Quantcast
Ballon D'or - Page 4 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Special K

Ballon D'or

Whilst that's technically true, Mascherano only played one competitive match under Hodgson before leaving because he knew Hodgson was a useless fucker. 

....which makes hodgo's choice to vote for monster cocked even more sneaky, creepy, sexy, romantic.

• Upvote 2

For being front and centre for one of the most humiliating defensive efforts in football history, David Luiz still managed to have a 50M price tag slapped on his head and make the FIFA World XI 

I. Just. Don't. Even. 

David Luiz is a good money laundry for agents and team owners. 50m my arshe. He is fucking garbage.

That's unfair, at least at one stage garbage was useful. 

The Owl trying to show how he has a deeper appweciation of the wudiments of football.

A cunt.

Ha ha,  Probably going to get some stick for this but I have a microscopic amount of respect for him for sticking two fingers up at the whole pantomime and not joining the Ronaldo / Messi wankfest . Still in the cunt category though

Ha ha,  Probably going to get some stick for this but I have a microscopic amount of respect for him for sticking two fingers up at the whole pantomime and not joining the Ronaldo / Messi wankfest . Still in the cunt category though

As do I. I actually like his selections.

Virgil should win this tomorrow night. (Tonight actually). Can see them giving it to Messi again though. I just hope that fucking idiot ronaldo doesn't win it just to see his face. Especially if he comes third with VVD winning it. 

It's a shame that they have judged this on a commercial basis rather than performance/achievement for the year.

And no way is Salah 3rd, that's purely due to his target market as well.

Cunts.

• Upvote 1

Well to be fair Messi should've won it every season since he started playing professionally. If anyone else had a season as good as one of his off/bad seasons they'd be lauded to the skies.

• Upvote 2

From what little research I've done, Cannavaro (2006) is the only defender in the last 40 years or more to win it, so clearly it's based on an extremely limited definition of what a great footballer is.

No sign of Baresi on that list either so Virgil's in good company.

39 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

From what little research I've done, Cannavaro (2006) is the only defender in the last 40 years or more to win it, so clearly it's based on an extremely limited definition of what a great footballer is.

No sign of Baresi on that list either so Virgil's in good company.

World Cup winning captain that year. Flavour of the month. 

Beckenbauer and Cannavaro are indeed the only defenders to win the award, and Yashin is the only goalkeeper. You get the odd midfielder winning the Ballon D'Or but it's mostly attacking players that are favoured. In the last decade it's been solely about what Real Madrid or Barcelona do, and since Ronaldo and Messi were scoring so many goals and winning so many trophies, they were the ones collecting the votes.

I was looking at the previous winners and I was surprised to see that Kevin Keegan won it twice when he was at Hamburg. I didn't know he did that well there.

3 hours ago, Elite said:

And no way is Salah 3rd, that's purely due to his target market as well.

Cunts.

Finished top goalscorer for the second year in the PL. Won the CL and scored the first goal in the final. Helped his team finish on 97 points in the PL.

Who should be in ahead of him?