Sign in to follow this  
Mook

Led Zeppelin Thread

Couldn't find a dedicated Led Zeppelin thread so apologies if there is one.

Just seen Jimmy Page's photographic biography is £26 on Amazon, the original edition was about £150 I think so might invest in this, the reviews are great...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jimmy-Page/dp/1905662327/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1413560873&sr=1-1&keywords=jimmy+page

Also the deluxe editions of Led Zeppelin IV & Houses of the Holy are out on Monday 27th October, complete with outtakes & alternate mixes.

• Upvote 2

You have to Plant the seed and hope people don't just turn over the Page thinking it's just gash. Or else Bonham will rub you nose in it. 

I don't know any of the others.

I got my deluxe editions of IV & Houses of the Holy last night, have to say I'm a little underwhelmed by the alternate discs, highlights include the new version of the Rain Song, on which the drums are turned right up (fucking hell), No Quarter is very moody, Rock and Roll seems even heavier than the original & the mix on When the Levee Breaks is very different, needs another few listens.

I've not gotten round to the new version of Stairway yet but I hope the alternate stuff on the new Physical Grafitti throws up a few more surprises than these two did (scheduled for release in February).

Physical Graffiti remaster with deluxe edition out on February 23rd.

This is better than fucking Christmas this.

• Upvote 1

As Ian Anderson once said to Jimmy Page

" with my voice and lyrics and your riffs, we could get a good little band going"

Unlikely to happen given Page refers to Anderson's band as 'Jethro Dull'.

Page is a blasphemer. !!!!

I love my prog but I agree with Page about Jethro Tull, apart from the riff in Aqualung and some of the drumming, I can't be bothered with them.