You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Random musical chat.

Carvalho Diablo

Watching a bit of the Grammys today, some comments:-

Stevie Wonder is still fucking amazing.

Kendrick Lamarr, quite impressed although he could do with losing the dancers and pyrotechnics.

Demi Lovato, I would boil her knickers and then beat myself to death with the pan.

Adele, I had to turn it off at that bit because she is worse than fucking awful. Just fuck off you fat, ginger, out of tune, moany faced cow.

• Upvote 4

Went to see Savages last night at The Albert Hall and they blew the roof off the place. Really can't recommend enough that you get to see them if you can. Loads of energy and tempo all night. Brilliant band. I reckon there's loads of people on the GF that would love them live.

This is from the current tour. Smashing it. Jenny Beth owning it.

• Upvote 1

Watching a bit of the Grammys today, some comments:- Stevie Wonder is still fucking amazing. Kendrick Lamar, quite impressed although he could do with losing the dancers and pyrotechnics. Demi Lovato, I would boil her knickers and then beat myself to death with the pan. Adele, I had to turn it off at that bit because she is worse than fucking awful. Just fuck off you fat, ginger, out of tune, moany faced cow.

can't beat a bit of King Kunta- 'a rapper with a ghost writer, what the fuck happened?'

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Jamie Woon last night. Pretty impressive really. Has two cracking backing singers along with him and some of the harmonies are just top class. Can't see him being anything other than very, very famous at some point. 

As a side note. The two backing singer looked to be on for a terrible night as we passed them on the way out the venue; as we saw what looked like a scene from The Walking Dead with them being swamped with enthusiastic women.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Peter Hook's solo band at a festival a couple of years back and I thought they were fucking terrible.

I saw them in the Melkweg as part of a festival about the same time and they're not great at all. The intro to Shadowplay still worked for me though. It's a bit odd that his son is playing bass while he's busy being the frontman. Might have been better off hiring a singer instead.

The new New Order album, however, is surprisingly good.

Rockcrusher"s rock concert section inside the Vidtime add on in Kodi is Fucking brilliant.

The lad takes requests over his Twitter feed and is really obliging and dead quick in finding and whacking up links to gigs.

In the past few days I've asked him for some Suicidal Tendencies, Coheed and Cambria, Jimmy Eat World and Karate and he's sorted the lot.

Get on it people.

Just been watching a documentary on BBC4 about Janis Jopling, never took too much notice of her but fuck me, she was good. Worth a game too.

I've never taken to her voice but really enjoyed the programme.

Ever since I hit 30 I've struggled with the death bit of these documentaries, even if I didn't like the cunt I'm sitting with a lump in my throat.

• Upvote 1