You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Random musical chat.

Carvalho Diablo

The most recent Father John Misty album is good I reckon, better than Pure Comedy but doesn’t get close to the lyrical and musical magic of “I love you, honeybear” for me.

If you like a bit of 70s inspired orchestral pop whimsy the latest record from Gruff Rhys, Babelsberg, is really good too. Excellent stuff from the old Super Furry Animals honcho.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought The Band's, Music From the Big Pink album on Friday, it's one of those albums where you have no idea why it's not in your collection. I have some of their other stuff (obviously the eponymous 'brown' LP) but have just never got round to buying this one. The 50th anniversary one came out recently so I picked up the 40th anniversary one for a fiver, magic.

• Upvote 1

I've been listening to a bit of Father John Misty of late. Had heard of him anyway, but never really listened to him before. Noticed him mentioned in here and thought I'd check his stuff out. Shit hot. Top songs. And he's one smooth mo-fo. 

Listened to that First Aid Kit the other day too. Stay Gold. Impressed. Great voices and beautifully performed songs. 

18 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I've been listening to a bit of Father John Misty of late. Had heard of him anyway, but never really listened to him before. Noticed him mentioned in here and thought I'd check his stuff out. Shit hot. Top songs. And he's one smooth mo-fo. 

Listened to that First Aid Kit the other day too. Stay Gold. Impressed. Great voices and beautifully performed songs. 

He's very good. The latest offering doesn't exactly hit the same stellar heights as Honeybear but still good.

I actually like his chilled out acoustic stuff he did under his own name, J. Tillman.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Not a chance mate. With Posh i'd have gone to each date. Without? Nah ill just look at my VB Calendar. 

Victoria Beer is a decent beer.

18 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Tooheys, that's a beer I haven't heard of in a while. Good stuff, haven't seen it in England. 

Only drank either in Australia. Another one, Carlton is it? They don't drink Fosters over there and good on them 

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Only drank either in Australia. Another one, Carlton is it? They don't drink Fosters over there and good on them 

Carlton Cold was a lovely beer, that has been impossible to find in England. Good beers over there.

• 2 weeks later...