You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Random musical chat.

Carvalho Diablo

• 1 month later...

My friend John Murry has a new album due out in June, it's produced by John Parish (PJ Harvey etc) and mastered at Abbey Road Studios. The first video from it is below, directed by Mayor Carcetti himself (Aiden Gillen)

• Upvote 3

One of the songs played at my mums funeral just came on Radio 2. Turned it right up and belted it out. I think mourning is becoming celebrating her life now. Hasn't stopped the tears running down my face singing it but I'm smiling like a bastard

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

One of the songs played at my mums funeral just came on Radio 2. Turned it right up and belted it out. I think mourning is becoming celebrating her life now. Hasn't stopped the tears running down my face singing it but I'm smiling like a bastard

Exactly how it should be. Good lad.

• Upvote 3

This is worth five minutes of anyone's time.

Static - X a resonably successful Nu-Metal band who disbanded in about 2010 decide to tour agian, the kicker being their lead singer died of a drug overdose years back and they're having a mystery singer in a mask, of said dead guy, fronting the band.

A weird, weird interview.

https://www.loudersound.com/features/static-x-the-story-behind-that-controversial-wayne-static-death-mask

Not sure what this is all about but Brian Johnson appears to be doing YouTube now. This popped up in my recommendations this morning presumably because I'd watched an interview he did with Dave Grohl last night.  

Mark Knopfler used to show up at quite a few rallies when I was a kid so I met him quite a few times, but can't remember him all that well.

I think I have posted it before, but Brian Johnson did a tour with Geordie quite a lot of years ago and some friends of mine had an AC/DC tribute band. They were playing the same night as Geordie, so Brian Johnson came to the City Hall to see everyone, brought a load of drink to give us and apologised that he hadn't know they were playing and said that if he'd known he would have moved to another night so that it didn't clash. I'm not really an AC/DC fan, but he's a thoroughly decent chap. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Chairman Meow said:

Not sure what this is all about but Brian Johnson appears to be doing YouTube now. This popped up in my recommendations this morning presumably because I'd watched an interview he did with Dave Grohl last night.  

Mark Knopfler used to show up at quite a few rallies when I was a kid so I met him quite a few times, but can't remember him all that well.

I think I have posted it before, but Brian Johnson did a tour with Geordie quite a lot of years ago and some friends of mine had an AC/DC tribute band. They were playing the same night as Geordie, so Brian Johnson came to the City Hall to see everyone, brought a load of drink to give us and apologised that he hadn't know they were playing and said that if he'd known he would have moved to another night so that it didn't clash. I'm not really an AC/DC fan, but he's a thoroughly decent chap. 

My uncle has met him at a few car things he goes to & says much the same. Really down to Earth & sound.

Still can't believe he smokes fucking rollies though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000lj5v/everything-the-real-thing-story

Dubbed "the black Beatles" by the British tabloids, the four lads from Liverpool recount their incredible story from the tough streets of Toxteth to the bright lights of New York. A journey of international stardom as Britain's pioneering million-selling soul and funk band. Against a backdrop of prejudice and political turmoil in the 1970s, The Real Thing were the first all-black British band to hit #1 in the UK pop charts.

• Upvote 1