Quantcast
Random musical chat. - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Carvalho Diablo

Random musical chat.

Thought it might prove interesting to put a few things out there and just see where it takes us. Like I said, random.

Sugar's Copper Blue is one of the best pop albums ever recorded.

Karate are one of my favourite bands and they should have been massive.

As much as I love Radiohead, I still find Kid A unlistenable.

Dave Gilmour's 2nd solo in Comfortably Numb (from Floyd's live Pulse album) is the greatest guitar solo ever.

The Police's best song is The Bed's Too Big Without You.

Shane MacGowan is a brilliant singer.

Metallica would be a far better band without both Kirk and Lars.

• Upvote 1

Link Wray's "Law of the jungle" album is one of the great rock n roll records of all time and "Good Rockin Tonight" should of made him a big star.

• Upvote 1

I need to broaden my musical horizon a bit, ive become a right fucking snob to stuff i like and rarely give new things a go 

• Upvote 1

First album I bought was whats the story morning glory

..... the first single was 'i swear' by all for one. 

fuyckj sake 

I think Ben E King's "Stand By Me" is possibly the best pop song ever written.

Tears For Fears "Everybody Wants To Rule The World", Blondie's "Union City Blue", General Public's "Tenderness" and Katy Perry's "Firework" are all great pop songs.

• Upvote 1

There are more than half a dozen Elvis Costello albums which are quite brilliant in different ways.  I don't know anyone else from this country, apart from the Beatles, who can lay claim to such a large canon of quality material.  

• Upvote 1

There are more than half a dozen Elvis Costello albums which are quite brilliant in different ways.  I don't know anyone else from this country, apart from the Beatles, who can lay claim to such a large canon of quality material.  

Omar?

• Upvote 5

Scott Walker's Scott IV is possibly the greatest LP of all time. Peerless.

Can't go with that, but he is a bona fide genius.   Mad as a wet hen.  Have you heard his latest one, out this week?  Fucking hell.

Can't go with that, but he is a bona fide genius.   Mad as a wet hen.  Have you heard his latest one, out this week?  Fucking hell.

I don't rush to buy his newer stuff to be honest. Bought The Drift a few years back and couldn't even give it a full listen. Fair play to him though for still pushing the sonic boundaries rather than cashing in on his '60s fame.

Ashamed to say I've never even heard of it. Will have to check that out mate.

You won't regret it. And with you on In Utero. What a production/recording from Albini. Serve The Servants still floors me every time.

I don't rush to buy his newer stuff to be honest. Bought The Drift a few years back and couldn't even give it a full listen. Fair play to him though for still pushing the sonic boundaries rather than cashing in on his '60s fame.

this is better than the Drift - funnily enough I had the Drift on last week while doing something else; it's really barking.  

this is better than the Drift - funnily enough I had the Drift on last week while doing something else; it's really barking.  

Must throw on The Drift again one of these evenings, if only to annoy the dog.

• Upvote 1