us into a shittier one, it's reasonable to question whether he is the right man for the job. That's not the same as demanding his sacking.

• Upvote 1

Or because they don't actually believe it but are pissed off immediately after another extremely turgid performance, and frustrated the manager is too inflexible to change things. It doesn't mean they want him sacked, maybe just want him to wake up and acknowledge his tactics aren't working.

As for Drowningman, I don't know if he is a WUM but throwing abuse at a WUM is almost as bad as engaging in discussion with one. We are all pissed off but it shows in different ways. For that reason, I'm sorry I threw abuse at you.

I honestly don't think we have reach the point that the manager needs to be sacked, replace by who anyway. We are just creating more problems that way.

Though this does gets a lot more serious if Sturridge is back and we are still shit like this. 

• Upvote 1

I agree with your assessment of the problems but how does that logically translate into Rodgers getting us a top 4 finish? The guy is in denial that the likes of Balotelli are not shite. He's still a relatively inexperienced manager and hasn't been in this situation where the wheels have come off before and what hes demonstrating now is quite a natural reaction but probably the wrong one, He is putting an arm round his players and telling them to stick at it when in fact what they probably need is a full broadside , Slur style, Not sure Rodgers has the cojones to do that. At the moment a number of those players are making a fool of him   

Absolutely not. Being called hysterical for wanting to show patience and not bin the manager at the first sight of trouble has miffed me but the undertones have been there for weeks, people are just too afraid to come out with it. I can respect mark coulter at least because he has the courage to put his balls on the table.

People arn't calling for him to be sacked because they don't want to be. Simple as. 

You know how I know, because another 4/5 defeats they will be and you'll know all about it. 

Me I'm saying give him the season because fuck it I don't believe in sacking him, whatever the reason I don't. I'd rather just go the season and see how we sit in the summer. 

haha 'borini made useful passes', please stop, unless trolling ironically, in which case I really admire his throw ins, seriously tho this is like a bluenose thread trying to find a silver lining to mikel madar after another heavy derby defeat, borini lolz. 

If anyone wants to take a crack at this and translate it to English so I can ignore it in my native language, that would be grand.