You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Canadian terror attacks....

Nelly-Szoboszlai

Guest Pistonbroke

I disagree mate.

Take religion out of the equation and other excuses would be made for war.

Probably not real ones like oil but excuses nonetheless.

I didn't say there would be o wars mate, i said "if there was no religion whatsoever a lot of wars/conflicts would not be taking place."

Of course there would still be wars due to the greed and power trip many of those at the top crave.  In my eyes Religion is a controlled evil by those who pull the strings, many follow peaceful and its up to them if they want to believe in a bag of fucking shite. Others are manipulated and used as tools by those who crave power and wealth at any means regardless of the loss of life etc. Religion is and always was just a form of control, people need belief in their lives as most can't sort things out for themselves. 

I didn't say there would be o wars mate, i said "if there was no religion whatsoever a lot of wars/conflicts would not be taking place."

Of course there would still be wars due to the greed and power trip many of those at the top crave. In my eyes Religion is a controlled evil by those who pull the strings, many follow peaceful and its up to them if they want to believe in a bag of fucking shite. Others are manipulated and used as tools by those who crave power and wealth at any means regardless of the loss of life etc. Religion is and always was just a form of control, people need belief in their lives as most can't sort things out for themselves.

What happened to your font after the first paragraph? It looks like low grade invisible ink.

I disagree mate.

Take religion out of the equation and other excuses would be made for war.

Probably not real ones like oil but excuses nonetheless.

Have to agree.

Conflict lurks in us all, some more than others.

People will seek an outlet for it come what may.

Many will use religion, as it gives lie to being 'peaceful' whilst holding some disturbing prejudices that are fuel for conflict.

Some will turn to race, nationality, sexuality, gender, politics or sport.

Religion is particularly subversive though as it manages to cover a wide range of subjects, so plenty to hate someone else and it generally promotes the idea that what you do on earth / in 'life' is only part of the equation. So committing life changing (or ending) atrocities isn't so bad, there's a 'bigger picture' to consider.

• Upvote 1

Ha ha, idiot. What about the ones that don't? I bet you've never met a Muslim, much less travel to countries where these barbarians comes from. What your talking about is a minority of people who are evil cunts and would be regardless. Perhaps you didn't notice the Arab spring. These people want freedom from oppression. You really shouldn't let your prejudices get in the way of your ability to think.

Sorry NV, which countries are you talking about when you're talking about only a minority taking that line of thought? Hate to be the bearer of bad news but there's quite a few very populous ones that are very much in agreement with that line of thinking.

I'd be interested to hear why you think that they'd think that way (being evil cunts) regardless of religion.