You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ballon D'or

Special K

23 minutes ago, Angie81 said:

Haha ronaldo ahead of mane proving this whole thing is a load of shite.

He got votes because of his international exploits. Portugal won that Nations League tournament in the summer, qualified for Euro 2020 and he scored a shitload of goals in the process. For Juventus he was only so-so by his own lofty standards.

1 minute ago, Trumo said:

He got votes because of his international exploits. Portugal won that Nations League tournament in the summer, qualified for Euro 2020 and he scored a shitload of goals in the process. For Juventus he was only so-so by his own lofty standards.

Yah... same reason Mahrez is so high up.

By the way, I found this funny; the Guinean guy who has had info on Keita is saying that certain players aren't happy that van Dijk has been getting all the hype from the club in regards to winning the Ballon D'Or, and not Mane or Salah and that this will cause certain players to potentially want to leave and players who want to sign will take consideration of this snub as well. 

I don't remember if this guy had legit info - I think he was saying Keita would sign before he actually did - or if he's just some angry African guy who should be ignored, but it's a weird take. 

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

By the way, I found this funny; the Guinean guy who has had info on Keita is saying that certain players aren't happy that van Dijk has been getting all the hype from the club in regards to winning the Ballon D'Or, and not Mane or Salah and that this will cause certain players to potentially want to leave and players who want to sign will take consideration of this snub as well. 

I don't remember if this guy had legit info - I think he was saying Keita would sign before he actually did - or if he's just some angry African guy who should be ignored, but it's a weird take. 

Probably angry at the lack of African love, Virg was the only one realistically likely to have a shot this year. Mo got the plaudits the year before because he was the best. Probably pissed at the rainbow laces too like the rest of the online African, Arab, American, Eastern European online fans

20 hours ago, kemskem said:

I was looking at the previous winners and I was surprised to see that Kevin Keegan won it twice when he was at Hamburg. I didn't know he did that well there.

When Keegan won it,it was only considered European footballer of the year and not 'World' footballer. There was some kind of merger of two awards back in the early 2000s which gave it more prestige and encompassed more of world football.

12 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I hate the way everyone bangs on about Messi being the greatest player of all time. Give me a break. Modern football in a nutshell.

I agree with this, he's clearly the best player of his era but of all time is quite a joke for me. I think he'd be fucked with the tackles of yesteryear. I suppose you can only compete against your contemporaries and only use the rules available to you though. It's basically a non-starter. The teams I've only watched on recordings got the shit kicked out of them and still won but I'm fairly certain with these rules they'd all be gassed by the 70th minute or so because of their lifestyle. Works both ways though, if those players had the same technology and fitness advice available to them whose to say they wouldn't be even better than they were.

Guest Pistonbroke
11 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Never a machine gun around when you need one.

Two peas from the same pod. Hope Arsenal pay 180 million for Ronaldo and he flops big time on a return to the PL and gets hacked to fuck. Watch Morgan change alliances then, the fucking gob shyte. Like I said, always looking for confrontation and getting his fingers burnt. 

4 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Two peas from the same pod. Hope Arsenal pay 180 million for Ronaldo and he flops big time on a return to the PL and gets hacked to fuck. Watch Morgan change alliances then, the fucking gob shyte. Like I said, always looking for confrontation and getting his fingers burnt. 

With a name like Piers you'd think anybody would avoid the limelight,especially social media.