You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If you could ask Brendan Rodgers five questions, what would they be?

stringvest

Fucking hell, Stringers, we had the same argument from people on here about Swansea two seasons gone. They'll end up shite, ours won't.

We are 8 games in, two if the teams above us won't be. This is all a not premature mate.

I'm just feeling completely pissed off after that performance mate.  I'm not jumping on any bandwagon, and I'm sure things will improve, but it's frustrating watching performances like that. 

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'm just feeling completely pissed off after that performance mate.  I'm not jumping on any bandwagon, and I'm sure things will improve, but it's frustrating watching performances like that.

Oh aye, that first half was especially horrendous. Fuck me, a real nightmare. There were some serious twattish performances.

Repped in error. I frequently rep in error but needed to say this particular time, where normally I wouldn't.

A season is longer than 8 games so new players should be judged accordingly, is my view.

But Rodgers needs to sort out our defence, midfield and attack. I am quite certain he is aware of this, mind.

I understand completely your need to tell us all about the rep in error on this occasion.

I am on the whole optimistic about the players we've bought under Rodgers.  Sakho, Allen, Lallana, Lovren, and the fullbacks I'm happy with as I believe they're all good players and will prove themselves over the course of the season.  I am not prejudging players, as that is just silly.  I agree with your last two sentences.  I am frustrated that more has not been done in these areas, particularly when some of the current issues were here last year.  I believe Rodgers may be a good manager - last season does not prove it unequivocally for me.  I have always said he should be judged on his ability to maintain improvement over the course of several seasons - lots of managers have been able to have a good season but not follow it up.  

I want Rodgers to succeed, desperately - the alternative is too grisly to contemplate.  This is a massive test of his abilities.  We are all over the floor in most of the important aspects of the team.  Last season we were as a team significantly better than the sum of our parts.  This year, we are the opposite.  Let's see what Rodgers is made of.   

5.  Is your credibility at risk when you espouse family values at the heart of the club and your dealings with young players, then you leave your wife for a younger, fitter model?

That's a little below the belt there Razor, you'd expect that from a Man United fan on a #AskRodgers twitter session.

• Upvote 1

After today's mindbogglingly inept performance, there are several questions I would genuinely like Brendan to answer, in order that I and others might understand the rationale and thinking that is going into his recent decision making.  

What would be yours?

negged, not for the original inane boring fucking question but for repping anyone who appears to have taken your bait and rips the manager to shit. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

some quickies really

1. why did u spend almost 50mil on 3 Southampton players when none strengthens our first XI

2. why did u pay 20mil for a shite LCB, when all we needed was a solid RCB

3. why can't u see that accomodating Gerrard in this team costs us defensive balance and legs in midfield.

4. why keep playing Balotelli as a lone striker when everyone knows he can't play as a lone striker.

5. what's the point of Pascoe, Marsh and GK coach.

yes he should appoint you, come on tell is what d

If our players are effected by Twitter they need binning.

yes because thats the difference between playing for Liverpool and Southampton,,,fucking twitter!

That's a little below the belt there Razor, you'd expect that from a Man United fan on a #AskRodgers twitter session.

I hear you, brother, but I'm sticking with it.

It's the kind of question that a concerned Liverpool fan who bought wholeheartedly into the Brendan Way asks when he sees such a downturn in fortune and is searching for a reason the coaching of last year is so far so ineffective this year.

To follow a leader so devotedly, you have to buy into the whole person.  The leader has to be above reproach. 

Not every time, but one who so fervently espoused the ideas of family and loyalty certainly does.

It didn't sit right with me straight away, and maybe I'm clutching at straws, and as i said understandbaly some might feel I'm out of order, but this isn't a footballer having it away with a one night stand, this is a leader, a commanding presence who is speaking to (other) devoted, mostly married men and looking a bit hypocritical.

I can see that Liverpool are playing badly and I'm harping back to a private matter, so yes, I can see that is out of order.  But I'm airing it anyway.

I want to look beyond it and I hope I can.

1. What do you think is the single biggest thing that will improve our defence this season?

2. Which youngster is likely to have the biggest impact at Anfield?

3. Are there plans to make changes in playing personnel in January?

4. Which player outside of the prem could most improve our side?

5. Who is your favourite Code alter-ego?

• Upvote 1

Why do you add 'as I said' or 'like I say' to your point when it's the first time you're making that particular point in the conversation?

We seem to have at least a couple of players each year that effectively become dead weight before the season is up. Why have so few of the club's new signings settled in properly at the club in your tenure? 

During you're tenure, the team's best form has coincided with only having to play one game a week for the most part. Granted, in 2012/13 you were juggling with domestic and European commitments with a squad desperately short of options and quality, and this season you're doing the same with a squad not short of options but with several players coming under scrutiny following a mediocre start to the campaign. Do your methods need an entire week on the training ground in order to prove effective or can they still transfer when there are more games in the weekly schedule?

Are you counting on the team's form picking up dramatically in the second half of the season as has been the case in the previous two seasons?

Why do you struggle so badly with cup competitions?

EDIT:

Bonus questions: Why do you choose home games against Villa to tinker with the team and test new formations and tactics? We seem to have no problems handling them at their own place each year, and they generally get dicked by everybody else they face, so wouldn't it be better to go with a tried and trusted approach, smash their sorry arses like we should be doing, and maybe implement tactical variations against different opposition?

I hear you, brother, but I'm sticking with it.

It's the kind of question that a concerned Liverpool fan who bought wholeheartedly into the Brendan Way asks when he sees such a downturn in fortune and is searching for a reason the coaching of last year is so far so ineffective this year.

To follow a leader so devotedly, you have to buy into the whole person. The leader has to be above reproach.

Not every time, but one who so fervently espoused the ideas of family and loyalty certainly does.

It didn't sit right with me straight away, and maybe I'm clutching at straws, and as i said understandbaly some might feel I'm out of order, but this isn't a footballer having it away with a one night stand, this is a leader, a commanding presence who is speaking to (other) devoted, mostly married men and looking a bit hypocritical.

I can see that Liverpool are playing badly and I'm harping back to a private matter, so yes, I can see that is out of order. But I'm airing it anyway.

I want to look beyond it and I hope I can.

What the fuck? His private life has really got fuck all to do with you, why are you making such a big deal out of it,

I'm with Razor on this, you can't go on about the club being a big family and then trade your missus in for a younger model when you get more exposure. If he didn't have kids I don't think I'd have had a problem with it but he does and I think it's out of order.

I wasn't happy when the story broke and it still irratates me when he mentions LFC being a family, I think it's hypocritical.