You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Random musical chat.

Carvalho Diablo

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I remember making a bee line to The Good Mixer in Candem when down there in the mid nineties, just in the hope she was in there and I could get the slight chance of tit-elbow at the bar.

She wasn't there that day.

Gone now that I think. I'd love to have been a regular there in the 90's. 

I went through a spell (around 08/09) of getting a train up to Camden for Pompey on a Saturday about once a month. Used to love it. Last time I went it was unrecognisable. Dickheads everywhere wanting a fight. Same as Shoreditch. You get a decent area with decent bars and a chilled vibe. Word gets around and once the bullies know they can go there and throw their weight around with little chance of getting a hiding they all flood the place then it becomes like every other shit London waterhole where everyone is just trying to out-do each other. Best sticking to Hotel bars these days of a night-time. 

Apparently Clapham has gone decent again but that won't last. 

Rico - Please get a picture with her. Two reasons. 1, I need new shuffle material and 2, it will get that picture of you and Louis Spence removed from my eyeballs. 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I went through a spell (around 08/09) of getting a train up to Camden for Pompey on a Saturday about once a month. Used to love it. Last time I went it was unrecognisable. Dickheads everywhere wanting a fight. Same as Shoreditch. You get a decent area with decent bars and a chilled vibe. Word gets around and once the bullies know they can go there and throw their weight around with little chance of getting a hiding they all flood the place then it becomes like every other shit London waterhole where everyone is just trying to out-do each other. Best sticking to Hotel bars these days of a night-time. 

Rico - Please get a picture with her. Two reasons. 1, I need new shuffle material and 2, it will get that picture of you and Louis Spence removed from my eyeballs. 

I think the Mixer is still going, probably changed hands a few times since its heyday.

We went down there a four day long weekend in 95 to watch Blur at the Mile End stadium on the Saturday. The whole area was buzzing. Great few days.

10 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I think the Mixer is still going, probably changed hands a few times since its heyday.

We went down there a four day long weekend in 95 to watch Blur at the Mile End stadium on the Saturday. The whole area was buzzing. Great few days.

Just googled it. I'd heard it was getting shut down but obviously not

https://www.nme.com/news/music/londons-legendary-the-good-mixer-will-return-2281598

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I stayed in Shoreditch last year, went for a run and was almost immediately knocked over by a bloke on an e-scooter.  The hotel was £400 a night, pretentious as fuck (it had its own merchandise stand) and I was bitten by a bed bug.  

Last time I saw Sleeper they were supported by Space and I had a photo with the singer.  Thing is the injunction means I’m not allowed within 50 feet of Louise. 

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I stayed in Shoreditch last year, went for a run and was almost immediately knocked over by a bloke on an e-scooter.  The hotel was £400 a night, pretentious as fuck (it had its own merchandise stand) and I was bitten by a bed bug.  

Last time I saw Sleeper they were supported by Space and I had a photo with the singer.  Thing is the injunction means I’m not allowed within 50 feet of Louise. 

I hope you batted him in the balls. Did you go to Browns? 

I saw Space last year and got a picture with the lead singer of them. Bumped into @Liverpool lad 

I love Louise. 

• Upvote 1

On 28/10/2014 at 13:46, Mook said:

Dave Gilmour's guitar solos bore the shite out of me & I find Dark Side of the Moon & Wish you were here incredibly dull.

I do like Meddle though.

I’ve got to agree there, a great band but I’ve never been into them , even years ago

This lad in my local, who I’ve mentioned before with his Light up Light up on the jukebox also puts on Pink Floyd stuff , fucksake the misery at staring at the optics , just not pub music.

• Upvote 1