You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Random musical chat.

Carvalho Diablo

We went to our first gig since January 2020 last night in the Town Hall in Galway. They had vaccine certification checks at the door and compulsory mask wearing throughout but it was worth all of it to hear live music.

We saw The Lost Brothers with Irish music legend Donal Lunny (Planxty, Moving Hearts etc) and it was an incredible show. The Lost Brothers are an Everly Brothers style duo, brilliant song-writing and harmonies but Donal Lunnys bouzouki playing elevated it so much.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

A few people have recommended Meat Mallet by A Formal Horse. I've listened to the album a couple of times & can't make my mind up about it but something is making me want to go back to it, which is usually a good sign. Adam Lallana is name checked on a song too.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

@stringvest how were Big Country mate? Saw a bit of them at the IOW festival years ago and enjoyed them 

they were ok if you like that sort of fiddly-dee guitar music - I got dragged there by the other half as she loves them.  Bit of a Triggers Broom band - the only original member just happens to be the one directly responsible for all that fiddly-dee nonsense on the guitar.

1 minute ago, stringvest said:

they were ok if you like that sort of fiddly-dee guitar music - I got dragged there by the other half as she loves them.  Bit of a Triggers Broom band - the only original member just happens to be the one directly responsible for all that fiddly-dee nonsense on the guitar.

Right up my street tbh 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Ace 

we were supposed to be going to see Adam Ant tonight as well, but thank fuck he's postponed.  Give and take - I drag her to see Ron Sexsmith and Randy Newman, she's takes me to see bands she had posters of when she was 12.