Carvalho Diablo

Random musical chat.

18 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I would happily execute every boy/girl band by firing squad, I don't care if it was me that the decisive bullet as I could live with that. 

Maybe not girl bands because even though they're shit they're watchable. Williams /Barlow need to be put in the Brazen Bull and boiled alive, Over. 

They'd probably sound better in the Brazen Bull, especially that foghorn twat Keating.

12 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

They'd probably sound better in the Brazen Bull, especially that foghorn twat Keating.

Aye, punishment with artistic expression, what's not to like. 

I've just watched Smokin'Gun by Robert Cray, he was sound back in the 80s, probably still is though you don't hear of him these days. 

No one mentioned him in the competition, I can't seem to post music videos 

On 28/12/2020 at 02:52, TheHowieLama said:

Tony Rice RIP -- one of the most important pickers in modern acoustic music - Skaggs is like 19 here and Donahue is not much older:

Of all the different types of sounds i like I'll always love bluegrass and early Country. 

I think I may have posted these before somewhere and I'm sure those of you who watch Rick Beato have already taken a look at them but I am really into Karnivool right now.

On 01/02/2021 at 13:47, Carvalho Diablo said:

Really disappointed by Steven Wilson's new album The Future Bites.

It's nice, safe and fucking boring.

I'd heard a few things of his but never really delved into his stuff until the Album Review club one that Mook suggested. 

I find him very hit and miss, can range from stuff that seems absolutely genius and/or really beautiful (Song of Unborn has weirdly just popped up on shuffle on my ipod as I type as if to prove it) to stuff where you wonder how someone capable of the other stuff can produce something so bland and uninspiring.

Re-discovering David Sylvian after not listening to much of his work for over 20 years. The Rain Tree Crow project was particularly satisfying...

• Upvote 1