You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Random musical chat.

Carvalho Diablo

From The Sunday Times, the music rich list...

Top 10 music earners

1. Sir Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell £730m

2. Lord Lloyd-Webber £650m

3. U2 £431m

4. Sir Elton John £270m

5. Sir Mick Jagger £225m

6. Keith Richards £210m

7. Michael Flatley £195m

8. Ringo Starr £180m

8. Sting £180m

9. Roger Waters £160m

Booked tix for a few gigs over the summer :

Fun Lovin Criminals (replete with brass section) in Durham in July

Primus (playing two full sets) in Manchester in June

Fishbone (hopefully) at Camden in August.

Love them all, but especially Fishbone. Hope to meet Rocky George again and get hammered drunk..

Playing the life out of the Curtis in Chicago live album atm; the perfect summer, feel good record.

Hey Mook, if you still haven't bought it then drop me a PM with your address and I'll see if I can somehow arrange for a copy to wing it's way to you mate.

I've just had some curtis on as well.

I'll drop you a PM. Cheers.

Playing the life out of the Curtis in Chicago live album atm; the perfect summer, feel good record.

Hey Mook, if you still haven't bought it then drop me a PM with your address and I'll see if I can somehow arrange for a copy to wing it's way to you mate.

It's fucking magic, mate. Got it on now, the sort of music that saves lives.

• Upvote 1

It's fucking magic, mate. Got it on now, the sort of music that saves lives.

Just getting in from the pub straight from from work, right now mate. So pleased that you're digging it. Great album, love it myself. Very short but perfectly formed.

Duke of fucking Earl motherfucker. Hell yeh.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a Terry Reid phase, his River album is very underrated.

He was Jimmy Page's original choice to sing in Led Zeppelin but Mickie Most (twat) had him tied down to a shitty contract.

I actually wrote 'Jimmy Page's choice to sign in Led Zeppelin' there by mistake, imagine a Led Zeppelin tribute band for deaf people with Terry Reid signing the words, Def Zeppelin.

I'm bored.

Yes, such a great voice; he should've been so much bigger. The River and 'Superlungs' albums often get an airing in our house and bring back great memories of my student days. Went to see Mr Reid in a pub near Dartmouth about ten years ago and wished I hadn't - he was pretty shit, although it could've been an off night. He's touring the UK at this very moment......

• Upvote 1