You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Random musical chat.

Carvalho Diablo

Kendrick Lamar is single-handedly bringing back golden era hip hop with his latest album, To Pimp A Butterfly. It's got politically conscious lyrics and soul/jazz/funk influenced beats. I've hammered it since the day it came out a couple of months ago and it just gets better and better and better. Best record of the year by a mile for me and possibly of the decade. Get on it music heads.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just ordered to reissue of Sticky Fingers (out today), the bonus disc has a version of Brown Sugar with Clapton on guitar as well as loads of live stuff from '71.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sticky-Fingers-The-Rolling-Stones/dp/B00UN9PP44/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0JCR5QACE7ZDVXKFRBH7

In other news, Ronnie Wood has annexed Switzerland & Charlie Watts has a cat called Mark.

• Upvote 1

Just ordered to reissue of Sticky Fingers (out today), the bonus disc has a version of Brown Sugar with Clapton on guitar as well as loads of live stuff from '71.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sticky-Fingers-The-Rolling-Stones/dp/B00UN9PP44/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0JCR5QACE7ZDVXKFRBH7

In other news, Ronnie Wood has annexed Switzerland & Charlie Watts has a cat called Mark.

I picked that up too. Couldn't understand why the three disc set with the DVD was so much more expensive? It's only got two extra video's as far as I can tell? Although one is Midnight Rambler, so it could well be worth the extra £25 alone.

• Upvote 1

I picked that up too. Couldn't understand why the three disc set with the DVD was so much more expensive? It's only got two extra video's as far as I can tell? Although one is Midnight Rambler, so it could well be worth the extra £25 alone.

Just had the Clapton version of Brown Sugar on, it's fucking magic.

I remember donkey's years ago when my mate Oz gave me this manky old C90. He said "You've got to listen to side A of this, it's fucking brilliant...".

So I gave side A a listen and side A was shite. Side A was Oasis, What's The Story...

However, I also gave side B a listen and I was blown away, side B was immense; I played side B of that old C90 so much over the next few weeks that I wore the fucker out. Side B was The Stone Roses' Second Coming.

In the 25 years since, I haven't changed my opinion.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Second Coming was a fucking great album.

The biggest mark against it was that the sound was different and the public are fickle cunts.

It still is a great rock album. Still love it to this day and it still ranks as my favourite Roses record.

The Roses debut is a perfect pop record and I love that too; both far better than anything Oasis have ever done (imo).

• Upvote 1

Second Coming was a fucking great album.

The biggest mark against it was that the sound was different and the public are fickle cunts.

Spot on with both points.

I listen to it more than the first album and have done for years.

• Upvote 2

I remember donkey's years ago when my mate Oz gave me this manky old C90. He said "You've got to listen to side A of this, it's fucking brilliant...".

So I gave side A a listen and side A was shite. Side A was Oasis, What's The Story...

However, I also gave side B a listen and I was blown away, side B was immense; I played side B of that old C90 so much over the next few weeks that I wore the fucker out. Side B was The Stone Roses' Second Coming.

In the 25 years since, I haven't changed my opinion.

The Roses second album has probably aged better. Might bang that on in the car tomorrow. Don't think I'll ever have to listen to What's The Story ever again

The Roses second album has probably aged better. Might bang that on in the car tomorrow. Don't think I'll ever have to listen to What's The Story ever again

I even love some of the "fillers"; Straight To The Man, Your Star Will Shine, Tightrope and especially (my favourite song on the entire album), How Do You Sleep.

Timeless.

• Upvote 1

I even love some of the "fillers"; Straight To The Man, Your Star Will Shine, Tightrope and especially (my favourite song on the entire album), How Do You Sleep.

Timeless.

Ten Storey Love Song is the only real nod to the debut. If they could only have released something in the gap between the two albums I think people would of accepted the more advanced sound.

Get on the DMAs though! There's something about the Roses early charm on that EP.

Second Coming is boss, but it is in no way better than their debut.

Straight to the Man is grim, as is the long winded intro to Breaking Into Heaven (admittedly when it gets going finally, it is boss).

Every single second of the first album is a joy.

• Upvote 1

Look at the state of these three

www-507108.jpg

I'm 90% sure my old band supported them about 10 years ago, is it a Hendrix tribute band from the Midlands?

The drummer had a terrible back problem & it looks like he's been replaced by someone who needs a stick bag for his Christmas.