You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Random musical chat.

Carvalho Diablo

7 hours ago, Mook said:

There's some great stories about Buddy Rich & Dusty Springfield, they played a club together in New York in the 60s & absolutely despised each other. 

She wasn't the only one.

Have you heard the Bus Tapes?

"Saxophones, you gotta fuckin be kidding me!!"

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

She wasn't the only one.

Have you heard the Bus Tapes?

"Saxophones, you gotta fuckin be kidding me!!"

Aye, I've heard them. He had a nasty temper did Buddy.

7 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I can’t stand Lulu. Watched To Sir, with Love when it was on telly the other week. Good film but her song at the end almost spoilt it for me. Looking at it objectively, Dusty was a much better singer technically.

I watched that, one of the kids in it is that fella from Emmerdale Farm, Pollard. 

Dusty had a great voice for me and instrumental on bringing Motown to these shores, Lulu just doesn't seem to register with me, a powerful voice mind  but that Shout is irritating 

14 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I watched that, one of the kids in it is that fella from Emmerdale Farm, Pollard. 

Dusty had a great voice for me and instrumental on bringing Motown to these shores, Lulu just doesn't seem to register with me, a powerful voice mind  but that Shout is irritating 

Yeah, Eric Pollard is in it, as is Catweazle.

Got an album dropped on my desk last week and I initially hated it but I've listened more and it's very good. Irish lad who sings in his Louth accent called David Keenan. DEFINITELY not everyone's cup of tea but if you like Irish trad/folk/troubadour style artists then you'll like this. 

• 1 month later...

don't know if mentioned but there is a mad little shop in St. John's precinct selling a full range of media. very good priced record box sets that are not damaged and some stuff you have got to watch on what they bring out when you get it off the shelf.

something for everyone there i would have thought. don't know how long it's been there if anybody knows? looks like something to do with HMV returns or something like that.

if you box (sorry) clever you can walk out with some great stuff. it's on the LFC shop side up the escalator on the right.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...