You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nivana Vs Foo Fighters

Remmie

83 members have voted

1. 1. Foovarna

• Foo Fighters
    • Nirvana

The Foo Fighters surpassed Nirvana a long time ago in being a soulless corporate Rock Band. The whole ethos of Nirvana was against that. They took the piss out of rock n roll. They were there to destroy the likes of Axel Rose for being totally up his own arse, whereas Dave secretly harboured desires to be Axel Rose. That's the fundamental difference.

• Upvote 2

My initial thoughts on 1st listen is its bland as fuck and will mostly be cut from my Iphone.

Still, I'll give it a few more proper spins before hacking it to pieces.

I guess that's the problem with downloading stuff for free, its more disposable when you haven't paid for it as you haven't invested anything in it.

Not a knock but a general point. I'll check it out when it's officially released. Have actually enjoyed the last couple of albums. Some fillers but not more than most bands releases these days.

Albums from established bands is all about generating interest for the tour these days.

The Foo Fighters surpassed Nirvana a long time ago in being a soulless corporate Rock Band[emoji769]. The whole ethos of Nirvana was against that. They took the piss out of rock n roll. They were there to destroy the likes of Axel Rose for being totally up his own arse, whereas Dave secretly harboured desires to be Axel Rose. That's the fundamental difference.

Boss knows.

And Mudhoney are miles better than both of them.

• Upvote 2

The Foo Fighters surpassed Nirvana a long time ago in being a soulless corporate Rock Band[emoji769]. The whole ethos of Nirvana was against that. They took the piss out of rock n roll. They were there to destroy the likes of Axel Rose for being totally up his own arse, whereas Dave secretly harboured desires to be Axel Rose. That's the fundamental difference.

Just listening to Concrete & Gold at maximum output and I fully agree with this.

Except GNR, Motley Crue etc had an element of danger & unpredictability to them.

This Foo's album is the definition of phoning it in - Run is very good, Sky Is A Neighbourhood, The Line & La-Dee-Dah are alright but the rest....slow start, semi-heavy and rousing chorus, repeat repeat repeat. Yawn.

Foo Fighters - the rock band for people who don't like rock music.

Changed to Prophets Of Rage new album, already got more balls in the 1st 2 songs.

• Upvote 1

I like some FF stuff.

Think people are having a dig just to have a dig to be honest. Far more bands worthy of derision than them.

Guns was a far better band than Nirvana too. May not have lasted all that long but that Original line up was as good as you'll find in terms of chemistry

Yeah I like rock music and I like the Foos.

Nirvana and The Foo Fighters are completely different bands, even different genres. Dave Grohl doesn't even try and be Kurt Cobian so not sure why people constantly feel the need to compare them.

Ps. Motley Crue are - and have always been - shite.

• Upvote 2

• 2 years later...

I ended up on a day out with Taylor too many years back to call them recent, a few pints in Manchester when the Colour & Shape was out.

it was great, but, well, ‘conversation’ was pretty much one way. He had the hottest woman with him, she was most certainly not his wife, who was whispering sweet nothings in his lughole.

Oh, to be a rockstar...

8 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I ended up on a day out with Taylor too many years back to call them recent, a few pints in Manchester when the Colour & Shape was out.

it was great, but, well, ‘conversation’ was pretty much one way. He had the hottest woman with him, she was most certainly not his wife, who was whispering sweet nothings in his lughole.

Oh, to be a rockstar...

You jammy bastard. Jammy jammy bastard. 

As for him. The jammy bastard. The jammy jammy jammy talented cool jammy motherfucking jammy bastard. 

30 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I’ve know Nirvana pretty much my whole life and it’s only just dawned on my I’ve never listed to the original ‘Love Buzz’

Its alright.

If you want some more decent Dutch 60s stuff you may not have heard check out Q65 and the Outsiders. Some of the Nederbeat stuff is boss. 

• Upvote 1