Quantcast
Random musical chat. - Page 35 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Carvalho Diablo

Random musical chat.

Malojian (formerly known as Cat Malojian) from Northen Ireland, I saw them in Kilkenny last night, sublime gig.

This song is truly beautiful

• Upvote 2

Watching a bit of the Grammys today, some comments:-

Stevie Wonder is still fucking amazing.

Kendrick Lamarr, quite impressed although he could do with losing the dancers and pyrotechnics.

Demi Lovato, I would boil her knickers and then beat myself to death with the pan.

Adele, I had to turn it off at that bit because she is worse than fucking awful. Just fuck off you fat, ginger, out of tune, moany faced cow.

• Upvote 4

Went to see Savages last night at The Albert Hall and they blew the roof off the place. Really can't recommend enough that you get to see them if you can. Loads of energy and tempo all night. Brilliant band. I reckon there's loads of people on the GF that would love them live.

This is from the current tour. Smashing it. Jenny Beth owning it.

• Upvote 1

Watching a bit of the Grammys today, some comments:- Stevie Wonder is still fucking amazing. Kendrick Lamar, quite impressed although he could do with losing the dancers and pyrotechnics. Demi Lovato, I would boil her knickers and then beat myself to death with the pan. Adele, I had to turn it off at that bit because she is worse than fucking awful. Just fuck off you fat, ginger, out of tune, moany faced cow.

can't beat a bit of King Kunta- 'a rapper with a ghost writer, what the fuck happened?'

• Upvote 1

Saw Jamie Woon last night. Pretty impressive really. Has two cracking backing singers along with him and some of the harmonies are just top class. Can't see him being anything other than very, very famous at some point. 

As a side note. The two backing singer looked to be on for a terrible night as we passed them on the way out the venue; as we saw what looked like a scene from The Walking Dead with them being swamped with enthusiastic women.

Due to the Old School thread (where I posted my 8 track player) and then the Under appreciated album track or whatever the fuck it was - have given a front to back to Montrose.  One of the great albums ever released.

• Upvote 1

Just listening to The Traveling Wilbury's for the first time in a long, long time.

Fucking hell, what an outfit. Harrison is seriously underrated as a musician.

I saw Peter Hook's solo band at a festival a couple of years back and I thought they were fucking terrible.

I saw them in the Melkweg as part of a festival about the same time and they're not great at all. The intro to Shadowplay still worked for me though. It's a bit odd that his son is playing bass while he's busy being the frontman. Might have been better off hiring a singer instead.

The new New Order album, however, is surprisingly good.

Rockcrusher"s rock concert section inside the Vidtime add on in Kodi is Fucking brilliant.

The lad takes requests over his Twitter feed and is really obliging and dead quick in finding and whacking up links to gigs.

In the past few days I've asked him for some Suicidal Tendencies, Coheed and Cambria, Jimmy Eat World and Karate and he's sorted the lot.

Get on it people.

Just been watching a documentary on BBC4 about Janis Jopling, never took too much notice of her but fuck me, she was good. Worth a game too.

• Upvote 1

Just been watching a documentary on BBC4 about Janis Jopling, never took too much notice of her but fuck me, she was good. Worth a game too.

I've never taken to her voice but really enjoyed the programme.

Ever since I hit 30 I've struggled with the death bit of these documentaries, even if I didn't like the cunt I'm sitting with a lump in my throat.

• Upvote 1