You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Random musical chat.

Carvalho Diablo

6 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I made the missus listen to the whole of Close To The Edge last night as a tribute to AW, before remembering that Bill Bruford played on the album.

How did it go?

My wife said she loved Yes as she'd heard I've Seen All Good People on Almost Famous. I put Close To The Edge on for her & left the room to make a cup of tea & by the time I came back, it was off.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mook said:

How did it go?

My wife said she loved Yes as she'd heard I've Seen All Good People on Almost Famous. I put Close To The Edge on for her & left the room to make a cup of tea & by the time I came back, it was off.

haha!

Well to be fair to my missus she got as far as Siberian Khatru before she left the room. I'm not sure I'd get away with it twice

3 minutes ago, stringvest said:

haha!

Well to be fair to my missus she got as far as Siberian Khatru before she left the room. I'm not sure I'd get away with it twice

You did better than me at least.

I'm out of there now so can stick it on repeat if I feel like it. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Saw Idles last night. Years since I've seen them and they're still a great live band. 

Saw Osees tonight though. Still comfortably the best live band on the planet by a fucking mile. They even threw a cover of Cooking With Gas by Tad in there. Biggest grin from me. 

Monday is an all girl punk band from Japan called Otoboke Beaver who I've been wanting to see for years. 

Music is back. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/07/2022 at 21:38, cloggypop said:

Monday is an all girl punk band from Japan called Otoboke Beaver who I've been wanting to see for years. 

Music is back. 

I have to say that was a disappointing google image search. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 09/07/2022 at 21:38, cloggypop said:

Saw Idles last night. Years since I've seen them and they're still a great live band. 

Saw Osees tonight though. Still comfortably the best live band on the planet by a fucking mile. They even threw a cover of Cooking With Gas by Tad in there. Biggest grin from me. 

Music is back. 

Not heard anyone mention that or Tad in years. 

• Downvote 1

15 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

That Everlong at the end of that gig…. I’ve seen the Foo Fighters live so many times and everyone waits for that drum to kick in. The way they did that then was unreal. Powerful. Rest easy Taylor. Nobody can fill that void 

Best gig/show I've ever been to and very bittersweet. Brian May singing "Love of My Life" was magical and a beautiful tribute to Taylor Hawkins.

That version of Everlong finished it perfectly.

My view of "Love of My Life" and when Brian May asked for lights...

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Preston Red said:

Best gig/show I've ever been to and very bittersweet. Brian May singing "Love of My Life" was magical and a beautiful tribute to Taylor Hawkins.

That version of Everlong finished it perfectly.

My view of "Love of My Life" and when Brian May asked for lights...

Taylor's son belting out My Hero on the Drums got me.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...